TTA Sponsorship

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I read a couple of months ago about a new sponsorship for the TTA. Does anyone know when this is actually going to go into effect? I haven't heard anything lately or seen any signs indicating the new sponsorhip on or near the ride. Hopefully they can update the ride a little since it's one of my faves! I ride this thing at least 5 times during my trips!

LudwigVonDrake

Why would you want to "update" the ride? :veryconfu It's perfect the way it is...

Any ideas for an update? What would you want them to do??

Next WDW Trip: July 8 - July 14 Beach Club :D :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :D

monorail_man

Account Suspended
LudwigVonDrake said:
Why would you want to "update" the ride? :veryconfu It's perfect the way it is...

Any ideas for an update? What would you want them to do??

Next WDW Trip: July 8 - July 14 Beach Club :D :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :D

HOW would you update it??? It's a mini-tram that runs around the park. what more can it be?

MicBat

monorail_man said:
HOW would you update it??? It's a mini-tram that runs around the park. what more can it be?
I think they could do a lot to update the scenes you see whenever you go into the tunnels. Like whenever you go in by Buzz lightyear, instead of having the women getting her hair done, have animatronic green aliens or something like that.

tirian

No, the purpose of the TTA is to give Guests a semi-realistic glimpse at the "future"; consider the original EPCOT model that's featured on the ride. Green aliens don't make the cut. (Neither does a gift shop, but let's ignore that :) .)

FYI: The TTA, itself still a futuristic concept, has actually inspired a similar real-world counterpart at the Houston airport.

GymLeaderPhil

New signs did go up recently with the TTA's logo, but most attractions in Tommorowland and around property also got new signs too.

Tom

Beta Return
The only way to improve TTA (WedWay ;) ) would be to lengthen it. It is the most relaxing ride. This past June we hopped on right before a torential downpour and rode it about 8 times in a row. That was awesome - getting the breeze, catching the mist and just relaxing for about 45 minutes.

I suppose they could do SOMETHING with the tunnels. It's kind of boring to look at black walls and then some display case with inanimate objects in it. I like the EPCOT model, but that's about it in the tunnels. Still one of my favs!

mkepcotmgmak

monorail_man said:

add more themeing, take out the statues, and make them animatronics, like you are actually taking a people-mover around a futuristic city...

although it's still one of my favs!

The TTA is one of my favorite rides! Sit down, put your feet up and ride... In early Jan I rode it just before closing and I got to ride through SM with the lights on.

Pioneer Hall

I don't think there is much that can be done to update it. Maybe show us more of Tomorrowland instead of a lot of black space that there is. I think the ride does what it nereds to do though and is a worthwhile ride the way that it is.,

THis is just my .02 worth but I think a major thing they could do to TTA to improve it would be to make it accessible to people in wheelchairs that are able to tranfer of whatever. I mean if it is suppose to be the future etc... then I dont get it. It is basically the same setup and SSE for the exception of the uphill treadmill to get to it, but im sure they could do it very easily.

Disneyana

I Love the TTA. It does need to be updated a bit, but if it wasn't it would be fine. It is always a great closer to my night at Magic Kingdom. I just hope they never do away with it.

zone15int

GymLeaderPhil said:
New signs did go up recently with the TTA's logo,

which new signs?? do you mean the "blue line" signs that you can see over stitch's great escape and the timekeeper?? if so, those also double as park audio speakers.

General Grizz

Disneyana said:
I Love the TTA. It does need to be updated a bit, but if it wasn't it would be fine. It is always a great closer to my night at Magic Kingdom. I just hope they never do away with it.
Just wanted to say -- nice avatar. :D

waltdisny

tirian said:
FYI: The TTA, itself still a futuristic concept, has actually inspired a similar real-world counterpart at the Houston airport.
Here's what a geek I am: I had to catch an airline out of Houston and I left the hotel early just so I could ride their People Mover!:eek:

bauton

Improvement?

Here's an idea. What if they take off the existing cars, replace them with some sort of rocket car, that would zoom around the track at high speeds. They could call it Rocket Rods, or something like that?

Coaster3001

bauton said:
Here's an idea. What if they take off the existing cars, replace them with some sort of rocket car, that would zoom around the track at high speeds. They could call it Rocket Rods, or something like that?
No. We will not screw up our peoplemover. Plus I like the nice slow ride.

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Coaster3001 said:
No. We will not screw up our peoplemover. Plus I like the nice slow ride.
She was kidding! That's what Disneyland did to their TTA and it was the worst idea of all time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom