News TUMI permanently closes at Disney Springs

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is Disney's great outdoor mallpark failing?

Covid to blame or other issues? IMO this sort of mirrors EPCOT's past issue with finding and retaining sponsors. This doesn't seem much different. I'm sure Springs will bounce back but things will likely get worse before they can get better. Another one bites the dust.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Covid to blame or other issues? IMO this sort of mirrors EPCOT's past issue with finding and retaining sponsors. This doesn't seem much different. I'm sure Springs will bounce back but things will likely get worse before they can get better. Another one bites the dust.
I'm sure its more COVID impact related than just typical loss of sponsors/shops

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

As noted in another thread announcing a closure, there's been relatively little turnover in DS stores. The ones that have closed are often the ones part of a chain in which the chain was closing.

And there's been relatively few closures since the pandemic. DS regularly hits its reduced capacity limits.

They probably pay a LOT of money for the store in there , and without tourist that go and buy overpriced...

Disneyworld cant survive only with the locals.

WDW has been recently hitting their reduced capacity limits quite often thanks mostly to the locals. WDW couldn't handle the return of the previous volume of national and international guests.

But it should be no surprise that a store that specializes in products for long-distance travelers is closing at this time in which locals dominate.

ryguy

Does Disney reduce rent for those stores that are struggling? I would rather have lower rent and a tenant, than no rent at all.

jaxonp

Springs doesn’t have enough high end to attract locals and too much for the average tourists. It’s quite the juxtapotion.

jaxonp

I’m a travelpro fan myself when it comes to luggage. But I bought a Tumi Wallet in NYC like 5 or 6 years ago and it’s held up great. If I ever need a new on I’d buy the same one again if available.
Tumi isn’t even remotely the same brand it was 10 years ago. Meh.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Agreed with others here who said TUMI is now overpriced garbage with a crap warranty.

I travel 300k+ miles a year on airlines with a mix of high-end (Rimowa) and practical (Travelpro).

My main concern with luggage is the warranty.

RSoxNo1

Any idea when its last day of operation was? It looks like the site that shall not be named reported on Twitter on June 3rd that it was closed, which has me thinking it's last day was June 2nd.

Maelstrom Troll

Also Tumi sucks. Rimowa FTW
Sadly since Rimowa was bought out and the new head is some 20 something, they have become more of a fashion brand. They also pulled all stock to push their flagship stores and luggage stores no longer can get parts for cases. Rimowa would prefer you send your 15 pound aluminum trunk to NYC for a wheel 🤬😡

jaxonp

Sadly since Rimowa was bought out and the new head is some 20 something, they have become more of a fashion brand. They also pulled all stock to push their flagship stores and luggage stores no longer can get parts for cases. Rimowa would prefer you send your 15 pound aluminum trunk to NYC for a wheel 🤬😡
Rimowa’s was bought by LVMH. Aka Louis Vuitton. They’re are doing amazing things lately. They are controlling their stock by selling in in their own stores. This is a good thing for a luxury brand. They have also recently implemented many new repair sites worldwide but the good news is you rarely need to repair a Rimowa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom