Trip Report 'Twas a lovely trip

A fond "Hello" to my WDW Magic "peeps"! While this was not my first trip since 2021, it is my first report since then. There are a lot of reasons that I debated doing one, but 2 main things swung me in the direction of yes.
1) Tuvalu said I should.
2) I like going back and reading my old reports as it really helps me remember the trip.

So, here we go!

Who: E & I (photo from a previous trip)
DSC06716.JPG

When: 1/26-2/4
Where: 1/26-1/31 Saratoga Springs 1/31-2/4 BLT

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
1/26 Nothing exciting to report from our arrival day. We got in quite late. Normally, we take a car service that will do a Publix stop, but we were getting in after 10 and Publix would be closed. So, we took the Mears shuttle and got delivery from Dizzy Dolphin.
The nicest Bell Services CM, Fred took pity on us and took us to our room in Congress Park at around 11:00 the night of our arrival. Yes I did give him a cast compliment!
DSC07677.JPG
DSC07678.JPG

I only took a couple photos because I was tired!
We unpacked a little and got ready for bed. We needed to be up early to visit Hollywood the next morning!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Since I'm off today, I thought I'd post a little more.
1/27: Our official first full day. We usually do split stays, but I decided to plan this trip a little differently. We did HS and AK whilst we were staying at SSR and MK and Epcot during our BLT portion. It worked out really well and made me come up with an even better idea for the future which I will share in my final thoughts.
When APs became available again, we purchased them. That meant a stop at Guest Relations to activate them before getting in line to enter HS. We had missed the first HS bus that morning by about a minute as we could see it pulling away. E has no chill, so he of course was already on edge and I'm sure it didn't help that my comment was, "That wasn't the bus we were meant to get on." :angelic: I have more than enough chill for both of us.
This was the line after we had visited Guest Services. It looks worse than it was.
DSC07680.JPG

Once we made it in, we headed toward Rise with everyone else. When we got there the CMs informed us that it was not running at that time. We were welcome to wait in line, but they had no estimated start time. We chose to wait and were rewarded with a constantly moving line and everything in working condition.
DSC07682.JPG
DSC07683.JPG
DSC07687.JPG

After Rise, we thought SDD might be doable so we headed to Andy's backyard. I didn't take any notes because I didn't think I'd be doing a report, so I'm going off memory and photos. 40 minutes was our waiting threshold so it must have been around that.
DSC07689.JPG

TSMM was next and then a quick visit with Frozone.
DSC07694.JPG

I wasn't very good about taking pictures on this trip. I prefer to use my camera and I didn't always have it at the ready. We had lunch at ABC Commissary. I discovered a new to me kids meal that I really enjoyed, but I didn't take a picture. It was the Chicken Arugula Farro Salad and it was quite filling and had a lot of chicken.
It was at this point that we began to realize that this wasn't going to be a slow week. I had purposely picked this week because it was before Presidents' Day and before Spring Breaks, but it was busy! More on that later. We had decided that we were NOT going to utilize Genie + at all this trip. Would that change? Stay tuned.
We saw the Muppets as there is never a wait for them.
DSC07696.JPG

We kept checking wait times and ToT was never under 65 minutes. We had a 4:00 reservation at Oga's and 5:15 at Hollywood Brown Derby. We decided that Baseline would be a great place to pass some time. We weren't wrong!
IMG_7366.jpg

A new to me drink that I believe they call "Mike's Mix". I'm not 100% sure, but it's half Bloody Orange Cider (that I am sure of) and half Golden Road Hefeweizen. It was REALLY good! I normally just get the cider, but it can be a little too sweet. Molly from Mammoth Club had ordered this in one of her videos and I knew I had to try it. Definitely a new favorite!
On to Oga's. We sat at a table with some other parties. Not gonna lie, I was happy to be able to sit. We always both get the Yub Nub. Enjoyable, but I thought they were extra sweet this time.
DSC07703.JPG

We watched Daisy water her flowers before our HBD reservation. So adorable!
DSC07697.JPG

We had a delicious meal. The filet for E and the Cobb Salad for me. No photos. After dinner, we headed back to SSR to get some rest for the 7:30 opening of AK the next morning. 😪

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
1/28 AK
We were up and at 'em pretty early this morning. We wanted to catch the first bus to AK. I didn't know a lot about Saratoga Springs and did only a little research before this trip. I had booked a preferred room and requested "close to Disney Springs". The good news is that we were also close to a bus stop and had great luck transportation wise thanks to the app. In hindsight, I wish I would have taken more pictures to give people who are thinking about staying there a better idea of what to expect.
Anywho, once we were let in we went to FoP with the masses. FoP queue selfie.
DSC07705.JPG

It was a great ride as always! We then headed over to the safari and only had about a ten minute wait. It was lovely!
DSC07709.JPG
DSC07711.JPG
DSC07717.JPG
DSC07719.JPG
DSC07722.JPG
DSC07726.JPG

We really thought seeing the lion was good luck. This was the day of the Lions vs. 49ers game. It was not our lucky day, but it made us happy at the moment.

Attachments

• DSC07727.JPG
    DSC07727.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 32

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
1/28 continued
Heading over to Dinoland, E posed for some photos. He's a good sport and always asks if I want my picture taken too, but it's usually a no from me.
DSC07732.JPG
DSC07733.JPG

Maybe the last time for Dinosaur? Who knows when it will become extinct! I look like I'm about to sneeze.
IMG_7423.JPG
DSC07745.JPG
DSC07742.JPG

Out timing was perfect to catch FoTLK. Feeling lucky again since we were sitting in the Lion section.
DSC07751.JPG
DSC07752.JPG

I love this show! It always makes me cry in a good way. MDE did not have the option to join the virtual walk up list for Nomad Lounge, so we went to put in our name. It just so happened that there were 2 seats at the bar so we didn't have to wait.
E had the Hightower Rocks and I had Tito's w/half tonic-half soda. We also shared the Chicken Satay Skewers and the Churros. They were both chef's kiss! It was a little frenzied at the bar because the second bartender had called off. They had ONE bartender making drinks for both the Nomad Lounge and Tiffins! We felt really bad for her. The drinks there are all so complicated!
DSC07757.JPG

On Saturday, I had the forethought to make a reservation to watch the game. Splitsville had availability at 5:30, so I grabbed that. We made a few stops on our way there. Not a great pic, but we were representing Detroit and had some great conversations. BTW I don't recommend Paradiso 37. The drinks were not good and way overpriced even by Disney standards.
IMG_7373.jpg

We had a great time at Splitsville. The food there is surprisingly good! We left when the Lions were still up. By the time we made it back to the room, it was a different story. Even though we really didn't expect them to make it to the Super Bowl, we were still disappointed. :cry:

Dory71

1/28 continued
Heading over to Dinoland, E posed for some photos. He's a good sport and always asks if I want my picture taken too, but it's usually a no from me.
View attachment 769468View attachment 769469
Maybe the last time for Dinosaur? Who knows when it will become extinct! I look like I'm about to sneeze.
View attachment 769471View attachment 769474View attachment 769475
Out timing was perfect to catch FoTLK. Feeling lucky again since we were sitting in the Lion section.
View attachment 769477View attachment 769478
I love this show! It always makes me cry in a good way. MDE did not have the option to join the virtual walk up list for Nomad Lounge, so we went to put in our name. It just so happened that there were 2 seats at the bar so we didn't have to wait.
E had the Hightower Rocks and I had Tito's w/half tonic-half soda. We also shared the Chicken Satay Skewers and the Churros. They were both chef's kiss! It was a little frenzied at the bar because the second bartender had called off. They had ONE bartender making drinks for both the Nomad Lounge and Tiffins! We felt really bad for her. The drinks there are all so complicated!
View attachment 769480
On Saturday, I had the forethought to make a reservation to watch the game. Splitsville had availability at 5:30, so I grabbed that. We made a few stops on our way there. Not a great pic, but we were representing Detroit and had some great conversations. BTW I don't recommend Paradiso 37. The drinks were not good and way overpriced even by Disney standards.
View attachment 769481
We had a great time at Splitsville. The food there is surprisingly good! We left when the Lions were still up. By the time we made it back to the room, it was a different story. Even though we really didn't expect them to make it to the Super Bowl, we were still disappointed. :cry:
Splitsville is our new go to at the Springs. Great menu with lots of variety. Both times we have eaten there we have enjoyed it. Sorry the Lions didn’t win, we were pulling for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom