Twinings of London to become new tea supplier throughout Walt Disney World

jkl2000

By order of her majesty The Queen!

queen_snow_white_icon_game.png

jessfriends

I only did the tea room once at Grand Floridian so I don't recall the tea they used there but will this replace what they had from 2 years ago?

rael ramone

No Teavana? :(

As far as 'bag' tea goes, I'm not familiar with Twinnings, but I'm sure it's superior to what's there now...

(I wonder if Twinnings was motivated to give a good price to the Mouse due to more interest in loose leaf purveours - get more people to try their tea and hope that when people go home, if they choose to upgrade from what they are using now choose them instead of Teavana or another high end tea).

I wonder if they'll use it for Sweet Tea as well...

Bolna

This is kind of odd.

All the resort food courts I ever came across already have Twinings right now. I love their Earl Grey (it's my standard tea at home), so I was very happy about being able to get it with my refillable mug. They usually have a nice selection of varieties.

Only the in-park CS ever served me horrible nestea as hot tea. I thought it was a rip off for the price they charged. I would have at least expected a Twinings tea bag...

Also, the few times I had tea at a sit down restaurant or buffet for breakfast, it was always Twinings. I know that Jiko served some speciality teas that were not from Twinings. I would say they were higher quality teas. Twinings is a very good mass produced tea in my opinion, but not really high end. I am sure the signature restaurants and the Tea Room at the GF used to serve something better so far

So all in all I would say that this is not a huge change. For in-park CS it is an improvement, for other places it will be a downgrade. Especially for the GF tea room! But this has gone downhill quite a bit in the last few years it seems. It used to have such wonderful china and now has gone to a much cheaper looking china... But then going there started a new fascination with High Tea for me - and the handful of ones I have tried so far all far exceeded the GF experience! So no need for me to go back there anyway... :cool:

SirLink

While Twinings is could for their flavoured blends. Ringtons, however, is a better brew overall for their breakfast and base blends like Earl Grey and the like very strong flavoured.

dreamfinder

I'd assume it wouldn't override anything at Starbucks. That's a separate contract and only available in those two locations.

Except they have replaced some of the normal Starbucks non-coffee beverages with ones that Coke/Disney provides. For instance, the normal juice selection has been replaced by Minute Maid apple and orange juice. So apparently some vendors have been replaced by others in this situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom