Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Summer Nightastic drop profile details - SPOILERS

Jorden

Thanks a lot (since I won't be able to get to Florida for Nightastic). What is "The Wall" though. Never heard of it...

jmuboy

Everything sounds good except the curtain. Will need to hear more about this one. And I vaguely remember the wall but need a refresher.

imagineer boy

I don't like the fact they've covered the 5th dimension up :(

Me too. I hope its just a temporary thing until some of the effects are fully working.

The rest sounds great though.

Although, I'm not sure if I like the removal of of Rod Sterling's voice before the drop sequence. It doesn't feel right.

rodserling27

Me too. I hope its just a temporary thing until some of the effects are fully working.

The rest sounds great though.

Although, I'm not sure if I like the removal of of Rod Serling's voice before the drop sequence. It doesn't feel right.
Fixed it for ya :wave:

I agree, though, about removing his voice. It might add a bit to the suspense, but I love that little "You are about to discover what lies BEYOND the fifth dimension..." line. Oh well, i won't pass full judgement until I'm on it myself, but the new drop profile sounds AWESOME.

EpcotServo

Oh good, just go ahead and cover that whole Fifth Dimension scene and get rid of the ride's signature line of dialogue...That's...Nightastic.

<(>_<; )/

DonaldDoleWhip

I think I'm ok with the removal of the Serling narration in that part...increased suspense could be a good thing! (Plus, I don't like when Serling says 'Tower of Terror' himself, it sort of takes me out of the moment)

But I hope the 5th Dimension doesn't remain covered up. That's one of the main show scenes and it's something unique to our Tower.

Also, I wish they created more than one new drop profile since they're not going to use the older ones. Because after the first (or maybe second) ride, the drop sequence won't really be surprising (temporarily defeating the purpose of all of the past Tower's incarnations).

Rob562

If the reference to "The Wall" is what I think is meant...

In the second profile ever, when they added the half-height drop from the 5th dimension level, you rolled into the drop shaft, locked in, and then a light somewhere above you turned on, lighting up the white stucco wall of the shaft in front of you for just a moment. Then as you started dropping and the wall started whizzing past, the light went out.

While it seems really stupid and not at all scary from reading the description, it actually added a moment of unease and confusion, especially for first-time riders... You went from this long show scene of the 5th dimension, the starfield doors and then the darkness of the shaft, and then you're presented with......a wall. :veryconfu

But the great thing about it was that it gave you just that split second of confusion about what was going on to keep you off-balance. It was just long enough for you to think "Huh? Wha- AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" as you then dropped. :D

Or at least that's what *I* got out of it... ;)

-Rob

jmpresney

(Hey, new here! First post!) I am really, really happy to see them returning to more full chamber drops. As nice as it was to switch up the profiles and keep people on their toes, the amount of short, choppy drops that always happened just never quite did it for me. After riding the original, the future profiles always kind of disappointed me in that regard. This sounds like the best of all possible worlds - minus, of course the fifth dimension covering. I'm thinking, "there's no way they'd do that though..." then I remind myself it is TDO... fingers crossed.

rsoxguy

(Hey, new here! First post!) I am really, really happy to see them returning to more full chamber drops. As nice as it was to switch up the profiles and keep people on their toes, the amount of short, choppy drops that always happened just never quite did it for me. After riding the original, the future profiles always kind of disappointed me in that regard. This sounds like the best of all possible worlds - minus, of course the fifth dimension covering. I'm thinking, "there's no way they'd do that though..." then I remind myself it is TDO... fingers crossed.

I have no reply to your post, but I do want to say "welcome"!

ms7479a

*Spoiler Alert*

Just rode ToT today. In addition to all the things that Steve mention I can tell you that there is a projection on the door that opens into the drop shaft.

The projection is actually of all the the people sitting in the elevator! When the elevator came to the hallway scene I noticed an added flash that I never remembered seeing before. It turns out that this flash was a picture that was being taken of the people in the elevator.

After you go through the black curtain area, the doors leading to the drop shaft are closed and projected on them is the image that was earlier taken of everyone in the elevator, but this then fades away so you are staring at a picture of an empty elevator. At this point the door opens and the elevator enters the drop shaft.

My description doesn't really do it justice because it is really a cool effect! At first I thought we were looking at a generic elevator picture with some random guests, but then I realized that I was able to see myself.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
*Spoiler Alert*

Just rode ToT today. In addition to all the things that Steve mention I can tell you that there is a projection on the door that opens into the drop shaft.

The projection is actually of all the the people sitting in the elevator! When the elevator came to the hallway scene I noticed an added flash that I never remembered seeing before. It turns out that this flash was a picture that was being taken of the people in the elevator.

After you go through the black curtain area, the doors leading to the drop shaft are closed and projected on them is the image that was earlier taken of everyone in the elevator, but this then fades away so you are staring at a picture of an empty elevator. At this point the door opens and the elevator enters the drop shaft.

My description doesn't really do it justice because it is really a cool effect!

Although I'm not wild about the narration going way, that effect does sounds very cool. Thanks!

Sugarhighpixie

Interesting. The first time I ever went on the TOT was last year around early spring and the anticipation nearly killed me. I noticed the lack of full drops and found it rather bizare that the ride was so 'choppy' but enjoyed myself. I'm excited that the rides being changed around a bit of Nightastic but I really enjoyed the voice over before the drop, it made me feel like I truly was in the Twilight Zone and gave me shivers. Keep up the updates!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
*Spoiler Alert*

My description doesn't really do it justice because it is really a cool effect! At first I thought we were looking at a generic elevator picture with some random guests, but then I realized that I was able to see myself.

Thanks for the update, I expected that to be used as a projection of some sort.

I've updated http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...or-Summer-Nightastic-drop-profile-details.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom