TTA reopening

panther726

Original Poster
When looking at the refurb schedule, it says that the TTA is opening August 24. Space Mountain is supposed to open Nov. 21.

Does this mean that the the track work will be done by then, or will they just block the window where you overlook the track?

Sorry if this has already been discussed!

jt04

When looking at the refurb schedule, it says that the TTA is opening August 24. Space Mountain is supposed to open Nov. 21.

Does this mean that the the track work will be done by then, or will they just block the window where you overlook the track?

Sorry if this has already been discussed!

I am almost positive it will be blocked of. First for safety reasons but also to keep the project secret. There is also a chance it will be blocked off forever. Now that could be good or bad depending on what show elements they add to the tunnel. Time will tell. Nothing official has leaked.

hpyhnt 1000

Probably safe to say that any major structural work around the TTA track will be finished. However, there probably would be other work still going on as far as the track, though nothing that involves major lifting I would imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if the TTA has periodic closings (like for a day or two at a time) every now and again even after it officially reopens because of what might still be going on with SM.

As far as the window, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if its closed off, at least for the remainder of the refurb. Anything after that is up in the air. :shrug:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I am almost positive it will be blocked of. First for safety reasons but also to keep the project secret. There is also a chance it will be blocked off forever. Now that could be good or bad depending on what show elements they add to the tunnel. Time will tell. Nothing official has leaked.
If they can cover buildings on MS:USA with tarps to look like that building, they can print a tarp to go the entire length of the TTA inside SM to advertise the "relaunching" of sorts. They might even get a little creative with it, hypothetically of course, and put a black light on said banner with SM graphics.

All speculation of course. :D

Jasonflz

If they can cover buildings on MS:USA with tarps to look like that building, they can print a tarp to go the entire length of the TTA inside SM to advertise the "relaunching" of sorts. They might even get a little creative with it, hypothetically of course, and put a black light on said banner with SM graphics.

Now that would be cool!

EPCOT Explorer

And people say our members wouldn't know how to run the parks...:rolleyes::lol:

FANTASTIC idea, J.:D

hardcard

they could just black-out the windows on TTA like they did when IASM was in refurb... all the windows in Pinnochios Village Haus were blacked-out

kingslyZISSOU

I really hope they use this time to really spruce up the tta. add some quality show scenes, and special effects. Make it feel like a real transit system of tomorrow.

It could be a D ticket if they tried. And they wouldn't have to try hard.

I don't understand why they wouldn't take full advantage of a ride system with such a large capacity. So much potential.

The Conundrum

You raise a good point and after seeing the crap they pulled with Disneyland's Submarine Voyage, SSE descent and the Rocket Rods. The WDI of today has shown that they have no problem with guests experiencing long periods of darkness without any show scenes whatsoever (where there previously was show scenes).

I hope there is a better/more creative solution then simply walling off the SM portion of the TTA. I don't see how having the TTA still travel through the attraction would create more light other than maybe guests flashing cameras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom