News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SplashJacket

C964BC2C-4FF8-4B82-A471-ED34CB85675C.png

Only similar show building inclusion is RRC.

SplashJacket

To be fair, Star Tour's building size is greatly diminished here. Hard to showcase that something is there if you just include the trees out front.
1678760670765.png

The Land is less of the barren showbuilding and more a showcase of thematic components.
1678760720306.png

RRC is by far the most unnecessary inclusion, there's zero reason to include it on the map.

As for Tron, as @egg said above, it's hard not to include something so heavily featured in the park. If you don't include the building, what do you include?

Invent some fictional structure? Replace the building with trees and just leave the canopy? Not a perfect design choice (for the map makers). An overbearing show building on the project's overall visual composition should've been rectified far earlier in the design process.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Reservations will be available for the TRON Identity Program. Reservations are set to open March 21 for arrivals beginning April 4.

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.12.40 AM.png

Prepare to enter the Grid through a Grid Digitization Portal located in Tomorrowland Launch Depot. Once inside, you will be able to create an action figure, or Program, that looks and sounds just like you.

As a User, you will go through the customization process. Image Capture will scan your facial features. Then, you’ll select your helmet and body configuration. Will your Program be an Enforcer or a Combatant? A Scout or a Heavy Sentry? The choice is yours. Also, don’t forget to select a team color. Finally, you’ll visit Command Input, where you will record 6 lines of dialogue in your own voice.

Please allow 20 minutes to make your selections. Once all of your choices have been made, your Program will be ready for retrieval within 60 minutes. Be aware that purchase of your Program is required.

Important Details
  • Payment will be due upon arrival at the location
  • One action figure per User per experience
  • Packaging included
  • Additional customizable items can be purchased at Tomorrowland Launch Depot
  • Recommended age is 5 years and older
  • The experience area is limited to the User and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Guest of the User may not customize their figure when accompanying the builder
  • Customizable action figures are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder (or other) discounts
  • This experience is separate from TRON Lightcycle / Run. The purchase of a TRON Identity Program does not include admission or priority access to the TRON Lightcycle / Run attraction.

FutureCEO

Reservations will be available for the TRON Identity Program. Reservations are set to open March 21 for arrivals beginning April 4.

View attachment 703741

Prepare to enter the Grid through a Grid Digitization Portal located in Tomorrowland Launch Depot. Once inside, you will be able to create an action figure, or Program, that looks and sounds just like you.

As a User, you will go through the customization process. Image Capture will scan your facial features. Then, you’ll select your helmet and body configuration. Will your Program be an Enforcer or a Combatant? A Scout or a Heavy Sentry? The choice is yours. Also, don’t forget to select a team color. Finally, you’ll visit Command Input, where you will record 6 lines of dialogue in your own voice.

Please allow 20 minutes to make your selections. Once all of your choices have been made, your Program will be ready for retrieval within 60 minutes. Be aware that purchase of your Program is required.

Important Details
  • Packaging included
  • The experience area is limited to the User and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Guest of the User may not customize their figure when accompanying the builder
  • Customizable action figures are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder (or other) discounts
  • This experience is separate from TRON Lightcycle / Run. The purchase of a TRON Identity Program does not include admission or priority access to the TRON Lightcycle / Run attraction.

New clothes in case people run at night

Furiated!

So… Savi’s Version 2, with less universal appeal. Will they price it similarly?

Not sure who they’re aiming for with this.

Less appeal? Way more appeal for me. I did the all the Star Wars ones they had at Star Wars Weekends over the years. I never did the Avatar one because while I like the movie and love the ride, I never cared about having a Navi figure of me (plus IMO the figures barely looked like the people they scanned). This? Having myself in a Tron outfit with a light cycle I can put myself on? I already have the reservation date added to my calendar.

MrPromey

trainplane3

View attachment 703741

Important Details
  • Packaging included

Very similar gimmicks to the old Tron Legacy Deluxe figures except now with some lights on the legs.

Also:
1678803239733.png

1678803249035.png

The similarities are way too close to be a coincidence.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Less appeal? Way more appeal for me. I did the all the Star Wars ones they had at Star Wars Weekends over the years. I never did the Avatar one because while I like the movie and love the ride, I never cared about having a Navi figure of me (plus IMO the figures barely looked like the people they scanned). This? Having myself in a Tron outfit with a light cycle I can put myself on? I already have the reservation date added to my calendar.

I did not say "less appeal". I said "less universal appeal". They're going to run out of hardcore Tron fans willing to shell out the money to travel to the park (unless there's a huge number of hardcore Tron fans in Orlando or within a 4-5 hour drive), jump through their park reservations hoops, pay to get into the park, and then pay for an action figure more quickly then they realize.

MrPromey

Very similar gimmicks to the old Tron Legacy Deluxe figures except now with some lights on the legs.

Also:
View attachment 703744
View attachment 703745
The similarities are way too close to be a coincidence.

I'll admit when I first saw the thumbnail on the front page, I thought they were sealing pleather body suits and my brain just spiraled.

Compared to that, these toys seem pretty mild but still, it's weird the level of merchandising they're ratcheting up for an attraction based on an IP I don't think most millennials on down care much about.

Given the nature of the ride, the IP isn't really that important to the experience so I've no doubt the ride will be a hit but I'm wondering who's excited about these toys action figures?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom