'Turning Red' Coming Spring 2022

erasure fan1

i’ll admit i wasn’t that impressed. it’s a teaser, so i’ll wait to see a full trailer down the road. although not bad, but i have felt the last few pixar movies have been just above average as of late.
I agree. It seemed to be a very typical pixar trailer. It didn't make me not want to see it but at the same time I'm not clamoring to see it either. I've said it before, pixar seems to be struggling to find its way to get above average since Lasseter.

BrianLo

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 18.51.49.png

Finger Skateboard and a Dexcom!

This movie is weirdly appealing to some strange nostalgic Canadian centre of my brain along with me being right in line for this age group based on when this movie takes place.

This might be what people from LA feel when they make another movie glorifying Hollywood for the millionth time.

mf1972

for the moment, this movie isn’t grabbing me. doesn’t feel like a pixar movie. their last few movies have been so so as of late

Magenta Panther

This is a remake of "The S H A G G Y Dog". Only it's animated. And with no logical explanation (from the trailer, anyway) as to why the transformation of the girl to a red panda takes place (the boy who turned into a dog stumbled upon a cursed ring). Also, whoever did the character designs appears to be a tad too obsessed with Stephen Universe (homely kids with bean-shaped mouths). Ugh.

Hard pass.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is a remake of "The S H A G G Y Dog". Only it's animated. And with no logical explanation (from the trailer, anyway) as to why the transformation of the girl to a red panda takes place (the boy who turned into a dog stumbled upon a cursed ring). Also, whoever did the character designs appears to be a tad too obsessed with Stephen Universe (homely kids with bean-shaped mouths). Ugh.

Hard pass.
Would you prefer
Turning Red,
presented by The Muppets ?

Magenta Panther

Funny how the last one didn't flop .

Funny how the Halloween special has yet to break the top 10 in Nielsen streaming ratings for Disney+. The latest graph (link below) is for the dates 10/18-10/24:

Hocus Pocus made the top 10. The Nightmare Before Christmas did too. Both very old movies BTW. Hey, even My Little Pony did! Oh, but you liked MHM? Yeah, there's the ultimate measure for success right there. ;) But maybe MHM will creep into the Top Ten during the last week of October. We'll see.

BTW, just because someone's not interested in a movie that you ARE interested in really isn't a valid reason to try to start a silly immature flame war. Just sayin'.

tcool123

I guess Pixar doesn't get theatrical releases anymore?

While I love saving money I'm sure this is terrible for morale. We've already heard reports of them upset last year over Luca being pushed to Disney+. Don't understand this when Encanto was released in theaters and even RAYA had a dual release. Not to say Raya was undeserving, but it released prior to major vaccine availability and still got a theater release.

Perhaps this is due to family films as a whole not doing that great in the box office or perhaps Omicron scare or (the likeliest) Disney ocne again isn't confident in Pixar and simply wants content for Disney+. Either way a shame for those Pixar animators.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom