News Tropical Storm Debby Possible Impacts to WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Original Poster
150047.png

**Updated to reflect the most recent NHC Track Map (Should automatically update)**

Potential Impacts to central Florida Sunday-Tuesday
1722536099168.png

1722536126169.png

1722535926960.png

If it does develop into a named storm it would be Debby.

Last edited:

vikescaper

it appears that I may be heading to California at the right time. I am hoping that it’s not too bad as I have done zero storm prep.

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Updated 18Z intensity maps. Ensemble models now signaling that it won't strengthen as much as the 12Z runs. This is likely due to a shift west over Cuba which would hinder storm intensification.

This is only a possible route based on several weather model's guidance which should not be used for forecasting purposes.

1722541882479.png

1722541971705.png

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Gov Desantis has declared a State of Emergency for several Florida counties, which include the WDW Resort.

Lilofan

I'm flying Miami - Orlando tomorrow, at 5pm.

No notifications of any changes to my schedule from the airline yet. I hope this doesn't affect my departure. 🤞
Good luck, it will be very wet and rainy all weekend long. Bring your ponchos.

JohnD

Looking like all those indoor venues at WDW will be packed with guests escaping the inclement weather. Rain puts a damper while on vacation.
It's a tropical storm, fortunately. Will be a rain event, if the forecasts hold. Bring your poncho!

Lilofan

It's a tropical storm, fortunately. Will be a rain event, if the forecasts hold. Bring your poncho!
Rain really puts a damper on things, some areas closed due to rain , thunder etc. Paying full price and getting even less for your $$.

C33Mom

I guess the skyliner is out of commission all weekend…
Ugh. We’re staying on Crescent Lake but made dining plans at Riviera because my kids love the skyliner. We’ve been lucky on past trips and I completely forgot this could screw up our plans. I guess we can walk over in the rain and catch the bad weather bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom