News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

Vanderperre

A question for all the experts on this blog, please. Can anyone please tell me if they know what the latest available return times are for purchased ILLs for Tron? Are they close to the official park closing time, or are they stopping an hour or two before? On Thrill data, I can see the earliest available times, but I’m interested in the latest, not the earliest. For example, if MK closes at 11 pm like it does these days, and I buy an ILL when they first become available, is it conceivable that I get a 10.45 pm return time offered? Or would the latest be something like 9 pm? Thanks in advance for your insight

gerarar

Premium Member
A question for all the experts on this blog, please. Can anyone please tell me if they know what the latest available return times are for purchased ILLs for Tron? Are they close to the official park closing time, or are they stopping an hour or two before? On Thrill data, I can see the earliest available times, but I’m interested in the latest, not the earliest. For example, if MK closes at 11 pm like it does these days, and I buy an ILL when they first become available, is it conceivable that I get a 10.45 pm return time offered? Or would the latest be something like 9 pm? Thanks in advance for your insight
Typically last calls for BG's and LL would be an hour before close (to accommodate the 1 hour return window).

Found this tweet which suggest times through 10pm were offered today for ILL:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As above, it is more like 1 hour 15 minutes before close, so about 9:45pm for today.

EricsBiscuit

After experiencing the VQ in person for the first time today I guarantee that they over call BGs. The line before you scan is at least 45 mins. That way, they can say you were late, cancel you, and fill in that seat with a LL+ rider. Sad.

OceanBlue

I am curious how fast the evening times sold out as well but you can't see that without a park ticket or hopper and staying onsite I'm guessing.

wendysue

People must be extremely mad at their money to pay hundreds just to walk into the park, then pay extra to get on the ride, put up with long lines and a mass of people just for a 60 second ride. :banghead:

ToTBellHop

People must be extremely mad at their money to pay hundreds just to walk into the park, then pay extra to get on the ride, put up with long lines and a mass of people just for a 60 second ride. :banghead:
If you come all the way to WDW, you play by their rules.

Where it may cost Disney is in how quickly people return. We are taking a year off from Disney after our August trip. I need to see other palm trees but it’s just a break.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 15 Stats (4/4) [Opening Day!]:
7am: 3.6 secs
1pm: 2.8 secs

BG 113 (+57) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:44 - 10:32am
11:12 - 11:34am
11:34 - 11:52am
9:00 - 9:40pm

Average pace: 7-8mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.9s -> 3.8s (-0.1s)
1pm: 3.7s -> 3.4s (-0.3s)

That does it for Day 15 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-271.png

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Disney clarifies TRON Lightcycle Run virtual queue policy for late arrivals​

Perhaps they should have a specific booking window for people who want to ride after dark. They can distribute anticipated daytime capacity at 7AM and 1PM and then have a window at 4PM (or some other time) where the return groups will be after dark. That way people can either try to secure a spot at the earlier drops or risk no spot at all in order to get a ride after dark if they get one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom