Trying to find a disney dslr strap.

pumpkin7

Original Poster
hey! i've been looking to get one of those disney straps that you can only buy exclusively in the park. unfortunately i won't be visiting the world again until next year, but my friend is visiting next month. i was wondering if anyone could give me some info.
i think the current DSLR camera strap (ie the big thick ones.. WDWfigment has a ton of these things. there are 2 different ones in his trip report within the first 2 posts! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=481577&highlight=camera+straps) is the red one with mickey's body parts on it. if not, what does the current one look like?
also, where can i direct her to find one of these straps? i'm guessing they'll be sold in quite a few locations, but i'm guessing hollywood studios would be a good place to start?
and finally, how much are they? i'm guessing $20... but i could be wrong.

any help is greatly appreciated.

pumpkin7

Original Poster
You could always try eBaY as well :wave:

yes, i know, but i would also like a new one from the parks, but obviously i need to give her some kind of direction so she's not running around wasting her park time. :) do you know where to buy them?

i just checked ebay. they don't have any from the uk (well, there's one but they want £37 for it. all the rest are in the usa, so i'm a bit dubeous about ordering from there.

is this the current one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Mi...535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a126fd1d7

CP_alum08

You're referring to these :ROFLOL:

Disney Camera Straps pt 2 by PreludeVTEC01, on Flickr

yes, the current one in the parks is the 'pieces' strap. I think it's $25 at the parks but you can also find that one on ebay almost all the time. I warn you; the collecting of Disney camera straps is not for the weak of heart! There are tons of them and they all fetch a pretty high (outrageous) price on ebay and the like.

CP_alum08

yes, i know, but i would also like a new one from the parks, but obviously i need to give her some kind of direction so she's not running around wasting her park time. :) do you know where to buy them?

i just checked ebay. they don't have any from the uk (well, there's one but they want £37 for it. all the rest are in the usa, so i'm a bit dubeous about ordering from there.

is this the current one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Mi...535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a126fd1d7

I know for sure the big stores have them; Mouse Gears, Emporium, and World of Disney. I'm sure there are other places too.

pumpkin7

Original Poster
yes i've seen the insane prices. there is one on ebay for $100! lol.

nah, i only have a crappy strap that came with the camera. if i could just get hold of one, that would be sweet.. :D

(and then keep an eye out on ebay.. muahhaa)

ddbowdoin

I have the red mickey hands strap... ugh, crap quality! I will only use this strap when I go back to the world, but this wont touch my D7000 for the rest of the year.

mickeysshoes

At Hollywood Studios the very first store on the right has all the camera stuff in it. Its the store you go to to look at and purchase your picture the CM take in the street!! Thats where i will be getting mine!!!

ddbowdoin

At Hollywood Studios the very first store on the right has all the camera stuff in it. Its the store you go to to look at and purchase your picture the CM take in the street!! Thats where i will be getting mine!!!

I got mine at the epcot photo center... right next to spaceship earth

There are a few places at the world you can get em. Magic Kingdom if you go to the Photo Store on Main Street right by the Main Street Hall, Epcot at Mouse Gears, the big Photo Place at Hollywood Studios. I also saw them at Grand Floridian one of the gift shops downstairs that also sell Candy and newspapers. I hope that helps, they usually cost around $25.00. Recently I saw the Mickey Hands one and no other one really.:sohappy::wave:

ddbowdoin

Most of them are, which sucks!

again, its something I get so angry about at WDW. They try to keep a price point, rather than producing and offering more expensive higher end options because Id rather spend 50 bucks on quality then waste 25 just to have something!

:shrug::brick::brick::brick::brick:

WDWFigment

I'll be quite honest--I wish I never posted photos of my camera strap collection on here a while ago. At least not until I finished assembling my own collection. Back then, I had no problem picking them up for $5-15 each on eBay. After posting photos of them in my trip reports, I started getting a lot of emails about my straps. Now, the demand has gone up thanks to me posting the photos. Plus, the guy who has the huge collection (there's a photo posted from his Flickr above) tries to sell them for exorbitant prices on eBay.

I realize I have no "right" to get things for any particular price points, so I guess I'm just mad at myself. I didn't realize that thread and photos in my trip reports would actually have an impact on demand. Now, I don't disclose in public the unique things I collect. Oh well, I guess.

pumpkin7

Original Poster
i'm only interested in buying a new one. the ones on ebay are stupidly overpriced.

thanks for everyone telling me where to find them! most appreciated :)

CP_alum08

I'll be quite honest--I wish I never posted photos of my camera strap collection on here a while ago. At least not until I finished assembling my own collection. Back then, I had no problem picking them up for $5-15 each on eBay. After posting photos of them in my trip reports, I started getting a lot of emails about my straps. Now, the demand has gone up thanks to me posting the photos. Plus, the guy who has the huge collection (there's a photo posted from his Flickr above) tries to sell them for exorbitant prices on eBay.

I realize I have no "right" to get things for any particular price points, so I guess I'm just mad at myself. I didn't realize that thread and photos in my trip reports would actually have an impact on demand. Now, I don't disclose in public the unique things I collect. Oh well, I guess.

The literal high price of fame! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom