TWDC Earnings

dreamscometrue

I
Disney has done a lot of things... they just aren't the things resonating with this audience and on top of it some things they are doing the audience just flat out doesn't like (like FP+, etc) or they are disappointments in many ways

WoC shows
Dreams at DLP
Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom
Kim possible updated to Agent P
Pirate game in adventureland
Test Track
New Fantasyland
New Princess hall at DLR
New Princess hall at MK
Glow with the Show
Jack Sparrow replaced Narnia
Christmas in Carsland...

and much much more. But the changes get thrown under the rug because 1) WDW is not getting enough relative to it's size/age 2) the ones that are being done aren't what many people are seeking 3) The general sense that what is being done is 'not enough'

The perspective is lost a lot of times because people are so focused on 'enough additions' they tend to dismiss the incremental stuff that was done.

I agree wholeheartedly. Plus, we all want investment in WDW, when the shareholders and decision makers look at 'Parks and Resorts'. So, it makes sense when looking at improvements needed to 'Parks and Resorts', to decide to invest nearly $2 billion to 2 new cruise ships, redo DCA, and put money other places where it's surely going to increase revenue. If I'm an unbiased average Joe, not a huge WDW fanboi, I objectively love where they're investing the money. Hell, WDW still is making as much money as always, so it certainly wouldn't be a priority.

Since I am a WDW loving, D.V.C. owner, I want New Fantasyland, Pandora, Star Wars 'Land', Disney Springs, a JII redo, etc. a.s.a.p., but if I can be objective, I understand why the investment has been in other 'Parks and Resorts' entities, for several years. Our turn now though. :)

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I'm as jaded as anone else here, but jmcl07 is absolutely correct on this point. Financial statements and balance sheets are thoroughly audited by independent firms. And regardless of what you think of "bean counters", they've got reputations and careers to protect. Their salaries aren't being paid by TWDC.

If one of them discovered dishonest reporting at a public company and didn't take it to the SEC, they'd be risking they're jobs and their tickets.

It is important to note that these accounting firms and partners are liable just as the CFO and CEO are in these violations. An accountant doesn't care about the bottom line if it means they could have their life destroyed because they signed off on your deception.

asianway

It is important to note that these accounting firms and partners are liable just as the CFO and CEO are in these violations. An accountant doesn't care about the bottom line if it means they could have their life destroyed because they signed off on your deception.
And if they won't sign off on it, they'll be fired & replaced by someone who will

jakeman

Very familiar. Whistle blowing is more likely to limit your career than being the fraudster
If you've been fired what do you have to lose?

Bottom line, if you or your partner in paranoia, @ford91exploder, have evidence that Disney has lied on the SEC filing then report them. Otherwise, perhaps keep the discussion in a realm that doesn't require copious amounts of tin foil would be in order.

Either way I'm out. This conversation is boring.

Jimmy Thick

And if they won't sign off on it, they'll be fired & replaced by someone who will
emeraldcitywanderer-1487482-albums-general-pic98542-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Jimmy Thick- I read it on a fansite, so it must be true...

Nubs70

Boy for someone who has the SEC complaints tab bookmarked, you sure are unfamiliar with the Whistle Blower Protection section.
There are a series of steps one must take to be covered by Whistleblower protection. Once you initiate the steps toward protected status, you are a threat to the company and become a liability to the company. Any HR department worthy of a paycheck will have you released long before you see protected status.

Nubs70

If you've been fired what do you have to lose?

Bottom line, if you or your partner in paranoia, @ford91exploder, have evidence that Disney has lied on the SEC filing then report them. Otherwise, perhaps keep the discussion in a realm that doesn't require copious amounts of tin foil would be in order.

Either way I'm out. This conversation is boring.
What to lose???? Tens of thousands in legal fees.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
There are a series of steps one must take to be covered by Whistleblower protection. Once you initiate the steps toward protected status, you are a threat to the company and become a liability to the company. Any HR department worthy of a paycheck will have you released long before you see protected status.

It is worth noting that typically HR is there to protect upper management. I've seen people find this out the hard way after making an HR complaint about a performance rating.

It still doesn't change the fact that the SEC filings are accurate and not fabricated.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303448204579340820706911040?mobile=y

Nothing on the scale of Enron but there have been some violations of SOX.

Thanks,

I knew about KPMG - But let's face it 8.2M of the companies money is a drop in the bucket.

What I want to see is c-level executives paying the fines out of pocket AND doing 5-10 in Supermax not raking the bunkers at Club Fed. A few instances of this sort of prosecution would go a LONG way towards cleaning up corporate bad behavior.

The Chinese have the right idea they simply shoot the miscreant and bill the miscreant's family for the expended cartridge.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thanks,

I knew about KPMG - But let's face it 8.2M of the companies money is a drop in the bucket.

What I want to see is c-level executives paying the fines out of pocket AND doing 5-10 in Supermax not raking the bunkers at Club Fed. A few instances of this sort of prosecution would go a LONG way towards cleaning up corporate bad behavior.

The Chinese have the right idea they simply shoot the miscreant and bill the miscreant's family for the expended cartridge.
Not the best of comparisons there....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom