Truly *Magical* Moments

Wckd Queen

Tigger~Fan, what a wonderful thing you did for that girl! You made me cry!

Just walking thru the gates at MK is a magical moment in and of itself for me (and heading up Main Street to get a stickybun at the bakery...ahh...pure magic to be sure!) but I have had a couple of moments that couldnt have happened anywhere else!

Thanksgiving 2000 I went with my 15 year old twin nieces who had moved to Ocala with their parents the year before. Those girls had been with me from birth, so you could imagine how much we missed each other. Day before Thanksgiving we went to Epcot and were surprised and delighted to see that there were already Christmas decorations in place! At the entrance, there were topiary christmas ornaments and a great big tree of pointsettias! Everyone stopped and posed for photos in front of the pointsettias.

When I got home and got my film developed, I decided to frame the photo of the girls and I in front of that beautiful tree! I had recently purchased a few new funky frames and had a pewter one with a star speckled with crystals on top. Not only did the photo fit in the frame perfectly, but it fit so that the sparkly star sat right atop that pointsettia Christmas tree! Disney magic even after the trip was over!! :)

celestia

I have several..here are only a few!

one time i went to Epcot and visited the morocco pavillion, i always loved to watch the bellydancers and get henna done, etc.
Well one of the CM's noticed my passion for bellydancing and started grabbing clothes that were for sale in the store and threw them over me and tied a big sequined scarf around me! there was another CM playing drums just for fun at the cash register and they made me and this other little girl dance in the store, it was so much fun! (they even filled out a magical moment certificate for me as an 'honorary belly dancer' lol, it's on my wall!) :)

another was getting to get my photograph taken with Elfin from Tapestry of Dreams. I adore her. I want to be her. lol :) I saw that parade almost every night, for the full 5 months i worked there (unless it was canceled by the rain or wind) I always did something funny like get my face painted or wear one of the italy masks and finally elfin came up to me and gave me a hug (out of the blue! i wasn't even standing by the side of the road!) it was great :)

My favorite day and magical moment(s) though was when i was told that peter pan did not do character greetings (after much asking of fellow castmembers and friends) I don't know why, but i had a hunch to walk through the little garden infront of cinderellas castle, and there he was! He gave me a big hug and told me to keep my heart in neverland :) i was so happy :) (i hear now he is out quite often) On my program, i was very disapointed because every time i went to the magic kingdom, i NEVER saw the horses pulling the carriage down mainstreet. My last day in Florida I had no work, so i went to the magic kingdom when it had just opened in the morning, and there it was! I took a glorious ride down mainstreet with the other guests, to see mickey greeting everyone at the castle, it was great :)

:sohappy:

Nansafan

I already posted a magical moment but after reading all the new posts since mine, I felt compelled to post again. This past summer we drove down for 8 glorious days. There were 2 cars of us. On Typhoon Lagoon day of the trip, we had decided to drive to the park instead of taking Disney transportation from the Poly where we were staying. As anyone who has ever had a car at a WDW resort, the parking pass has the name of the resort you are staying at on it as well as the dates you are staying there. Anyway, we drove to Typhoon in my friends van, all 10 of us piled in. When we returned to the Poly to shower and change, we stopped at the guard station. The guard at the gate of the Poly saw our sign and said "Welcome Home!" as we drove through. Even my 12 yr old nephew said, "Man that was cool!"

jenjie

I am loving all of these magic moments stories. Keep 'em coming!

I don't know if this counts since it wasn't at Disney but it still involves Disney. We took our kids to the Disney Princesses on Ice. A fabulous show BTW, see it if you can. My kids enjoyed every moment of it, the whole thing was magical to me. My 4 y.o. son telling various characters to "come here" and yelling "good job" to different ones was so precious to me. But my very favorite moment of all was when Cinderella came out in her coach. She is my 2 y.o. dd's absolute favorite. The look on her face was priceless. Her jaw dropped as she watched in awe. Then she turned and gave me a big kiss and a smile and snuggled up against me as if to say all was perfect in her world.

~Jen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom