TSA bans Star Wars Land Coca-Cola Bottles from all U.S. flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBLovedDisney

ebd2955d01aba98a46dd83b8be8b8de9.gif

Goofyernmost

Will they be allowed in luggage or just be taken away if they are found in carry on?
If they are carrying carbonated beverages in your checked, jostled, thrown and beat up luggage might very easily result in one awful cleaning up process when you get home.

Disstevefan1

Just so anyone is aware..The design of the bottle was used several years ago for the holidays..
cokestarwarsornament.png

But, I guess the TSA don't take it too lightly...The old slogan surely fits this..
1990-Can-t-Beat-the-Real-Thing.jpg

Hey good idea, I think the gray part just pops off to show a regular soft drink cap! Problem solved. 😊

jumpinjamie

So what if the cap was replaced with a normal cap? The detonator cap not on the bottle just looks like a plastic screw.

BoarderPhreak

When they're full of liquid, they will indeed light up the security scanners and appear as a solid object (grenade).

The solution is a) don't try to gouge these on eBay and b) drink them first before taking them home (and remove the cap).

TiggerDad

Hey good idea, I think the gray part just pops off to show a regular soft drink cap! Problem solved. 😊
Playing with the two on my desk (sitting on Oga coasters :angelic:), there is a regular cap underneath, but I can't figure out how to get the grey part to separate from the regular cap.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they can't tell the difference between something sold in parks and something that's an actual threat, well, not quite sure what to tell them about that...
Um...they use scanners...and not everyone follows what Disney is doing on the internet.

Something filled with a liquid that has a unusual hard cap on top could make that job difficult.

I think you might be a tad offline on this particular subject?

Movielover

Playing with the two on my desk (sitting on Oga coasters :angelic:), there is a regular cap underneath, but I can't figure out how to get the grey part to separate from the regular cap.

You might have to be a little forceful with them. Try this, when you get in the line to go through TSA take one of them out and football spike it on the floor. The force should dislodge the cap. If need be let out a little yell or two. Now some people might have a bit of a "overreaction" to this but you should be fine...

Also it seems TSA frowns upon people crying out Hi to their friend Jack when they see them on the airplane. I swear it's harder and harder to be nice these days...

;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pretty sure there's a difference between people in character walking around a theme park and going through security at an airport.
What?!?

You mean something exists outside of a theme park?!?

...this is terrible news...now I’m gonna have to update my pre-trip report ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom