TWDC Earnings

fillerup

Original Poster
FY '14 Q1 earnings will be reported Wednesday Feb 5 at around 4:15.

Conference call to follow at 5pm. Listen Here

A preview for you:
Website-Event-Block-RAI-JAR_4.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

...You know that feeling when you're about to walk into a meeting with the big bosses of the company, and all the managers underneath, and then a whole slew of coworkers... and you're late to the meeting to begin with, it's already started... and you have to suck it up and crack open that door to go in?

...That's how it felt opening this thread.

I'm actually kinda glad that, thus far, no numbers are posted. Not sure I'll be back to see when they are... not entirely positive I really want to know.

never seen either of them before...wow - Iger looks like he could be selling used cars on any smarmy lot in the US.

He does look like a used car salesman. LOL

Jimmy Thick

Prediction...

Disney will post massive profits and people will complain its not going back to the parks even though Disney is spending billions building. There will also be speculation all the profits will be going into the pockets of executives even though that's illegal, it will still be suggested and pursued as fact.

And I will enjoy the price of my stock climbing.

Jimmy Thick- Quick change the sheets, its about to blow...

Matt_Black

Hate to break it to you Jimmy, but I don't think anyone's stocks will be climbing, at least not this week. Wall Street's been taking it on the chin.

DisneyFan 2000

I think we will be seeing a stock climb, but unlike our friend Jimmy here, I have no doubt that it won't be due to domestic parks & resorts' contributions. I'm betting a good year in movies (Lone Ranger aside), that probably led to a climb in merchandise sales, added with stable revenues from ESPN etc, will tip things in favor of the company. To prove Disney World is currently run efficiently and well by showing stock prices means almost nothing.

Genie of the Lamp

Deutsche Bank analyst Doug Mitchelson estimates Disney P&R earnings for Q1 2014 Fiscal year:
Deutsche Bank analyst Doug Mitchelson wrote in a research note to investors this week that investment returns and profit margins in Disney's theme park business "have been more difficult to forecast" recently. "So far, Universal's investment expansion under Comcast has grown the market and not hampered Disney's business. The expansion of Harry Potter at Universal in Florida opens in June, with two new rides in addition to new stores and new restaurants, providing incremental competition," Mitchelson wrote. "The key will be the impact of Disney finishing phase 3 of the Fantasyland expansion…and MyMagic+ being fully rolled out". Mitchelson estimates that earnings before interest and taxes at Disney's parks-and-resorts division grew 10 percent during the October-through-December period, which he termed a "normal" quarter for the business.

ABQ

Huge beat based on huge price increases? This on the early wire reviews. Studios getting the credit for the most part.

ABQ

From Jason Garcia (on Twitter):

Jason Garcia ‏@Jason_Garcia 14m
Domestic growth entirely a product of guest spending -- higher ticket prices & increased food/souvenir spending. No mention of attendance.
Well, Iger's vague statement on CNBC was "Record attendance at WDW" no specific information. Though he did also state as Garcia does, big spending. But attendance was briefly mentioned, unlike Garcia's tweet.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, Iger's vague statement on CNBC was "Record attendance at WDW" no specific information. Though he did also state as Garcia does, big spending. But attendance was briefly mentioned, unlike Garcia's tweet.
That was one of his tweets about the announcement. He later went on to post about Iger's comments on attendance for fiscal 2013 overall, but that there was no discussion of it in the press release. Here's his first article on the report:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-first-quarter-earnings-20140204,0,4577346.story

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From Jason Garcia (on Twitter):

Jason Garcia ‏@Jason_Garcia 14m
Domestic growth entirely a product of guest spending -- higher ticket prices & increased food/souvenir spending. No mention of attendance.

If you go back through the quarterly reports you will see a point a few years ago where Attendance was mentioned first, then guest spending switched to guest spending being mentioned first, then attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom