Tronorail Coral Spotted!

Rob562

Is it only for the EPCOT line? Do we know this for sure?

That's what's been published. Theoretically the only time you'd see them on the Express beam would be heading to/from the shop.

Plus, it'd just look stupid on the Resort beam, because the "Light Cycle" would be driving backwards... :lol:

-Rob

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
That's what's been published. Theoretically the only time you'd see them on the Express beam would be heading to/from the shop.

Plus, it'd just look stupid on the Resort beam, because the "Light Cycle" would be driving backwards... :lol:

-Rob
The monorail drives cab 6 forward on EPCOT and resort lines I believe. Express is the only one that drives cab 1 forward, therefore EPCOT=resort line in terms of light cycle...I think

Rob562

The monorail drives cab 6 forward on EPCOT and resort lines I believe. Express is the only one that drives cab 1 forward, therefore EPCOT=resort line in terms of light cycle...I think

No, I think the way I stated it was correct.

Trains are moved onto Epcot from the Express beam. To go from Express onto Epcot, the trains pull out of the station in the same direction they'd be going if staying on Express. Once the train is on Epcot, it's still going in the proper direction. So whether it's Cab 1 or Cab 6, Epcot and Express use the same cab, and Resort uses the opposite.

-Rob

s8film40

Anymore photo updates?

It looks like Monorail Coral has been moved back inside. This means the painting on Cab 6 is probably complete. I would expect that the bulk of the rest of the work will be performed without repositioning the train, provided the paint booth is not needed for the rest of the job.

soarin' cisco

It looks like Monorail Coral has been moved back inside. This means the painting on Cab 6 is probably complete. I would expect that the bulk of the rest of the work will be performed without repositioning the train, provided the paint booth is not needed for the rest of the job.

You mentioned paint booth. I have not been keeping up to date on this project, but I was under the impression that it was more or less just a huge stickum being wrapped around each of the train's cars and had nothing to do with painting. Am I wrong in this statement? :shrug:

Rob562

You mentioned paint booth. I have not been keeping up to date on this project, but I was under the impression that it was more or less just a huge stickum being wrapped around each of the train's cars and had nothing to do with painting. Am I wrong in this statement? :shrug:

The noses on either end had to be painted with the design, but the rest of the train should be the stick-on wrap stuff.

-Rob

JWG

Still seems odd to paint the trains, that means they'll have to be repainted after. Good for Disney for doing it. Not sure how much movie interest a painted monorail will drive, but I still think it's cool.

rpk4444

Could this also be Disney's way of sliding the new/rebuilt monorail back into service with no fan faire?
Any word on whats going on with the rebuilding of the crashed one?

WDWExplorer

Banned
Original Poster
thats very possible.. I haven't heard anything about the 2nd train this is happening too... could be a way of bringing in the new train without noticing... also postpones the 'color' problem .. :)

Tom

Beta Return
We won't know when there are twelve. I thought that they keep one or two back for service.

We'll know when there are 12. Everyone will know when there are 12. There might even be a day added to the calendar when #12 makes it back to the rail.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Express and Epcot use Cab 1, while Resort uses Cab 6.
ok, my bad. I swear I just had a monorail CM tell me express was the only one to drive cab 1 forward, but in my defense, it was probably 4am as I was walking out the door to my car with my brain only half functioning, at most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom