TSA bans Star Wars Land Coca-Cola Bottles from all U.S. flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbmum

Does anyone have an idea what the soda bottle weighs, full and empty? I'm considering bringing a box and postage stamps so I can ship them home from the front desk, but I need to figure out the weight first.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does anyone have an idea what the soda bottle weighs, full and empty? I'm considering bringing a box and postage stamps so I can ship them home from the front desk, but I need to figure out the weight first.
Jeez....

I bought one and I believe it was around 16 oz...so you can gauge it by that.

But again: JEEZ

And didn’t they stop shipping from the desk years ago? Merchandise gets shipped from the stores...does it not?

kbmum

Jeez....

And didn’t they stop shipping from the desk years ago? Merchandise gets shipped from the stores...does it not?

According to Disney's website, prepaid, pre-labeled packages can be taken to the front desk or concierge desk to be mailed.

Thanks for letting me know about the weight. As for mailing them home, my son loves Star Wars and wants the bottles, but I will definitely mail them empty.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
According to Disney's website, prepaid, pre-labeled packages can be taken to the front desk or concierge desk to be mailed.

Thanks for letting me know about the weight. As for mailing them home, my son loves Star Wars and wants the bottles, but I will definitely mail them empty.
Fair enough...I admire your dedication 😉

StarWarsGirl

Um...they use scanners...and not everyone follows what Disney is doing on the internet.

Something filled with a liquid that has a unusual hard cap on top could make that job difficult.

I think you might be a tad offline on this particular subject?
I could see it in carry on luggage since if it's full it violates the liquid rules, but TSA officers working near the theme parks really should know what they're looking at in the luggage.

The TSA makes things more difficult than they need to be while not being as effective with actual threats.

durangojim

I stopped at the post office today and purchased a flat rate priority mail box and the postage to go with it. the medium box should fit 3 or 4 of these perfectly and as I understand it I can then just drop it at the front desk to be mailed.

JIMINYCR

What a joke this is getting to be. Reminds me of several years ago when I got pulled out by a TSA agent at MCO on my return home flight because I had my pin trading bag with me. They had to call in a supervisor to determine if my Disney pins were a hazard because it was pins. I said, The bag itself is more of a weapon if I swung it and hit you with it than the puncture you would get from the minuscule pin backs of the trading pins. The supervisor looked at them and waved me through. MCO of all places questioning Disney pins.

TiggerDad

Jeez....

13.5 fluid ounces, so you're paying a lot more for this than for a 16.9 oz normal size.

Mine are empty, and it weighs noticeably more than a regular empty soda bottle.

Disstevefan1

Playing with the two on my desk (sitting on Oga coasters :angelic:), there is a regular cap underneath, but I can't figure out how to get the grey part to separate from the regular cap.

Tighten the cap to the bottle, grasp the bottle with one hand and Pull the gray part only. Looks to be just a friction fit, the gray piece will pop off leaving the standard cap on the bottle.

carolina_yankee

We brought our two empty bottles home on Monday without any problems, MCO=>EWR. The suitcase was searched, but the bottles left alone. They were empty. We could have even put them in carry-on. A quick visual inspection would ensure they are nothing but empty plastic soda bottles. Maybe just take the caps off and put them elsewhere, so the two aren't linked!

Have there been any actual reports of TSA removing them? Or did somebody ask TSA "just because."

Dirk

FRD714

Will be at DL in 3 weeks and planned on taking at least 1 or 2 empty bottles home. Would like to know if people are getting away with unscrewing the cap?

thomas998

We brought two back from WDW when we went on August 19 for the AP viewing. We were told that they may not let us take them but they were still in our checked luggage when we got home. Maybe just lucky.
More evidence that the TSA screening of checked bags is a joke. The truth is they don't screen every bag, they only screen some and mostly when they have been told that their is a threat. Once in a while you'll find the TSA checked bag screening process is going insanely slow, those are the rare instances when some threat has been issued for the airport and they actual look at all the bags... But most of the time they don't. I've taken guns in my checked luggage and never even seen a hint of anyone actually opening the bags because I put a small piece of masking tape on the gun case so I'll know if its torn that they checked it... They never have.

thomas998

meanwhile the stormtroopers walking around the land are allowed to hold toy guns and even aim them at guest when they stop them.
Disney has never made much sense when it comes to allowed and not allowed violence. I remember my kids played an online pirate game that Disney used to have... you couldn't point your musket at a player or human in the game without getting an admonishment of don't point guns at players popping up, of course you could throw grenades and blow them up or use a sword and hack them to death, but no guns... Just more of the insanity and lack of consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom