Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Summer Nightastic drop profile details - SPOILERS

*Spoiler Alert*

Just rode ToT today. In addition to all the things that Steve mention I can tell you that there is a projection on the door that opens into the drop shaft.

The projection is actually of all the the people sitting in the elevator! When the elevator came to the hallway scene I noticed an added flash that I never remembered seeing before. It turns out that this flash was a picture that was being taken of the people in the elevator.

After you go through the black curtain area, the doors leading to the drop shaft are closed and projected on them is the image that was earlier taken of everyone in the elevator, but this then fades away so you are staring at a picture of an empty elevator. At this point the door opens and the elevator enters the drop shaft.

My description doesn't really do it justice because it is really a cool effect! At first I thought we were looking at a generic elevator picture with some random guests, but then I realized that I was able to see myself.

Sounds like TOT's moving closer to the design of its California cousin (where we have that photo effect, only done with live video)

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I was never a huge fan of the 5th dimension scene, the ride vehicle movement was great, but once the surprise of that wore off I thought the random objects were a little cheesy (especially the canned on-ride photos in the eye ball).

I like the simplicity of the star field.

rodserling27

Sounds like TOT's moving closer to the design of its California cousin (where we have that photo effect, only done with live video)

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I was never a huge fan of the 5th dimension scene, the ride vehicle movement was great, but once the surprise of that wore off I thought the random objects were a little cheesy (especially the canned on-ride photos in the eye ball).

I like the simplicity of the star field.

I concur. I'm looking forward to a new experience with the star field. Could be sort of disorienting!!

mickey2008.1

This looks awesome! I hope thye keep the new drop sequence, they need to have one that is full drops. I wont be able to see it as it is now, but hopefully they incorporate some of hte new effects with the old to make it completely perfect.

PurpleDragon

I'll be in DHS on Monday after the official start of the Summer Nightastic celebration. I'll report back here on the ToT changes and try to shed some more light on this for those who are confused as to this being better or worse than the original. :wave:

kramden88

Oh good, just go ahead and cover that whole Fifth Dimension scene and get rid of the ride's signature line of dialogue...That's...Nightastic.

<(>_<; )/

Can anyone comment on the permanency of these changes? Because, for me at least, it's not the same without the Serling narration. If I go on the ride without it I'd have to bring my iPod with the original sequence. :hammer:

rodserling27

Fixed it for ya :wave:

how temporary is this really going to be? would anyone really be surprised if a lot of it doesnt stick around for the long term?

Haha judgement is spelled either "judgment" or "Judgement." It works both ways. Don't Brits use "Judgment" and Americans use "judgement?" Whatever, I know nothing really.

But back to ToT....
I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted beyond SummerNightastic if there is good reaction to it. I have the same feeling about MSEP.

terp79

Well I'll have to wait until the first week of August to experience this but already I'm scratching my head as to why someone thought covering the 5D room up with a star curtain was a good idea. The 5D is room is my FAVORITE part of that ride. I have ridden TOT many a times and still to this day can't figure out all what's in the 5D room let alone describe what it looks like and the feeling you get from that one room scene. Really, really!?! That's what I have to ask. I think there could of been easier and cheaper ways to plus this attraction.

I was hoping WDI would of learned a few tricks from the opening of TOT in Paris. Projected images on the tower, thick rolling smoke with bright white lights pouring out of the Hotel or even the shafts, an infection twilight zone remix....

I'm happy to hear that new music has been added, but I feel the projected images of you in the shaft, then it fading into the twilight zone is a bit like bring some of the cheaper FX from DCA's version to DHS (Wave mirror). Everyone knows that besides Tokyo, DHS's version is the best!!!

Why cheapen it?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Haha judgement is spelled either "judgment" or "Judgement." It works both ways. Don't Brits use "Judgment" and Americans use "judgement?" Whatever, I know nothing really.

But back to ToT....
I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted beyond SummerNightastic if there is good reaction to it. I have the same feeling about MSEP.
Judgement is the correct spelling in English. Whatever language the Americans claim to use spells a lot of words incorrectly... :rolleyes:

Goofygirl07

man I'm going to be there in July and was planning on riding it for the first time given that there were smaller, short drops along the way, and now they changed it to the full drop profile...i'll have to think about this one again...

How many full shaft drops will there be? Are there any short ones along with it?

EpcotServo

Its the doors that open into the drop shaft. The lighting effect that was previously used on the doors has now been replaced with this new projection.

The projection is on the doors that lead into the drop shaft. The doors that you see open with white glow lining them once your past the 5th dimension part.

The Horton Doors? (The doors that open to reveal the outside?)

I'm so confused... There's the actual Fifth Dimenson scene, The Star Doors (Which are the only doors you see before the drop shaft) then the Drop shaft. So what, now they show the other set of doors BEHIND the Star Doors and THAT has the projection?

EDIT:

The white line is still there, but the stars that form it are covered up so your image can be projected onto them......

So it's the Star doors? They just covered the mirroring that makes them up, and left the light line that cracks the door open?

Biff215

Based on the video Steve posted, that's what it looked like to me. The line was visible while the stars were not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom