News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DonaldDoleWhip

It’s great. Nothing they add is apparently a waste of space or an eyesore, so this should help with crowd control😂😂
Agreed, it's certainly not a waste of space when it'll be the best ride (for those who tolerate coasters) on that side of the park!

I'm detecting sarcasm haha, but Tron absolutely isn't a waste of space. It'll be a very solid addition, even if they could have integrated it better.

If its opening leads to a Space Mountain rebuild à la DL or Tokyo, even better.

Kev1982

Agreed, it's certainly not a waste of space when it'll be the best ride (for those who tolerate coasters) on that side of the park!

I'm detecting sarcasm haha, but Tron absolutely isn't a waste of space. It'll be a very solid addition, even if they could have integrated it better.

That’s it. Do I think its a little bit an odd location? Sure… but who knows maybe 80% of tomorrowland is about to get demolished in the future and its just the start of solething far bigger. I always tought space mountain was placed to far back from the rest so…

UNCgolf

Not as long as Carousel of Progress is still open!

Although I suppose that's an attraction but not a ride.

lazyboy97o

Like when Everest closed for its big refurb after Pandora opened?
That’s it. Do I think its a little bit an odd location? Sure… but who knows maybe 80% of tomorrowland is about to get demolished in the future and its just the start of solething far bigger. I always tought space mountain was placed to far back from the rest so…
It is not part of something bigger. It was dropped down. That’s it. There aren’t these long range plans being followed.

DonaldDoleWhip

Like when Everest closed for its big refurb after Pandora opened?
The Tokyo announcement out of nowhere gives me hope someone will eventually see the light.

I'm thinking that might happen once Space Mountain's demand completely drops off. In its current state, it's literal trash compared to both Guardians and Tron. Very easy comparisons to make, and it won't take long for most WDW coaster fans to figure it out.

I say this as someone who loves the standard versions (not Hyperspace) in DL/HKDL and Paris. Tron too, even if it's not Cosmic Rewind.

JoeCamel

The Tokyo announcement out of nowhere gives me hope someone will eventually see the light.

I'm thinking that might happen once Space Mountain's demand completely drops off. In its current state, it's literal trash compared to both Guardians and Tron. Very easy comparisons to make, and it won't take long for most WDW coaster fans to figure it out.

I say this as someone who loves the standard versions (not Hyperspace) in DL/HKDL and Paris. Tron too, even if it's not Cosmic Rewind.
They still ride pan and small world. They will ride SM until it isn't any more.

See the light through the current economic fog? Maybe if Bob hits the lotto but this wouldn't make him any money so why? GS? Ha Ha Ha you are living in the past.

DonaldDoleWhip

They still ride pan and small world. They will ride SM until it isn't any more.

See the light through the current economic fog? Maybe if Bob hits the lotto but this wouldn't make him any money so why? GS? Ha Ha Ha you are living in the past.
You're probably right, but these days I'm aiming to be an optimist with a long-term mindset.

Certainly not expecting this announcement at D23 – more likely Tron gets an opening date (if it hasn't already).

Centauri Space Station

I think it looks great. Don't really care about the show building.

But with Tomorrowland being the worse land in the park, I think the placement of everything is terrible.
  • People mover is terribly placed and interferes with site lines.
  • MILF/Buzz/Stitch are all old/closed rides that should be replaced.
  • No good food options.
  • Speedway is ancient and a waste of space. You can't even really retheme it because it's sitting in front of a good looking ride in Tron.
  • I don't see how the flow of people in and out of Tron is really going to work. Shoved between the racetrack and a gift shop.
You'd think they would have a 10 year plan (lol) but the fact that they produced three Star Wars movies without a coherent story/plot goes to show you Disney doesn't really plan anything.
Highly disagree, I love Tomorrowland especially at night. Peoplemover, COP, and Astro Orbitor high above TL make it better than the rest. Laugh floor is cute despite not being the best fit. Buzz can definitely use a refurb as could Space mt but their still fun.

Centauri Space Station

Pretty much like DLs Matterhorn

JD80

Highly disagree, I love Tomorrowland especially at night. Peoplemover, COP, and Astro Orbitor high above TL make it better than the rest. Laugh floor is cute despite not being the best fit. Buzz can definitely use a refurb as could Space mt but their still fun.

If I were to play armchair-imagineer in redesigning Tomorrowland - any of this would never happen of course.
  1. Remove COP and bring it to Epcot. It's essentially a mid-20th century nostalgia hit. I love this attraction but doesn't belong any more.
  2. Reroute the Peoplemover to go around the perimeter of the land instead - going through SM and Tron. It blocks too many sitelines now. Coming in to the land from the Hub there are basically 3 tracks of the ride blocking your view of Tron which will probably be the central piece to the land visually.
  3. Astro Orbitor is fine, but I'd probably move it to where CoP is now.
  4. Buzz/MILF/Stitch changed to something else.
  5. Nothing can be done with the speedway now with the Tron placement. I wouldn't remove it because it has capacity, but we're stuck with it now because anything else put here blocks Tron unless something can be set into the ground a bit with some kind of outdoor ride like Barnstormer or Mine Train.
  6. Move the Space Mountain gift shop to the other side of the attraction.
If Tron wasn't opening, the only reason to do Tomorrowland would be either Space Mountain or nostalgia classics like CoP or Peoplemover.

spectromagic04

If I were to play armchair-imagineer in redesigning Tomorrowland - any of this would never happen of course.
  1. Remove COP and bring it to Epcot. It's essentially a mid-20th century nostalgia hit. I love this attraction but doesn't belong any more.
  2. Reroute the Peoplemover to go around the perimeter of the land instead - going through SM and Tron. It blocks too many sitelines now. Coming in to the land from the Hub there are basically 3 tracks of the ride blocking your view of Tron which will probably be the central piece to the land visually.
  3. Astro Orbitor is fine, but I'd probably move it to where CoP is now.
  4. Buzz/MILF/Stitch changed to something else.
  5. Nothing can be done with the speedway now with the Tron placement. I wouldn't remove it because it has capacity, but we're stuck with it now because anything else put here blocks Tron unless something can be set into the ground a bit with some kind of outdoor ride like Barnstormer or Mine Train.
  6. Move the Space Mountain gift shop to the other side of the attraction.
If Tron wasn't opening, the only reason to do Tomorrowland would be either Space Mountain or nostalgia classics like CoP or Peoplemover.
I highly disagree with 1-3 especially 2 and 3. Why would you move Astro orbiter? Might not be my favorite ride but it belongs in the middle of the land and on top of the peoplemover. Don’t want to make Disneylands mistake again.

UNCgolf

1. Reroute the Peoplemover to go around the perimeter of the land instead - going through SM and Tron. It blocks too many sitelines now. Coming in to the land from the Hub there are basically 3 tracks of the ride blocking your view of Tron which will probably be the central piece to the land visually.

I don't think the PeopleMover is the main reason views of TRON are blocked. It doesn't help, but there are a bunch of other buildings in the way.

I also don't think they're especially concerned about the views of TRON or they would have designed it differently for the Magic Kingdom instead of putting it where they did the way they did.

trainplane3

1. Reroute the Peoplemover to go around the perimeter of the land instead - going through SM and Tron. It blocks too many sitelines now. Coming in to the land from the Hub there are basically 3 tracks of the ride blocking your view of Tron which will probably be the central piece to the land visually.
The parks need kinetics and having the PM go around the perimeter of TL would lose that. Tron was a copy-paste when it should've been designed for the land instead of being plopped down in a bad spot. Don't blame the PM for blocking Tron, blame WDI for sticking it where it's going.

They could've done it right but instead just lifted the Shanghai design (including the canopy meant for a specific sightline).

Besides, who'd actually trust the company to re-route the PM? I know I sure wouldn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom