News TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

TTA94

Question and a little rant lol, why do people just hang out under the Tron canopy? I mean there is usually a lot of people there. Are they just trying to get out of the sun? If so I feel like CMs shouldn’t allow so many people to just camp out there. It’s kinda anoying when people are just gathering around there and getting in the way of others with an actual LL and VQ. Of course I’ve notice people that are either clueless how the queue works, try to act stupid like they don’t understand how it works when they probably do and are trying to get away with stuff, or they are hoping the CMs will open up a regular stand by line 🙄.

tparris

Question and a little rant lol, why do people just hang out under the Tron canopy? I mean there is usually a lot of people there. Are they just trying to get out of the sun? If so I feel like CMs shouldn’t allow so many people to just camp out there. It’s kinda anoying when people are just gathering around there and getting in the way of others with an actual LL and VQ. Of course I’ve notice people that are either clueless how the queue works, try to act stupid like they don’t understand how it works when they probably do and are trying to get away with stuff, or they are hoping the CMs will open up a regular stand by line 🙄.
Because it’s a cool new area of the park? I don’t see why there should be any issues with people hanging out there

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 54 Stats (5/13):
7am: 7.6 secs
1pm: 13839.2 secs, or ~3 hours 51 mins

BG 205 (+0) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages: None

Average pace: 4-5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 4.0s -> 4.5s (+0.5s)
1pm: 54m -> 1hr 16m (+22m)

That does it for Day 54 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-416.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 55 Stats (5/14):
7am: 7.7 secs
1pm: 21855.7 secs, or ~6 hours 4 mins (longest yet!)

BG 205 (+0) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages:
3:20 - 3:38pm

Average pace: 3-4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 4.1s -> 4.6s (+0.5s)
1pm: 1hr 20m -> 1hr 56m (+36m)

That does it for Day 55 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-381.png

Patcheslee

Rider swap waiters too

Ayla

I wouldn't count on that Memorial Day Weekend.

It's all about "the tipping point."

If there are less people wanting to ride than there are reservation slots, it doesn't matter if there are ten less than full, or a thousand less than full. You'll be able to grab a reservation almost any time all day long.

However, as soon as there are more people wanting to ride than there are reservation slots, then it doesn't matter if there are 10 more people or a thousand more people. Reservation slots will all be grabbed rather quickly.

For now, during a lull, we're under the tipping point. But busy times, esp. 3 day weekends, are times when we go past the tipping point and reservations are gone in minutes or seconds.

So... it all about the size of the crowd that day.
It will be interesting to see if demand stays low Memorial Day weekend. The lack of interest already has to be worrisome for Disney...(though people were predicting it had little staying power from the start).

Ayla

Because it's a large area of shade, otherwise lacking in the parks.

TTA94

My apologies for my prior post. I understand it’s a cool new area and some shade. When I was there however it was pretty insane to where a whole bunch of people were hovering around the VG and LL entrances blocking the way for people that had their group called. I felt bad for the CMs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My apologies for my prior post. I understand it’s a cool new area and some shade. When I was there however it was pretty insane to where a whole bunch of people were hovering around the VG and LL entrances blocking the way for people that had their group called. I felt bad for the CMs.
They did that for FoP, Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, RotR, MF:SR, too... and are still doing it. So, no surprise they're doing it for TRON.

They're jerks for blocking the entrance waiting their VG/ILL time to start. While some of them are blocking the very entrance themselves arguing with the CM about why the tapstile didn't turn green for them. I've learned to stop waiting patiently, and just gradually push my way past them. I've learned the hard way there could be a 5 minute wait waiting for their issues to be resolved.

They really should make it part of CM training to ask them to step to the side while dealing with them.

TTA94

They did that for FoP, Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, RotR, MF:SR, too... and are still doing it. So, no surprise they're doing it for TRON.

They're jerks for blocking the entrance waiting their VG/ILL time to start. While some of them are blocking the very entrance themselves arguing with the CM about why the tapstile didn't turn green for them. I've learned to stop waiting patiently, and just gradually push my way past them. I've learned the hard way there could be a 5 minute wait waiting for their issues to be resolved.

They really should make it part of CM training to ask them to step to the side while dealing with them.

Yeah I don’t understand why so many choose to wait there for their VQ/ILL time. I guess if Tron is the only thing they care to experience? 🤷‍♂️. The group in front of me got all the way to the tapstile and the CM told them their group wasn’t too Way later. Then of course they acted all confused and couldn’t understand why they had to wait 🤦‍♂️ lol.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 56 Stats (5/15):
7am: 13.8 secs
1pm: 22190.8 secs, or ~6 hours 10 mins (longest yet!)

BG 210 (+5) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages: None

Average pace: 3-4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 4.4s -> 5.6s (+1.2s)
1pm: 1hr 4m -> 1hr 42m (+38m)

That does it for Day 56 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
scatter_plot-1324.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom