Tusker House to become Character Buffet?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I find it funny that lots of people are saying Disney is always ruled by "the almighty dollar."

I thought it was shareholder pressure.

.[/QUOTE]

If it bothers you so much, aren't you ruled by "the almighty dollar" even that much more? So they have found a way to make more money. Aren't you really mad because they have found a way to make you -- the customer -- spend more money?.

Yes of course I’m mad, who wants to eat the same old buffet cak but in a new location. And its not spending more money you can choose not to eat there, but what they are doing by using this venue is reducing the choice of the cheaper option.

If money didn't bother you, and if you really liked Tusker House that much, you wouldn't have any problem throwing down $30 a person for lunch there.

It's just a food stand. Disney doesn't "have to" offer burgers either, but they do. For the burger fan, be greatful. I would really love to have a sub place in every park. But they don't. Or even a better selection of Mexican food/Tex-Mex. I would throw down $15 a meal at least 4-5 times a trip. The taco stand sucks. But guess what. They don't have that, and I deal with it. If it was something "in demand" they would.

Where as i would politely hand over the payment

Perhaps if Disney didnt give away free dinning plans there wouldnt be the pressure on the eateries. Perhaps if Disney realy believed in the mantra of a quality product it wouldnt be heading down the Wal-Mart business method

Personally my kids are all teens now and have no intention on having their meal interrupted by some short dressed in a furry suit. So I dont think we are the target audience and as a result the marketing muppets will have no interest IMHO

Besides I use the Flame Tree so na na na na na.....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think everyone may be getting in a tizzy over nothing. When the general population of guest realizes that everywhere you eat on property, you can only get the same thing, they will start going off property more for meals. Disney will realize this and start offering variety again.

octoberbarry

well what a shame to lose one of the best, most healthful quickserve places on the whole resort, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that the buffet selection meets the same standards. Lord knows I've eaten WELL at the likes of Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine...Reach for that and I'll be a happy camper...er safari-er...er whatever...:lol: :slurp:

Figment76

This is so disappointing. Tusker House not only had good food, but it was a great place to sit and relax. Wonder if they'll keep the back patio area and the dancers out front. I always looked forward to having lunch on that patio and listen to the people upstairs cleaning up ;) .

PhilharMagician

No more Donalds Breakfastasaurus. :mad: That was one of our favorite breakfast places that we have never missed. I will say that I am happy to finally see Daisy in the character line-up and I know my DD will be very excited. So in September the Yak & Yeti opens and now the Tusker House buffet. I imagine hours will be changing to a more steady open late kind of schedule. The last step is to add some kind of finally for the day like the rumored nighttime parade or lagoon show. AK will definately take out MGM as #3 WDW park this year. So lookout Epcot here comes AK looking for #2.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think everyone may be getting in a tizzy over nothing. When the general population of guest realizes that everywhere you eat on property, you can only get the same thing, they will start going off property more for meals. Disney will realize this and start offering variety again.

I hope you're right in general. In my specific case, you are absolutely correct. The changes to Tusker House will lead to one more meal that I will prepare in my one bedroom unit or a half dozen PBandJ sandwiches that I will take with me. On our last trip my family was about 50/50 between meals we made ourselves and meals we bought at WDW.

Thought - We usually stay at FW and that's where we were last trip. We are now DVC members. For someone staying in a regular room at a resort, there's really not a lot of options. Especially if you used DME and didn't rent a car. I wonder how much this effect dampens the impact of consumer dissatisfaction. You have to be really unhappy to rent a cab and go off property to eat.

jmuboy

I am normally NOT a fan of changes like this. But the buffet could be a good idea......the same type menu as Tusker House (just buffet style) or a watered down Boma menu. Plus, the park is not adding a character meal (which WOULD have annoyed me). They are just changing the venue of a current Character breakfast. I dont think this is as bad as some think it will be.

shoppingnut

I liked eating at TH, it had different food, so now for me there is no place to eat in AK. I don't eat disney burgers and the pizza's not that great, so time to rent a car and go off property for more meals. I can remember way back when we used to eat off property all the time and then little by little they started adding restaurants and in the beginning they weren't all that good, but then there was a turn around and the food started improving. And, in the last 15 years, we've been eating mostly on property. Well all things must change and I'll be taking my $$$'s to the outside once again.

jmuboy

I don't understand why everyone assumes that table service buffet food at this location means the food will be worse than the counter service quick-serve food. I am willing to give this change a chance. If Boma is a fantastic buffet then Tusker House could certainly be good itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom