Tusker House, Cape May Cafe and more dining returns to Walt Disney World

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"This isn't a crappy breakfast buffet... It's a family style meal not intended to be compared with the previous menu..."

(offered in the very same space, in lieu of the real thing)

It's the exact same level of non-sense justification of "don't compare them, they are different!!!" - Still a pi ss poor product being substituted for the expectation guests were set for.

They offer something with less value, for similar or more money, in the same spot, with no option for the old thing.
I'm on record as character meals beings too overpriced if they're not coming to your table.

And I'm also perfectly capable of not paying overpriced charges for a family style replacement for a high quality buffet.

I never said that the family style was worth it, I simply pointed out it was a replacement with some possible reasons why they used it as a replacement. Didn't say it was worth it.

I know how to draw a line and not just accept shoddy substitutes.

The family style is not a watered down version of the buffet... there is no buffet. It's a replacement with a different type of meal.

Not to get off topic again, but Boo Bash is a version of a different product than the Holiday Parties. See the Boo Bash thread. I'm perfect capable of knowing the difference between one thing being watered down and a completely different thing taking its place.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's complete garbage. It's basically what you get from a decent hot breakfast at a hotel. Disney is getting flat out insulting with these offers... hopefully the drone customers snap out of it and stand up to this BS.
I’ll be honest - I’m not holding my breath.

Phonedave

I have a gulf of time between my first visit in 1975 and my becoming acquainted with it as a Grandpa in 2016. So, for those folks here with way more experience, has Disney ever been that great where food is concerned? I mean if most meals weren't at Disney, how would they stack up to a steak you grill or a restaurant near your home? Even restaurants in Orlando off property?

I have been saying this for quite some time.

WDW used to have good food. Not "amazing", not "spectacular" but good food, and at "reasonable theme park captive audience prices"

That started going downhill around 2000. Since then menus have become homogenized and of lower quality while prices have skyrocketed well beyond anything reasonable even considering the "theme park markup".

We used to eat at a table service restaurant every night when at WDW. Not any more. We will do a few, but often times we grab a QS or head over to Disney Springs.

Chip318

We wanted reservations for Tusker House but no luck. What are the chances of getting on a walk in list first thing in the morning?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

tallica

I'll wait until the menu comes out, but this is useless unless they go back to their amazing pre COVID menu.
I would expect major cuts. May be similar menu but with lower quality ingredients. They already went from jumbo shrimp to tiny salad shrimp in the curry since reopening.

JohnD

I'm on record as character meals beings too overpriced if they're not coming to your table.

And I'm also perfectly capable of not paying overpriced charges for a family style replacement for a high quality buffet.

I never said that the family style was worth it, I simply pointed out it was a replacement with some possible reasons why they used it as a replacement. Didn't say it was worth it.

I know how to draw a line and not just accept shoddy substitutes.

The family style is not a watered down version of the buffet... there is no buffet. It's a replacement with a different type of meal.

Not to get off topic again, but Boo Bash is a version of a different product than the Holiday Parties. See the Boo Bash thread. I'm perfect capable of knowing the difference between one thing being watered down and a completely different thing taking its place.

I agree with your assessment if the family style replaced the buffet. Garden Grill, OTOH, has always been family style and I think its a sleeper favorite character meal. The nature of the rotating restaurant guarantees that the characters stop by your table. I really do miss the family style breakfast and would love to see it return.

James J

In the Parks
No
I agree with your assessment if the family style replaced the buffet. Garden Grill, OTOH, has always been family style and I think its a sleeper favorite character meal. The nature of the rotating restaurant guarantees that the characters stop by your table. I really do miss the family style breakfast and would love to see it return.
Garden Grill breakfast was a favourite of ours. Last time we ate there in 2019 we were the very first people to arrive, so they brought all of the characters to our table together and took loads of photos of us. A real highlight.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'm still seeing "platters."

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 3.00.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 3.00.17 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom