trying to cancel 1 reservation, make another, neither app or web site working

Weather_Lady

I'm guessing maybe you're having issues because AS Music is currently closed with no reopening date announced yet?

I'm a little confused as to how you got a reservation to a closed resort in the first place. If it's an old reservation, are you sure Disney didn't automatically already cancel it? You probably can't do so now because there's nothing left to cancel.

Last edited:

buckeyegator

Original Poster
the resort is not closed, got the reservation a month ago, was opened up in march. do not want to haggle with a phone rep over cancelation charges if i cannot do it on the app or web site.

Weather_Lady

the resort is not closed, got the reservation a month ago, was opened up in march. do not want to haggle with a phone rep over cancelation charges if i cannot do it on the app or web site.
Respectfully, AS Music _is_ closed and has not been accepting new reservations.

Are you perhaps thinking of AS Movies? That resort did open last month.

Last edited:

buckeyegator

Original Poster
the main idea of the mde app and the web site is for convenience, it is not like disney is some fly by night outfit, these should work, and like many others, i do not want to spend maybe hours on the phone for what i could do in 15 seconds on the app/website.

Daily Magic

I had the same experience with a change recently. The app and chat support couldn’t help me, phone was the only way to do it. Bonus was that the phone support was able to offer me a discount that the app wouldn’t have let me do so I ended up saving money despite the inconvenience of having to wait to talk to someone. My suggestion try to call first thing in the morning, wait times should be shorter.

nickys

Premium Member
Did you book direct or through a travel agent? If you booked through a TA only they can cancel or modify. I would also try through the app and website.

Otherwise your only option is to call. I understand your frustration but if it won’t let you, you really don’t have a choice.

jaklgreen

Are you trying on the app? I would go directly to the website on a computer to do that. I find that trying to do anything on a phone is beyond frustrating. I have a PC and do all of my internet stuff in it. It is so much easier and a smoother process then on a phone.

pixie225

We could not change our resort reservation online for some reason. We had to call up and do it. If you call when they first open (7 a.m. eastern time) you won't have much of a wait, if any at all. As the day goes on, wait times seem to extend.

paul436

I have found the Disney website to be clunky for years. It has never seemed to work as well as I would have expected for such a large company. The wait times for calls are tedious but have found them to be very helpful and able to correct any issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom