Troubling Party Season Update

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I’m sure many will say, “saw this coming,” but I’m told Chapek has paid some attention to after hours parties and decided that, going forward, he wants to give guests what they’ve been asking for. We’ve been complaining that parties are too crowded for years. Apparently, After Hours events will be the plan going forward, although they can keep some entertainment (e.g. parade and fireworks, but not stage show; or some other mix—closer to this year’s Christmas event than Boo Bash).

Crowd levels will be very limited and cost will be in the $150-200 range moving forward.

Disneyland gets to do this, too. Disneylanders will love that...

Grain of salt, of course.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If they brought back the stage shows (assuming next year's Halloween bash or whatever he's calling it now has a parade next year), you're essentially paying more for a less crowded party. What elements would still be missing? Meet and greets? Those are cheap enough that I would assume they could bring them back.

I would consider it once a year if they brought back Hocus Pocus and the Christmas show.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
If they brought back the stage shows (assuming next year's Halloween bash or whatever he's calling it now has a parade next year), you're essentially paying more for a less crowded party. What elements would still be missing? Meet and greets? Those are cheap enough that I would assume they could bring them back.

I would consider it once a year if they brought back Hocus Pocus and the Christmas show.
It wouldn’t necessarily have the full entertainment package. I would imagine parade or stage show. Fireworks, of course. It’s WDW. The message over Boo Bash was heard loud and clear. But the budget is limited--parties make more money.

Zummi Gummi

It wouldn’t necessarily have the full entertainment package. I would imagine parade or stage show. Fireworks, of course. It’s WDW. The message over Boo Bash was heard loud and clear.

That would be the deal breaker for me. I could maybe get on board with it if it was paying a little more for a less crowded party.

Side bar: it would be a shame to lose the Hocus Pocus show. It was enormously popular with guests and very well-liked.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
That would be the deal breaker for me. I could maybe get on board with it if it was paying a little more for a less crowded party.

Side bar: it would be a shame to lose the Hocus Pocus show. It was enormously popular with guests and very well-liked.
I like Spelltacular and the parade more than Not So Spooky, honestly.

The MVMCP stage show can go in the dumpster next to SpectroMagic, as far as I’m concerned. OUACP and Wonderful Christmastime are where it’s at.

They think people will pay any amount of money for “exclusive” parades and fireworks. They’re probably correct.

rle4lunch

We decided after our last Halloween party a couple years ago to stop attending them. Each year they increased attendance levels so much it sucked all the fun out. What's the point of spending a bunch of extra ticket money when you still have to wait in long lines to ride things or to get candy? Just so you can see oogie boogie and get a picture? I'd rather just get a magic hour here and there on the trip.

bcoachable

I can’t remember- do they discount the ticket for the regular day guest on these party nights to help compensate for an early park closing?

Zummi Gummi

I like Spelltacular and the parade more than Not So Spooky, honestly.

The MVMCP stage show can go in the dumpster next to SpectroMagic, as far as I’m concerned. OUACP and Wonderful Christmastime are where it’s at.

They think people will pay any amount of money for “exclusive” parades and fireworks. They’re probably correct.
Which show? The new one? If you mean that one (the one with the annoying "lets ring the bells!") then I agree with you. However, I loved Celebrate the Season, which was the old one ("let's have a joyous celebration!").

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom