News TUMI permanently closes at Disney Springs

Lilofan

Must be a Samsonite fan....
When it's not broke, don't fix it. When we stayed at a hotel in SC, an older gentleman kept staring at my luggage when we both were in the elevator. He asked me how old was my Samsonite. I told him my father bought it in the early 1970s then passed it down to me. It works and I don't need show off to others with expensive luggage.

Maelstrom Troll

Rimowa’s was bought by LVMH. Aka Louis Vuitton. They’re are doing amazing things lately. They are controlling their stock by selling in in their own stores. This is a good thing for a luxury brand. They have also recently implemented many new repair sites worldwide but the good news is you rarely need to repair
Updating a logo, increasing price points, and changing product line names isnt what I consider amazing. Maybe you’re referring to the 35$ stickers or the Fendi luggage bands? Not my aesthetic, but different strokes...

As for repairs....when you lose a wheel on the first flight of a week long trip, you’ll realize how convenient it is to stop by any mall w/ a travel store for a replacement.

I’m happy I bought my bags when I did, but I wouldnt buy them again, at least not now.
Back to Disney reading I go.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Perhaps they should open an annex in the Outlet Mall...

They could call it... wait for it... Socket Tumi.
1604592984518.png

eliza61nyc

Agreed with others here who said TUMI is now overpriced garbage with a crap warranty.

I travel 300k+ miles a year on airlines with a mix of high-end (Rimowa) and practical (Travelpro).

My main concern with luggage is the warranty.
Never tried Rimowa. I have one Alfred Dunhill mens bag and a LV bag that I got as a graduation gift. Love it. I graduation back in the dark ages and it's held up remarkable. never purchased a TUMI but actually was thinking about it last year. LOL I was planning on a trip to Singapore for my birthday but that ain't happening.

I really want one of those globe-trotter trunk type pieces but I'd have to be doing some serious traveling for that. they are gorgeous thoug

Benjamin_Nicholas

Rimowa’s was bought by LVMH. Aka Louis Vuitton. They’re are doing amazing things lately. They are controlling their stock by selling in in their own stores. This is a good thing for a luxury brand. They have also recently implemented many new repair sites worldwide but the good news is you rarely need to repair a Rimowa.

Agreed. I've beaten the heck out of my Rimowa aluminum trunks and only one went wonky.

I always check them and the frame ended up getting bent from a rather rough handler. Rimowa was incredible when I got to the hotel in London, picked up the bag, left me with a loaner I could take back to the States and did their thing. I was impressed.

This was all under LVMH. The company isn't faltering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maelstrom Troll

Agreed. I've beaten the heck out of my Rimowa aluminum trunks and only one went wonky.

I always check them and the frame ended up getting bent from a rather rough handler. Rimowa was incredible when I got to the hotel in London, picked up the bag, left me with a loaner I could take back to the States and did their thing. I was impressed.

This was all under LVMH. The company isn't faltering.
For those who travel from Vancouver to London to NYC, it’s great. But again, if you’re traveling to a city that isnt so metropolitan and suffer a break, you’re out of luck.
I have always loved good luggage, going from Briggs & Tumi to Zero to RIMOWA and I think that RIMOWA makes a very high quality product with amazing organization. I just wish it would've stayed the way it was before. I know I’m not the only one either.

jaxonp

For those who travel from Vancouver to London to NYC, it’s great. But again, if you’re traveling to a city that isnt so metropolitan and suffer a break, you’re out of luck.
I have always loved good luggage, going from Briggs & Tumi to Zero to RIMOWA and I think that RIMOWA makes a very high quality product with amazing organization. I just wish it would've stayed the way it was before. I know I’m not the only one either.
People don’t like change. It was necessary for Rimowa whom became stale and were offering discounts to sell... but one cannot find a discount anymore! I’ve tried lol. I have plenty of faith in LVMH. You don’t become the largest luxury conglomerate in the world by selling inferior product. They know what they’re doing. Tumi on the other hand, not so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom