News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

invader

Didn't know you've explored the whole universe to know nothing like that exists*. They're both Sci-Fi, both should be in Tomorrowland.

*Not defending Gaurdians in Epcot, just making a point.
I can agree to that.

I really think Tron's canopy is going to clash with Space Mountain. It reminds me of the Lynx bus station in Downtown Orlando so I'm hoping they change it a bit.

Maeryk

I can agree to that.

I really think Tron's canopy is going to clash with Space Mountain. It reminds me of the Lynx bus station in Downtown Orlando so I'm hoping they change it a bit.

Keep in mind, you may not be able to see it that well from ground level. There are trees back there currently, as well as lots "in the way" when you are walking in TL. Even space mountain can be somewhat hard to see from some parts.

doctornick

With the train going through the TRON building I imagine that the Railroad might be shut down for quite a while during construction of this new attraction. Even when they're not working on the roof it'd be going through a large construction zone. Sad.

View attachment 215878

There's rumors of the MK RR getting "upgrades" as part of the build up to the 50th. Perhaps some sort of show scenes like Primeval World or the Grand Canyon at DL. Doing so would require the RR to be shut down anyway, so maybe this provides some additional cover for doing so.

Also, they could run the RR as a shuttle between open stops (e.g. going back and forth between Main St and Frontierland) rather than encircling the entire park, if they need to only shut down part of the track.

Timothy_Q

Zooming in on the image, a couple of things caught my attention:

-Those stairs sure look weird. Why not do the sleek ramps of Shanghai?

-Any idea what the little building on the right is? Seems below guest level by the art

-Weird how the path coming from the circus doesn't directly connect with the other side after the canopy. Like they merged 2 images

Tron.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There's FAILING Jim Hill again WITH HIS FALLING RATINGS and his FAKE NEWS. Sad!

No Tron, no how. We have the BEST people working on Tomorrowland. Just terrific. You are going to love Tomorrowland in 2021. Believe me.

In all honesty, they considered it and said no.

Hmmm....interesting thing about Hill and Tron. I'm doubtful it was fake news. I don't take Hill as spot on always, neither are the rest with inside info. But this decade(s) he has been spot on with several things including AoA replacing Legendary Years. People mocked him. But it wasn't fake news.

And sometimes a simple mea culpa is in order. It does appear Tron will be a coming ...and really they appear to be going with it.

Mike S

There's rumors of the MK RR getting "upgrades" as part of the build up to the 50th. Perhaps some sort of show scenes like Primeval World or the Grand Canyon at DL. Doing so would require the RR to be shut down anyway, so maybe this provides some additional cover for doing so.

Also, they could run the RR as a shuttle between open stops (e.g. going back and forth between Main St and Frontierland) rather than encircling the entire park, if they need to only shut down part of the track.
Please let them reuse the UoE Dinosaurs for a RR Primeval World. Please, please, please, PLEASE!!!

brb1006

Corliss busy acting like a madman on twitter. Acting like he nailed the story when he only got it half right, and the half he got right was lifted from here.

For anyone wondering why News Today is blocked here, you have your answer.
News Today was good until the original hosts left.

brb1006

I'm already anticipating the complaining from "pooh sized" guests that it's not built for them, as one hears about Flights of Passage.

My daughter has requested that we refer to such Guests as Heffalumps.
She has been engaged to Winnie the Pooh since she was 3 and has found this reference to be upsetting. :p
Can we please make this become a thing along with "Pixie Dusters" on the forums?​

DisneyJunkie

So basically the WDW Railroad track will stay put and it will simply go under/through the building for Tron. Ok. At the very least, though, if they're not getting rid of the Speedway (which they should do) but merely modifying the track layout, they should also adjust the theme to be more land-appropriate. Putting Tron where they are gives me concern over that spot becoming the new ToT/RnRC area where people tend to gather and the area has a lot of bottlenecks (which can also be the same over by Splash Mtn and BTMR). They definitely need to consider traffic flow, especially for the first couple of years when this will still be the "new" ride.

John park hopper

I can't wait until WDW 50th anniversary there will be a lot of new attractions Tron being one of them. TL seems to be a good fit and the building looks great as they say you can't please everyone.

hpyhnt 1000

More or less what it should look like from above, give or take a few feet. They definitely have the land for it and it's nice to see a MK expansion plot being utilized. Properly done, it also seems that a lot of the show building could be obscured with vegetation, maybe helped by some light theming along the roof line.

Should be a popular addition to MK, and that corner of TL is sure to be crowded once this opens. I'm still not sold on the placement directly next to SM but this addition is an overall positive in my mind.

Also, for those of you who enjoy the (relative) quiet of that Toontown/Circus-Tomorrowland path, best get a few extra walks along it now. Once TRON opens it won't be so hidden or quiet anymore.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 8.53.58 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom