TRON Lightcycle Run previews

nickys

Premium Member
One thing to note is that I do remember several reports from the GotG previews that the extra park reservation screwed up G+ for both before and after their ride slot. To the extent that they got the cost refunded.

I don’t know if that issue still exists.

evenstephan

As far as I know it worked something like this...

It was possible to join the waiting room before the emails were sent out and before the registration system was accepting users.

Those people who were placed in the waiting room were put into a random order, regardless of how early they joined the waiting room. (I had reports of users who all joined the waiting room when I posted the link, and one ended up with a 5 minute wait, and the other had 70 minutes).

Once the registration system then opened at around 9am, those in the waiting room were put into the queue in the randomly assigned order.

Those who enter after the registration opened were placed in numerical order based on arrival.
That is completely correct. Disney IT uses the company Queue-It to create and manage queues across their various platforms - ShopDisney, RunDisney, parks and resorts, and even DVC on very selective dates (usually towards the dues deadline when that site gets much more traffic than usual). If you do an internet search for "queue-it random order," the first result should be a page on Queue-It's web site labeled, "Why use randomization instead of first come first served principle?" It verifies that those in pre-queue before the queue opens is randomized at the opening of the queue, and the rationale for doing so. Significantly, if a sign-in is not needed to access the queue (which it usually isn't with Disney - that will come afterwards), a user with multiple devices and/or different browser types can have more than one Queue-It ID, and thus more chances of getting an early spot in the queue upon sorting. Multiple tabs in the same browser will not work, though, as every session within the same browser is assigned the same Queue-It ID.

SingleRider

That is completely correct. Disney IT uses the company Queue-It to create and manage queues across their various platforms - ShopDisney, RunDisney, parks and resorts, and even DVC on very selective dates (usually towards the dues deadline when that site gets much more traffic than usual). If you do an internet search for "queue-it random order," the first result should be a page on Queue-It's web site labeled, "Why use randomization instead of first come first served principle?" It verifies that those in pre-queue before the queue opens is randomized at the opening of the queue, and the rationale for doing so. Significantly, if a sign-in is not needed to access the queue (which it usually isn't with Disney - that will come afterwards), a user with multiple devices and/or different browser types can have more than one Queue-It ID, and thus more chances of getting an early spot in the queue upon sorting. Multiple tabs in the same browser will not work, though, as every session within the same browser is assigned the same Queue-It ID.
I wonder if they monitor queues by IP address as well. If there are 10-15 queues open under one IP they could assume one user had multiple devices. Of course there are shared IP situations they would have to take into account (such as public WiFi).

brettf22

Premium Member
I wonder if they monitor queues by IP address as well. If there are 10-15 queues open under one IP they could assume one user had multiple devices. Of course there are shared IP situations they would have to take into account (such as public WiFi).
I don’t believe they monitor IP. I had two devices (laptop and phone, both on Wifi) accessing the pre-queue page last Thursday. My phone was on the pre-queue page first. When the queue went active, my phone said my wait was “more than an hour” while my laptop was 15 minutes. So, that appears to confirm both the random order and the lack of IP monitoring.

DisneyCane

I don’t believe they monitor IP. I had two devices (laptop and phone, both on Wifi) accessing the pre-queue page last Thursday. My phone was on the pre-queue page first. When the queue went active, my phone said my wait was “more than an hour” while my laptop was 15 minutes. So, that appears to confirm both the random order and the lack of IP monitoring.
Doing it by IP could be a bad thing. 2 people on wifi at the same hotel could have the same IP address as seen by the system but be unrelated to each other.

Requiring a sign in first could make it one queue spot per account.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Thats ignoring how the protocol works as well as various technical constructions. If you're using a common service provider (be it ISP, VPN provider, Hotel (like on property) home network, or even another protocol stack like IPv6, the connection your session rides on will have a common IPv4 origin address. Browser ID would be the only unique item they could use without a login.

lewisc

. Browser ID would be the only unique item they could use without a login.
Which is what they use. A few years ago people were using tools to change their browser ID to match the one used by the google indexing bot. Got them bumped to head of the queue. Loophole closed.

I think user error and settings is an issue. Refreshing. Multiple tabs. Some cookie and privacy settings interfere.

The truth. Disney told us what day reservations would be available. The link used for previous previews was posted in every fan site. 9a EST was thought to be the time.

No secrets. Posters who tried around 9a were able to get a reservation.

One poster got the email around 9:10. Waited until 9:40 to try. Annoyed didn't get a reservation

DCBaker

Premium Member

cykek

Inside scoop for those who booked AP preview on a blackout date;

Just spoke to a cast member and they said quote, “sometime soon we will be emailing those with pixie and pirate passes who booked on blackout dates, and making a one time exception to ride on the date they originally booked due to us not being clear with the terms at first.”

He said if you do not receive the email I should show the cast members on the day of your preview and they will let you on as they will be made aware of the exception.

Dad 2 M & M

Just spoke to a cast member and they said quote, “sometime soon we will be emailing those with pixie and pirate passes who booked on blackout dates, and making a one time exception to ride on the date they originally booked due to us not being clear with the terms at first.”

He said if you do not receive the email I should show the cast members on the day of your preview and they will let you on as they will be made aware of the exception.

Entry on a blackout day?

DSMDGA

Looking for clarification from all the experts here. After more than 2 1/2 hours in the "waiting room", the only day showing with a Magic Kingdom available reservation was Wednesday, but there were no openings for Tron on that day. I booked Tron for Friday, even though the park calendar was showing "not available" for that park on that day. I downloaded the Tron confirmation. This week, I see in the app that Disney has added a park reservation for Magic Kingdom for that Friday. We've heard nothing more about the Tron reservation, nor does it show on the app under my plans. Are we good to go?

nickys

Premium Member
Looking for clarification from all the experts here. After more than 2 1/2 hours in the "waiting room", the only day showing with a Magic Kingdom available reservation was Wednesday, but there were no openings for Tron on that day. I booked Tron for Friday, even though the park calendar was showing "not available" for that park on that day. I downloaded the Tron confirmation. This week, I see in the app that Disney has added a park reservation for Magic Kingdom for that Friday. We've heard nothing more about the Tron reservation, nor does it show on the app under my plans. Are we good to go?
Pretty sure you are good as long as you have a ticket or AP.

Edited: you must enter the park on your AP.

Last edited:

SingleRider

Hopefully this isn’t true. If this is true it’s a major slap in the face to those who aren’t blocked out and played by the rules. If you booked on one of your blockout dates you deserve to have your reservation cancelled.

JaxFLBear

The actual preview registration will not appear in your MDE unless you add it as a Note. Since Disney added the park reservation for your preview day, you are good to go.

cykek

Doubtful.

Blockout booking update to those who are doubtful;

d2.jpg

d1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom