TSMM now using StoryMaker

DisneyFans4Life

This is such a cool thing! It's amazing what they can do with technology these days. I wonder if this tech can be applied to some of the talking character M&Gs?

I think it would be really cool to walk up to Mickey and say something like "Nice to see you again Josh!"

celluloid

Nicely done overall. I wonder if they could actually use that to display an onride photo appear sketched. Malls were able to do a more simple idea of that years ago in photo booths. It would be a unique thing to add to the fact that it is a giant Etch-a-Sketch.

Mad Stitch

If they wanted to do something to add value to this attraction using Memory Maker, they should put my name on the scoring display, instead of Player 1 and Player 2.
Are they sensitive enough to determine who is sitting in the Player 1 seat and the Player 2 seat? I thought the long range RFID could only sense who is in the vehicle.

Jon81uk

Are they sensitive enough to determine who is sitting in the Player 1 seat and the Player 2 seat? I thought the long range RFID could only sense who is in the vehicle.

Yeah I don't think the long range would work for this. They would need to add tap points on each gun or similar. I think the new Test Track is something like that?

NelsonRD

Yes, but long range can not detect who is in which seat and tap points would need to be installed for short range to work.

Sure it can, with multiple sensors. It is just more difficult, its much easier to randomly read a Magic Band, and put the name on a tv that looks like a cute etch-a-sketch.

No Name

I wasn't thinking about that before. Yes, it would likely require a tap point.

I get some kind of odd enjoyment from using the magicbands, so I'd be all for a tap point on TSMM. It would open up so many possibilities too. A birthday-themed level, a "TSMM-veteran" level that shows up after x amount of rides, the ability to "save" your scores so you don't have to write them down or remember them. So many possibilities, and I'm only scratching the surface!

And if the person doesn't want all that, they simply don't put their band to the reader. Perfect! All problems solved, and the ride improved.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
I wasn't thinking about that before. Yes, it would likely require a tap point.

I get some kind of odd enjoyment from using the magicbands, so I'd be all for a tap point on TSMM. It would open up so many possibilities too. A birthday-themed level, a "TSMM-veteran" level that shows up after x amount of rides, the ability to "save" your scores so you don't have to write them down or remember them. So many possibilities, and I'm only scratching the surface!

And if the person doesn't want all that, they simply don't put their band to the reader. Perfect! All problems solved, and the ride improved.
I remember way back, one of the imagineers said they didn't want it forced, like they didn't want you to tap the band, they just wanted it to happen. Like imo, I feel the wand thing at Universal is cool, but you can tell it's forced. I think I read on here that they're planning some more elaborate things for Avatar Land?

No Name

I remember way back, one of the imagineers said they didn't want it forced, like they didn't want you to tap the band, they just wanted it to happen. Like imo, I feel the wand thing at Universal is cool, but you can tell it's forced. I think I read on here that they're planning some more elaborate things for Avatar Land?

Yeah, it would be nice if it just happened without "tapping" the band. That's the big benefit of the storymaker stuff. I like tapping the band, but it does make it feel less natural and obviously makes it less of a surprise.

That spinning circle and then the mickey outline that light up so elegantly... whoever aesthetically designed the readers did an excellent job.

As for Avatar Land, I heard on here that Joe Rohde himself said that the technology will only be used once but in a very "intimate" way. I don't know what that means or when and where he said it. Or if he was referring to the technology as a whole or just the storymaker part. However it is used, I'm excited to see.

dstrawn9889

the NFC on the bands should work close up... (my RF card access card works up to 5 inches from the pad) so if they ask you to put both hands on the gun to start with, it should be close enough for a read.

Even though StoryMaker is amazing and a great idea, the fact that almost every major attraction now has it, so now it becomes a think that isn't as special. Heck, Muppets even has it. By keeping SM only on certain attractions, it makes it even more of a special experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom