Troubles with online dining reservations?

MMCoffman

Original Poster
I was online this morning making dining reservations with no issues. This afternoon every time I try to book a restaurant it has an error message :( At only 75 days out I'm already nervous that I won't find any availability.

Is anyone having trouble with this?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Disney's "systems" are, and always have been, awful.

Maybe one day when they become a big company, they'll be able to afford a good IT staff.

MMCoffman

Original Poster
I am having similar type of problems. I think they are down, you may want to do your ADR the old fashioned way. "phone"

Don't bother, we called this afternoon and the whole system is down :shrug:

This is good to know, because I hate calling in, with my little kids yelling in the background I feel bad. But since no one can make reservations I guess this means I won't be at a disadvantage not calling in.

MMCoffman

Original Poster
Disney's "systems" are, and always have been, awful.

Maybe one day when they become a big company, they'll be able to afford a good IT staff.

My husband is in IT and I think ALL companies cut corners in that department, they let the IT staff work their butts off to keep outdated equipment up and running, not worrying that in the end the consumer suffers too!

EvilQueen-T

i'm having online trouble making dining reservations again today...anyone else? i can do anything else on the site but dining reservations won't go through. :(

The system has been messed for months now. I usually start out with the online system when it opens up and then move onto the phone at 7:00 if I don't have all of them made. Even the cast members are complaining about it.

The biggest issue I've seen is that tables aren't loaded, particularly for the Epcot restaurants and Downtown Disney.

suechris2

walk in

We had great luck a few weeks ago by just walking in. We could not get reservations at Sci Fi, biergarten and liberty tree. We walked in to all of them. The longest wait was 15 minutes. Did it twice at Biergarten and almost did it a second time at liberty tree.

mickeysshoes

We had great luck a few weeks ago by just walking in. We could not get reservations at Sci Fi, biergarten and liberty tree. We walked in to all of them. The longest wait was 15 minutes. Did it twice at Biergarten and almost did it a second time at liberty tree.

We have walked into Liberty Tree also..and did it during Free dining last August!! They told us about 30 minutesa and they called in about 15..not bad.

HouCuseChickie

The site seems to be down a lot lately. The one time I called during one of these down times, I too was told that they can't do anything with dining for callers when the site is down. So, basically we're all at the mercy of the site. I still prefer the site over calling.

EvilQueen-T

soooo frustrating...i've been checking online for a few days now and using different computers (just in case) and it gets as far as "searching for tables" then just churns and churns and churns (ugh!).

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The best is when you make reservations, but then they disappear. And, because Disney knows their system sucks, they tell you not to worry if they disappear, they're still there somewhere!

Lexi

I thought the reservation glitch was just on the customer's side of the website until I called the reservation line to book a sleigh ride for our trip in December..the poor representative had to log out 3 separate times and even shut down once because her system froze on her.

PhillyDisneyMom

Sigh :(

I have been attempting since Friday to make my Disney dining reservations online.( making reservations for December 22-27th).
Called online reservations said no reports of errors or problems.
I walked away from the PC, watch cars with my 2 year old. Came back. Still searching for tables.
Does it ever work online?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom