News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

nickys

Premium Member
It’s a unique problem here. This is the first VQ ride I can think of where there’s a specific time when it is, by far, more desirable to ride. And they insist on closing as close to sunset as they can unless it’s a peak week, so most days, nighttime rides are only during the last 90 min of the day.

RotR, Rat, and Cosmic Rewind are largely the same experience at 9 am as they are at 9 pm.

I agree that consistency would be nice, but they can’t even get rope-drop procedures consistent across the four parks.
Agree with you on all points, and it was the subject of much debate before the soft opening for this very reason.

But I think it’ll be the cause of much confusion and complaints if they enforce it with TRON and continue to allow people to arrive hours late at Guardians.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 4 Stats (3/23) [Day 4/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.2 secs
1pm: 4.6 secs

BG 148 (+1) is the last BG called for the day at 8:45pm (+2.25 hrs then yesterday).

Notable stoppages:
11:47 - 12:03pm
12:11 - 12:38pm
1:36 - 2:54pm
3:14 - 4:18pm
5:38 - 5:54pm
Despite the extra 2 hours of operating hours, the ride was down for about 3.5 hours!

Average pace: 4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.2s -> 3.2s (+0s)
1pm: 4.6s -> 4.6s (+0s)

That does it for Day 4 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-404.png

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Final Day 4 Stats (3/23) [Day 4/15 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.2 secs
1pm: 4.6 secs

BG 148 (+1) is the last BG called for the day at 8:45pm (+2.25 hrs then yesterday).

Notable stoppages:
11:47 - 12:03pm
12:11 - 12:38pm
1:36 - 2:54pm
3:14 - 4:18pm
5:38 - 5:54pm
Despite the extra 2 hours of operating hours, the ride was down for about 3.5 hours!

Average pace: 4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.2s -> 3.2s (+0s)
1pm: 4.6s -> 4.6s (+0s)

That does it for Day 4 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
View attachment 705776
Rough day. Wonder if someone uploaded a virus. There is a stomach bug going around after all.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Ride TRON again today. Was able to take in more of the experience but I still say other than the launch and lights, the queue is better than the ride itself. If only it was expanded with more track a few more thrill elements

TheMaxRebo

Then they wait. People waited six to eight hours for flight if passage

But will they need to close the standby line early? They won't want a 6 hour long line right at closing or else they need to keep the park open later to get through the queue of people - so will they close off letting more people join the line 2-3 hours prior to the actual park close? (Or whatever is needed)

correcaminos

Just curious, but when TRON officially opens, how will it work with DAS? Or is VQ required no matter what?
Like the other rides with VQs. You need to get into the VQ. At your return time, you go see a CM who swaps your regular BG for an ILL entry. Then you enter through the ILL. At Guardians the queue misses a lot. I am unsure about Tron. I was able to use DAS for my AP preview as the line was quite long.

Vclguy90

VQ is required even if using DAS. Once your boarding group is called, tell the CM you have DAS and they will convert your boarding group to a Lighting Lane pass. This is also the current procedure for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
Thanks. So is the VQ process the same as it was with RotR or has it relaxed a bit? I remember when RotR opened it was damn there impossible to get a boarding group. Is the process the same, essentially?

TheMaxRebo

Thanks. So is the VQ process the same as it was with RotR or has it relaxed a bit? I remember when RotR opened it was damn there impossible to get a boarding group. Is the process the same, essentially?

It's the same process as was for Rise and is currently for Guardians.

For Guardians the 7am still goes quick but the 1pm can stay open for hours

So far Tron is going aupe quick (like Rise was) but is only soft open/not open full day so hard to know how it will be when fully opens, but for now each drop is lasting like 4 seconds

correcaminos

It's the same process as was for Rise and is currently for Guardians.

For Guardians the 7am still goes quick but the 1pm can stay open for hours

So far Tron is going aupe quick (like Rise was) but is only soft open/not open full day so hard to know how it will be when fully opens, but for now each drop is lasting like 4 seconds
Yep! Outside of spring break for us the 1pm was more relaxed to get for GotG. If Tron eventually behaves like that, I'd rather do night if possible anyway. Though we finally got our Tron pics. The launch created great pics.

mysto

But will they need to close the standby line early? They won't want a 6 hour long line right at closing or else they need to keep the park open later to get through the queue of people - so will they close off letting more people join the line 2-3 hours prior to the actual park close? (Or whatever is needed)

I think ILL reservations will stop at close, so the line should move a lot faster. With a FP+ typical 8-2 ratio 4x faster. But yes, I wonder too, esp. with night rides so desirable.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 5 Stats (3/24) [Day 5/14 soft openings/previews]:
7am: 3.8 secs
1pm: 4.2 secs

BG 112 (-36) is the last BG called for the day at 7:24pm.

Notable stoppages:
1:51 - 2:08pm
2:46 - 3:02pm
6:04 - 7:21pm
Ride was down for about 2 hours!

Average pace: 6-8mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 3.8s -> 3.8s (+0s)
1pm: 4.2s -> 4.2s (+0s)

That does it for Day 5 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-352.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom