Trying to sort out a sticky situation...

robynchic

I'm planning to go to WDW to work for a few days over spring break. Unfortunately, I can't go with someone older than 25, so renting a car would be pretty pricey for me.

Why can't I just use Magical Express and Disney Transport? Well, I need to get backstage to get my ID. Unless I can magically teleport there, I can't get there without a vehicle.

So I'm kind of stuck. Does anyone have any ideas?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
If you keep in touch with some folks currently working where you will be, why not try to set up some travel help with them? If it's only for a week or so of spring break, I'm sure others will help.

Where will you be staying?, possibly some there can coordinate hours with you.

It won't give you the freedom of having your own wheels, but it's only temporary, right?

Upvote 0

robynchic

Original Poster
Right. I only need someone to get me to and from the building that I get my ID. Oh wait...and to work...unless I could get a shift in Epcot or the Studios...

*sighs*

Upvote 0

robynchic

Original Poster
I know the age requirements. My potential issue is the cost. If I'm only working one or two days, then it cancels out for my vacation. It kind of stinks.

Upvote 0

monorailguy01

If you are in the college program.. Disney has buses for CM's in the program.. and There are also buses for CM's Im not sure where they pick you up. but I know they have buses

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

If you are in the college program.. Disney has buses for CM's in the program.. and There are also buses for CM's Im not sure where they pick you up. but I know they have buses
our busses are shuttles from the parking lot to the work locations...
you might be thinking of the lynx bus...which i had suggested already. its a public city bus, so open to everyone.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

In the OP's case, the problem with DME is in order to use it you have to be named on a reservation at a WDW owned-and-operated resort, AND you have to have a DME reservation as well. You can't just walk up to the bus and ask to get on.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Silly question...

To get your ID, I assume you need to get to access control over by DU.

Can't you just theorhetically go in the front of MK (you could even take the monorail!), down and out the back side, take the CM shuttle to civilization, and then walk across the parking lot to DU?

I did just realize the problem in my brilliant plan is that you'd be wandering around the utilidors without an ID.

Upvote 0

robynchic

Original Poster
I'm not staying in CP housing, so no CP transportation for me :(

I'm hoping that my cousin can spend a day with me. She's recently come across some major medical issues, and I thought that spending a day in Disney World might be relaxing for her (the medical issues shouldn't be too restrictive with going to WDW). I've IM'd her, offering her to stay where ever I am for a night (I'm hoping Beach Club villas), I'd give her tickets and pay for dinner. She lives in Melbourne, so I'm thinking that if she takes me up on the offer, maybe I can get a ride to DU.

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

Post #7 suggested the LYNX bus
post #8 said it was a great idea...

it is not CP transportation. its public transportation and will probably cost you a dollar
*shrug*

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom