Tropical Storm Florence

joelleharbert

Original Poster
Am I the only one out there who is noticing a "little" something called Florence? It looks like it could hit land next week, right around the time our flight from Pittsburgh is set to fly to Orlando! AAGH!! I hope it turns and goes northward instead of west! :lookaroun

Frosty689

I'm flying out Philly to Orlando this Saturday coming up the 9th.... i'm a little bit worried, but i havent really seen much on it... is it suppoed 2 get very strong or ?

The Mom

Premium Member
Hi:wave:

I'm going to move this to Weather, where it can be discussed and tracked by our "weather" watchers. :lol:

napnet

It is probably a good week and a half away. If it does hit, it would probably be next Thursday. I'm heading out on a Cruise so hopefully Port Canaveral will be there when i return!

More than likely i bet this will spin well north of FL.

joelleharbert

Original Poster
It is probably a good week and a half away. If it does hit, it would probably be next Thursday. I'm heading out on a Cruise so hopefully Port Canaveral will be there when i return!

More than likely i bet this will spin well north of FL.

Um, that's when we're leaving to come down there. I'm going to wait until later in the week to decide what to do. In the meantime, I'll be crossing my fingers.

brkgnews

RickEff

Here's an update on the potential path.

Attachments

• florence.jpg
    florence.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 76

joelleharbert

Original Poster
I'm going to wait until Thursday to see what the expected path is again and then decide what to do. How disheartening to see that out there, though. At the very least, it will probably bring lots of rain showers!:cry:

napnet

I'm going to wait until Thursday to see what the expected path is again and then decide what to do. How disheartening to see that out there, though. At the very least, it will probably bring lots of rain showers!:cry:

Take a look at this (photo below). almost all the computer models have it never even hitting land. I wouldn't worry about it... granted hurricane predictions are impossible.

storm_06.gif

supapampam

Looking at the 11pm advisory. We in Florida are going to get a break. So far they still have it going north. But I figure we
will feel better once it has moved past the state.

miles1

Latest tracks say that if it makes landfall at all, it would be somewhere between NJ and Mass. Of course, my home would be at dead center of this range.

SpongeScott

Based on those prediction models, it looks like Florida for sure is out of the picture on this one. As for the mid-Atlantic states, not so sure yet. They are getting better--overall--at predicting the path, but not the intensity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom