True Love Conquers All - Disney Fairytale Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 2011

I wake up every morning wondering if it was a dream. It was my dream come true – I got married at the Wedding Pavilion in Walt Disney World. I married my best friend who shares my love for Walt Disney and his legacy. I am just the luckiest girl in the world!

How It All Began

My name is Shelley and like many little girls, I always dreamed of being a princess. Here’s a picture of 15 year old me donning the Bride ears back in 1996. I love this picture for so many reasons but I mainly miss the 2 floor Centorium. I like Mouse Gear but I miss my Centorium :(

ShelleyAt15.jpg

When I was in my mid 20’s I became jaded towards love. One night in September 2006, I went out with some of my girlfriends for a girls’ night out. I remember telling them that I just wanted to meet a nice guy who liked Disney. Yep, those were my criteria: nice guy, likes Disney. We proceeded to our favorite bar and it was still a bit early so the bar wasn’t very full. While I was ordering drinks, a guy came up and started talking to us. The funny thing was, he was all by himself! It’s not every day that a guy has the guts to walk up to a group of girls and just start talking. At first I ignored him thinking he was just another jerk. But then he spotted my Kingdom Hearts cigarette case and matching lighter. (Kingdom Hearts is a video game series, sorry – it is the best video game series to grace God’s green earth. If you love Disney and video games, you must play this series.) I remember the face he made at me, like he couldn’t believe we were meeting. He also loved the Kingdom Hearts series and his name was Jason. I remember so much of that night because it changed my life forever. We talked about everything Disney and he told me that his favorite Disney movie was The Sword in the Stone. I found that very interesting because that is not a well-known animated classic. I told him I had a cat and that I had named her after a character in Aristocats. After a few guesses, he said “Oh I know, so you named her Duchess?” (RIP Duchess, we lost her this past June :cry: ). I couldn’t believe I had met my nice guy who liked Disney. I don’t think we ever really dated; we were always in a serious relationship from that point forward.

In 2009 we went on our very first Disney World trip together with my Mom (see the trip report here). At this time, my career was not going well and neither of us had been to Disney World since 2003. This trip changed our lives forever and both of us have made major career strides since then. I have also lost a ton of weight since then :D Let’s take a stroll down memory lane…

PhotoPass_MickeyMinnie.jpg

dcp_0743.jpg

We went back a little over a year later in September 2010 (see the trip report here). On my 29-and-12-month birthday, Jason proposed to me while we were flying over London on Peter Pan’s Flight during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, September 21, 2010. I loved his proposal, it was absolutely perfect!

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

diddy_mouse

Oh yay! You've started your report! I've been in the wedding mode the past few days because our anniversary was on Saturday so I cannot WAIT to read about your big day.

Congratulations once again! :D

tiaragirl

I'm DYING - you looked gorgeous and that was a magical video.

I can't wait to read the TR and see the wedding pictures - eep eep eep!

The biggest congrats <3

PolynesianPrincess

So I just watched the video (youtube is blocked at work!) and you look so beautiful!! My eyes definitely watered when you walked down the aisle... Such a perfect ceremony.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
This is so exciting...antother wedding and Disneymoon! I'm going to watch the video now.
Thanks for making my Sunday morning FUN!

OKay...had to double post.....just watched the video. You look FANTASTIC!

Loved "When you wish upon a star" during your candle lighting.

Your veil is beautiful & unique-----Being married for 20 years I am not so "up" on wedding couture!

Your love for each other is so evident! )

Yay! I had to smile when I saw your 2 posts! I've been there...having hot tea on a Sunday morning scouring the internet for wedding videos from the Wedding Pavilion :) That's a fun Sunday morning!!

Thank you for the compliment on my veil, it was actually a hand me down from my sister who got married in 2009. So was the tiara. I'm keeping them through Halloween because I have a feeling I'm going to wear that dress one last time :sohappy:

Yay!! You started your report!!! :sohappy: Can't wait to read all about it even though I got to hear it all in person!!! :D Just can't get enough of it! So glad me and my mom got to meet you guys! You and Jason have truely become lifelong friends of mine, I feel like I've known you all my life and get along with you both so well! We'll have to have a Kingdom Hearts party sometime :) I have the game for the DS and I'm stuck on one part...

Congrats again!!! :sohappy:

Hey Jess!! We had such a great time with you and your Mom!! You're like a sister to me :)

Kingdom Hearts for the DS is ok but you need to play the ones on the PS2. There are Disney scenes that literally make me cry. Only video game ever to make me cry :cry:

Oh I am so happy you have started your wedding report! Many, many congratulations! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! And thanks for reading, I am really looking forward to actually starting this thing :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Congratulations to you both..I am so happy that you had your fairytale wedding. You looked absolutely amazing in your wedding dress and I loved your headpiece. I can't wait to have my wedding there, well hoping. I enjoyed watching your wedding video and looking forward to seeing the professional pictures. Thanks for posting it.

Congrats to the newlyweds..may you a lifetime of memories and happiness :sohappy:

Thank you so much, you are too sweet! Thank you for the compliment on the headpiece, that was another hand me down from my sister. She saved me a heck of a lot of money!

I'm happy to post all about the wedding because it really was perfect. Even the small imperfections made it perfect!

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to read all about it. I love weddings and how lucky are you, marrying your prince at Disney!!! :)

Thank you for reading :) I am the luckiest girl in the world!

Your video was so so sweet and how romantic to get married at Disney!?!?!?! You looked beautiful! I cannot wait to read your report!

Aww thank you so much! This really was not only my dream wedding but Jason's too. I think that's pretty evident in the video! And the honeymoon was very romantic...

Oh yay! You've started your report! I've been in the wedding mode the past few days because our anniversary was on Saturday so I cannot WAIT to read about your big day.

Congratulations once again! :D

Thank you and Happy Anniversary! The time does fly, doesn't it? Can't believe I've already been married for 2 weeks!

Congratulations!! I can't wait to read the rest of your trip report. Also, congratulations on the weight loss!!! You look great!!!:sohappy:

Thank you so much for the compliment. I needed a boost today, I have been eating way too much since we got home. I've got I-Don't-Have-To-Fit-In-A-Wedding-Dress-itis! :)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm DYING - you looked gorgeous and that was a magical video.

I can't wait to read the TR and see the wedding pictures - eep eep eep!

The biggest congrats <3

Thank you so much! I've watched the video every day since we got back, I'm not gonna lie :) I just got pictures from family members and I should have the photo cd from Disney Photography soon :sohappy:

So I just watched the video (youtube is blocked at work!) and you look so beautiful!! My eyes definitely watered when you walked down the aisle... Such a perfect ceremony.

Thank you (and it's probably a good thing you couldn't watch it at work because of the crying)! Every picture of me walking down the aisle just has me basically sobbing LOL. It was way too much to handle...chills

PartOfYourWorld

Hey Jess!! We had such a great time with you and your Mom!! You're like a sister to me :)

Kingdom Hearts for the DS is ok but you need to play the ones on the PS2. There are Disney scenes that literally make me cry. Only video game ever to make me cry :cry:

You seriously just made me tear up...I'm an only child and now I have a big sister! :) That means alot to me.

I'll have to dig that one out. My boyfriend gave me his PS2 to use as a DVD player for the TV he got me and I haven't had much chance to play it, I can never find time! I'm pretty sure he has Kingdom Hearts, I'll have to go look in the box of games he gave me.

lbrad

Congratulations to you and Jason!!!!

So happy for you both.
You looked gorgeous!!! How awesome you got to marry your prince :sohappy:

Can't wait to see/read more :wave:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
You seriously just made me tear up...I'm an only child and now I have a big sister! :) That means alot to me.

I'll have to dig that one out. My boyfriend gave me his PS2 to use as a DVD player for the TV he got me and I haven't had much chance to play it, I can never find time! I'm pretty sure he has Kingdom Hearts, I'll have to go look in the box of games he gave me.

Aww I'm glad I can be your big sister! I'm the youngest of 3 so now I have you and my sister in law as little sisters :) Ah, it was a good week!

Definitely dig out that box o' games! I actually listen to the soundrack to Kingdom Hearts a lot, the songs are written by Utada Hikaru, a japanese pop star. I proceeded to get all of her albums and learn the words to her songs (even though I have no idea what I'm saying). That's how deep my Disney obsession goes :lookaroun

Congratulations to you and Jason!!!!

So happy for you both.
You looked gorgeous!!! How awesome you got to marry your prince :sohappy:

Can't wait to see/read more :wave:

Thank you so much! I was going to go ahead and sell the dress but with Halloween right around the corner, I might have to keep it for one last hurrah!! Now I know why most brides preserve theirs :hammer:

PartOfYourWorld

Aww I'm glad I can be your big sister! I'm the youngest of 3 so now I have you and my sister in law as little sisters :) Ah, it was a good week!

Definitely dig out that box o' games! I actually listen to the soundrack to Kingdom Hearts a lot, the songs are written by Utada Hikaru, a japanese pop star. I proceeded to get all of her albums and learn the words to her songs (even though I have no idea what I'm saying). That's how deep my Disney obsession goes :lookaroun

:sohappy: It was such a good week!

And I will! Wow I'll have to check her out too!

And guess what! I started my trip report!!! :) And I am patiently waiting for yours to continue too..hope those wedding pictures come sooon!!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
:sohappy: It was such a good week!

And I will! Wow I'll have to check her out too!

And guess what! I started my trip report!!! :) And I am patiently waiting for yours to continue too..hope those wedding pictures come sooon!!!

YAY! I will pop in and read your TR so I can subscribe! I can't wait to read all about your trip.

Beautiful smilies faces. you are looking very happy togather

Thank you so much and welcome to WDW Magic! I'm always pleased to see new members posting in my threads :sohappy: I've made so many good friends here and I hope you do too!

Day 1 coming up next, my friends!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Day 1!

I got up at my usual time, 2AM, to get ready and packed for our 7AM flight from BWI to MCO. I was starting to feel pretty nervous now that we were leaving for our trip! I couldn’t believe it was finally here, after all the planning and drama it was finally here!! We couldn’t stop smiling; we were so excited to be able to go to Disney World with our families and have our Fairytale Wedding. My sister and her family were on our flight so it was great to meet them at the airport. But first, we had to have our usual McDonald’s breakfast!

8adfeb2a.jpg

We all met at the gate and my nieces were so excited! They both ran up and hugged me, it was so cute. I got all teary!!

Then we were off!

01.jpg

When we landed at MCO, we made a beeline for Disney’s Magical Express. At that point, Jason and I pulled out our DIY Bride & Groom ears from our carry on! We were going to take a picture but we were quickly ushered to our Magical Express! The CM at the door shouted out congratulations to us and I nearly started crying right there. It was finally happening! The trip I have dreamed of all my life was finally in full swing and I was SO excited :D

I want to preface these pictures by explaining that I was very afraid of tan lines because my wedding dress was strapless so I wore strapless tops all week.

33ede993.jpg

For the first 4 days of our trip, we were staying at the Grand Floridian! Yay for PIN code deals! We stayed at Saratoga Springs for the last 5 days.

When we checked in at the Grand Floridian, at first there was a bit of trouble finding our reservation by searching either of our last names. Good thing I always have all of our trip information entered into the TripIt app on my iPhone! I busted out the confirmation number and the CM found our reservation. Then a super special concierge team came over and made us the Grand Floridian Family of the Day!

42f7e77e.jpg

They actually moved people out of the way in the lobby so they could take pictures of us. I’m not exactly sure what was ever done with those pictures but I am going to see if I can get some copies!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Day 1 Continued...

Our room wasn’t ready yet so we went straight to the Magic Kingdom! Yay Halloween decorations! I love this time of year in the parks. The weather is perfect, crowds are down, and the decorations are too cute!

29be75dd.jpg

We met up with my sister and her family for a few rides. Everyone was so happy to finally be in the Magic Kingdom!

001-4.jpg

02.jpg

First we rode Space Ranger Spin and I got my usual pathetic score. The highest score in the family went to my 8 year old niece Emma! She got over 200,000!

003-3.jpg

Then we met up with our pal Buzz! This is the first picture I’ve ever gotten with him!

005-3.jpg

We went to Carousel of Progress and I was so happy when my sister said this was one of her favorites. I told her a little about the history of the ride and how the song was changed. I always laugh at the end when in the “future” scene they talk about Laser Disc which we all know did not last long in the 90’s before DVDs came along! I still don’t want them to update it because it’s a WDW staple.

Jason and I broke away for some alone time and went to eat at our favorite Columbia Harbor House!

We always sit upstairs and I like to take random pictures of the details in an effort to up my knowledge of the “Where in Disney parks can you find…” articles posted on the Disney Parks Blog each week!

6a4782ec.jpg

I had the super yummy tuna sandwich

006-3.jpg

Jason had the fried shrimp, yum!

007-3.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Day 1 Continued Even More...

It was nearing 3PM so we went back to the Grand Floridian to see if our room was ready. We were very surprised when our room wasn’t ready until nearly 4PM! It was totally worth the wait and the Best Men were running late so it didn’t matter much.

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

I love the carpet there…

010-2.jpg

I’m pretty sure they put us in this room on purpose! This was our view!!

011-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

021.jpg

The view from the other side of the room!

022.jpg

Then we saw a Bride and Groom emerge from the Wedding Pavilion and watched them take pictures on the bridge! This would be us in a few days!

025.jpg

026.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Day 1 Finale!

We had scheduled a tuxedo fitting in our room at 4PM so we quickly scurried to get all of our bags, boxes, and tuxes to our room. Jason called the concierge and they had everything to our room within 1 hr. I had shipped boxes a week before containing our favors, cake bags, silk flowers, my slip, etc. It astounds me how quickly bell services get things done. This was also true at Saratoga Springs, more on that story day 1 of the honeymoon!

The Best Men started to arrive and our room began to fill up quickly. My parents texted me that they were checking in so I went down to the lobby to meet them in my bride hat. It was so magical, we hugged and cried! My parents live in VA so we don’t get to see each other that often. Seeing them in the lobby of the Grand Floridian is definitely a moment I will never forget! I brought them up to our room and my Mom cried over the view. We all sat and talked for a while. Unfortunately, Jason and I decided to cancel our reservation at Teppan Edo that night. We figured spending time with our family was more important.

My parents left and I decided to take a long hot bath while the guys were trying on their tuxes. I think this picture explains why!

027.jpg

028.jpg

After my awesomesauce bath, we hung out with Jason’s family for a bit in our room. Someone called and said the hotel had a gift for us! They brought us a bottle of Korbel, 2 champagne glasses, and a long stem red rose!

034.jpg

After everyone left, Jason and I decided to go down to Gasparilla grill for dinner. I think we were both so nervous about the wedding neither of us had a big appetite but we really needed to eat something. We ended up splitting chicken nuggets and fries. While we were eating, Wishes started! I didn’t even know it was that late, what a long day. Too bad they don’t pipe the music into the patio area outside of the Gasparilla Grill. But Jason and I know the show so well that we sang and hummed along and said Jimmny’s lines LOL! It was one of those moments where you just know you are with the right person. I was so excited to marry him in a few days! What a magical ending to the day…or so we thought…

When we got back to our room, we got another call from someone at the hotel saying they had another gift for us! They brought us a super fancypants glass bottle of Evian (naïve spelled backwards!) water and a white chocolate picture frame with a picture of the Grand Floridian! I tried very hard but this did not make it home all in one piece.

035.jpg

033.jpg

After that happened, I noticed the message light was on. I picked up the phone and it was a message from Mickey and Minnie congratulating us on our “Happily Ever After”! I cried then and I’m crying now while I’m writing this! I really wish I had recorded this message on my phone!

We went to sleep utterly exhausted but neither of us slept very well for the first few nights. We were so nervous for all of the events we had planned that it was very difficult to relax. That’s what the honeymoon was for!
That wraps up the first day! It just gets more magical from here…yes I said MORE magical!!

Ravenclaw87

Ohhhhh Shelley this sounds like SUCH a wonderful day.:) Seriously, SO magical! I LOVE the view from your room! So pretty! :D And that tub! I can't WAIT to stay there!!!

AND I can't wait to read more. :D

diddy_mouse

SQUEEEEEE...the anticipation is killing me! :lol:

Just the pictures of the Grand Floridian are enough to get pumped about the wedding. I love that you got the message from Mickey and Minnie, so adorable. I got the "happy anniversary" message while we were at Epcot and it was so nice and turned my whole day around that day.

I can feel your excitement through the internetz! Soooo looking forward to reading moar!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom