News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

doctornick

Unless they see a trend with people waiting until night and it causing them to run extended hours to get everyone through. They could choose to enforce it at any time.

Yeah, I think it will quickly become a problem and they will have to enforce a stricter window for Tron VQ return times. I mean, maybe give like an hour or even two leeway so people with dining reservations that conflict with a time they get can be accommodated but actually keeping people out at night when their VQ time was hours before.

Patcheslee

Yeah, I think it will quickly become a problem and they will have to enforce a stricter window for Tron VQ return times. I mean, maybe give like an hour or even two leeway so people with dining reservations that conflict with a time they get can be accommodated but actually keeping people out at night when their VQ time was hours before.
DH and I were discussing this yesterday, and would prefer to get a night ride vs whenever our group is called. So 90% change we'll end up with ILL.

DisneyCane

Unless they see a trend with people waiting until night and it causing them to run extended hours to get everyone through. They could choose to enforce it at any time.
For Guardians one day we got severely delayed getting up to WDW. I had gotten a BG that was called several hours before we got there and the CMs allowed us to ride. I would have been disappointed but not angry if they didn't let us ride.

I would think they will have to change the policy for Tron, at least for people showing up after dark where it is pretty obvious that they did it on purpose to ride at night.

sWANNISAX

The difference with guardians is the experience isn't any different during the day. They will likely not allow the late checkins that have been good for guardians. If people don't show on guardians the numbers just move faster. They can't totally block late entry due to their dining policies.

MagicHappens1971

I can’t remember for sure but I thought they were strict on Rise return times when it first opened. I cant remember, but I know they didn’t really care for Guardians or Remys.

I can’t really see them creating an official policy that states you can’t return after your time. It’s poor customer service and will just result in more recovery ($$$) for Disney to hand out.

gorillaball

I can’t remember for sure but I thought they were strict on Rise return times when it first opened. I cant remember, but I know they didn’t really care for Guardians or Remys.

I can’t really see them creating an official policy that states you can’t return after your time. It’s poor customer service and will just result in more recovery ($$$) for Disney to hand out.
I think they will enforce it, it's not creating a policy it's enforcing the existing policy. Your VQ is for a one hour window only. At least if the general population learns the Guardians loophole then you are going to have 75% of your daily capacity trying to squeeze into 25% available nighttime capacity.

Ripken10

I think they will enforce it, it's not creating a policy it's enforcing the existing policy. Your VQ is for a one hour window only. At least if the general population learns the Guardians loophole then you are going to have 75% of your daily capacity trying to squeeze into 25% available nighttime capacity.
Now if that isn't a stat made up on the spot I don't know what is. I think some of you are making a much bigger problem of this then it actually is.

gorillaball

Now if that isn't a stat made up on the spot I don't know what is. I think some of you are making a much bigger problem of this then it actually is.
Yes it's made up - was hypothetical illustration not intended to be realistic.

Let's just say if I got boarding group 200 I'd hope for sure they'd be enforcing the window more than what they do on Cosmic.

Let's say I got boarding group 35 and knew they didn't enforce it. I'm not going to show up until 8p and will then bump you out of your boarding group 200 being called.

Rich Brownn

Rode today and my opinion is - its fun but schizophrenic - It starts out as a slam-bang coaster (that launch was way more intense than I expected) and then - as many have noted - it slams on the breaks and turns into a kiddie coaster with neon inside. Both halves are fun in of themselves, but they really seem like two completely different rides.

DisneyCane

Rode today and my opinion is - its fun but schizophrenic - It starts out as a slam-bang coaster (that launch was way more intense than I expected) and then - as many have noted - it slams on the breaks and turns into a kiddie coaster with neon inside. Both halves are fun in of themselves, but they really seem like two completely different rides.
The first half is the only reason to wait more than 10 minutes to ride it. SM is much more thrilling than the 2nd half.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

TQQQ

Yes it's made up - was hypothetical illustration not intended to be realistic.

Let's just say if I got boarding group 200 I'd hope for sure they'd be enforcing the window more than what they do on Cosmic.

Let's say I got boarding group 35 and knew they didn't enforce it. I'm not going to show up until 8p and will then bump you out of your boarding group 200 being called.
No thats not how it works.........just because you haven't showed up doesn't mean a later BG wont get called........

DCBaker

Premium Member
TRON Lightcycle / Run has been added to the digital map.

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 2.41.18 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom