Tron queue damage

MickeyLuv'r

Yes indeed……I’ve seen countless amount of graffiti and random sprays; the greater LA area is one free for all canvas. I’ve seen Kansas City, St Luis, Miami, Philly and naturally NYC…..San Fran and San Diego first hand sightings there also.

Europe sees spray paint as the blight covers Paris, too. And Germany and Ireland have it going on as well.
The roman Empire had graffiti. Also a sorta hybrid between graffiti and advertising.
In Pompeii, they found a house exterior wall that said,"Cave canem!" = Beware of the dog.

While I am sure Tron and GoG is partly from people picking at it,I also suspect some of the damage is also caused by people simply rubbing up against it. WhenI first saw the peeling on GoG, I had similar thought to those expressed on the first page of this thread.

On a repeat visit, GoG went down, and we spent an hour not moving. Many people sat down, with their back against the walls, and suddenly the damage made more sense. In Tron, we saw people rubbing the walls as they went through. I'm not saying it is something people should do, just that some of the damage is wear and tear. WDW should use more durable wall coverings.

Smiley/OCD

The roman Empire had graffiti. Also a sorta hybrid between graffiti and advertising.
In Pompeii, they found a house exterior wall that said,"Cave canem!" = Beware of the dog.

While I am sure Tron and GoG is partly from people picking at it,I also suspect some of the damage is also caused by people simply rubbing up against it. WhenI first saw the peeling on GoG, I had similar thought to those expressed on the first page of this thread.

On a repeat visit, GoG went down, and we spent an hour not moving. Many people sat down, with their back against the walls, and suddenly the damage made more sense. In Tron, we saw people rubbing the walls as they went through. I'm not saying it is something people should do, just that some of the damage is wear and tear. WDW should use more durable wall coverings.
If that is a big problem and guest’s backs are unknowingly causing the damage, then it’s 1000% Disney’s fault and they need to correct the problem.

NelleBelle

I’ll just add to what @MickeyLuv'r posted about backpacks…ECV/scotterà and wheelchairs go through the Trin and GoG queues and totally hit those walls contributing to the damage. I totally agree that Disney reds to beef up their designs and/or maintenance to keep the attractions looking great. But I realize this is all wishful thinking in my part and remember the age in when everything looked pristine!🤨

TalkToEthan

WDW should use more durable wall coverings.

sure, why not

or use a more cynical approach….

Disney knows T. Hobbs was right and his philosophy particularly applies to modern day Westerners at large: Man is inherently selfish and the honor system fails too often.

Western park goers will display their slob, opportunistic, selfish, careless or defacing tendencies relative to places like Korea and Japan. Disney could have used permanent guard rails as a buffer separating guest from direct contact with show. Themed attraction fronts and queue is just as much “show” to me as actual ride.

ToTBellHop

At least we don’t carve our initials on the colosseum…
1697125181826.gif

Goofyernmost

Perhaps I should say "Americans are going to do what Americans are going to do". Visiting many large cities in my time, Americans certainly love to vandalize with spray paint.
We don't hold a candle to Europe when it comes to spray act on every non-tourist spot that doesn't move. Just ride a train and view the artwork on ever building on the side of the track. I will say that they don't seem to bother defacing the items that make the country money, like tourist areas.

NelleBelle

When I was in Italy this past spring, a group of thugs died the water black in the fountain next to the Spanish Steps. Authorities worried it would stain the marble. I’ll take spray paint on trains and over passes any day over vandalizing historical sites.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Defacing does not happen at Tokyo Disney Resort……. close to NEVER

THIS. Example what I saw last week...got to DisneySea early in the morning, took an elevator in Mysterious Island near the Vulcania restaurant and smelled fresh paint....so yes seems like they keep up with painting often, the way WDW used to.

Also, every time I ride Sindbad there's a section to the right of the boat where there's a lot of gold coins on the side, like right up to next to the boat area where it would be super easy to try to pick one up (if they were real). Obviously it's all glued down and not able to be picked up, but they all look 100% brand new with no indication of anyone trying to remove any of them or paint coming off.

That tells me it's probably a combination of good manners, good parenting and maintenance also keeping up with things to ensure the rare time people might try to do something gets fixed right away.

gerarar

Premium Member
Was there about 2 weeks ago and took this picture of the queue. I saw a little kid picking at the stickers ahead of me, which you can see the tear near the top of the large missing patch.
20231001_084607.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom