News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SamusAranX

Might not be right thread so apologies…but if I am on my friends family and friends and she enrolls on the 7 am virtual queue…can I enroll us on the 7 am Tron queue? We are starting at Epcot and then hopping to MK at 2. Wanted to see if possible to get both rides that day.

Edit: I am aware of 1 pm option but you have to be at MK. Which can’t be done until 2

DisQuick

Might not be right thread so apologies…but if I am on my friends family and friends and she enrolls on the 7 am virtual queue…can I enroll us on the 7 am Tron queue? We are starting at Epcot and then hopping to MK at 2. Wanted to see if possible to get both rides that day.

Edit: I am aware of 1 pm option but you have to be at MK. Which can’t be done until 2
Hey there! You can only register for one virtual queue at a time whichever park you’re in. If you have an EPCOT reservation, you can only make a Guardians VQ at 7:00am. If the VQ for Tron is open by the time park hopping opens, you can register for Tron as well. However, you MUST be in the park. If you get a Guardians VQ in the morning, you can ride and park hop to Magic Kingdom and enter at 1:47pm (at the earliest). I’ve done this before and I recommend getting on the EPCOT monorail at 12:50 at the latest in order to get to Magic Kingdom by 1:47 to get the Tron VQ. Since park hopping opens at 1:47pm on the dot, be ready at the tapstiles at the entrance of Magic Kingdom so you can get a group. Sometimes this works, and sometimes the VQ closes before park hopping begins. I would just watch the app and see if the VQ is still open.

DisneyFanatic12

Each person getting a spot in the queue needs to be at the park with the ride. As long as you all had a Magic Kingdom reservation, you could all get the same boarding group. If you aren’t at that park then you can only join after you enter that park.

From personal experience, you can get both Tron and GoG in a day, but you’ll need to get Tron at 7:00 and GoG is easy to get after 2:00pm. GoG doesn’t sell out very fast.

MagicHappens1971

This post is somewhat confusing.

You have park reservations for Epcot, correct? If so. You can not get a Tron 7am VQ

You have park reservations for MK? If so, you can get a 7am Tron VQ.

If you don’t have a park reservation for MK you can possibly join the 1pm queue if it’s still open when you hop to MK after 2pm.

SamusAranX

This post is somewhat confusing.

You have park reservations for Epcot, correct? If so. You can not get a Tron 7am VQ

You have park reservations for MK? If so, you can get a 7am Tron VQ.

If you don’t have a park reservation for MK you can possibly join the 1pm queue if it’s still open when you hop to MK after 2pm.
Sorry I meant to say get guardians at 7 for Epcot and also tron for 7. Because we can’t be present in magic kingdom until 2 pm and I fear the 1 pm drop for Tron will be gone by 2

UNCgolf

Sorry I meant to say get guardians at 7 for Epcot and also tron for 7. Because we can’t be present in magic kingdom until 2 pm and I fear the 1 pm drop for Tron will be gone by 2

You can't get both at 7 -- you have to have reservations for EPCOT to get Guardians and you have to have reservations at MK to get TRON.

If you can swing it, you'd probably be better off switching to MK reservations and trying to get TRON. Guardians is pretty easy to get in the afternoon; it often still has spots available at 3-4 PM.

pdude81

You can get both rides in one day, but not using VQ. Buy ILL for Tron, especially if you'll be there after dark. The other person can try for the Guardians VQ. If you miss out on guardians you can choose to pay for the ILL or see how late you end up with in the 1pm drop.

DisneyFanatic12

I've ridden Tron twice this week and both times walked right through the "pre-show" room (with the vanishing wall). Is this a perminant thing or does it vary by day/hour?
Varies depending on how many guests they need to get into the inside queue. If traffic flow doesn’t allow them to use the “preshow” room, then it is bypassed.

It’s the same with the Shanghai one, they don’t always use it because sometimes traffic flow doesn’t allow them to.

Indy_UK

Tron Newbie quetion.

We have DAS and want our first time on Iron to be in the evening, when it's dark. What's the best way to make that happen? Just buy a Lightning Lane?

James Alucobond

Tron Newbie quetion.

We have DAS and want our first time on Iron to be in the evening, when it's dark. What's the best way to make that happen? Just buy a Lightning Lane?
Are you staying on property? Others might have DAS-specific tips, but if you are at a participating resort, waiting for the 6pm drop on the night of extended evening hours generally works well.

Indy_UK

Are you staying on property? Others might have DAS-specific tips, but if you are at a participating resort, waiting for the 6pm drop on the night of extended evening hours generally works well.

We're DVC and thats a great shout. I will see what nights its happening

EDIT. Sure enough our first day in magic Kingdom (08/16) is extra hours 10pm- 12am

Is the 6pm drop only for those staying onsite in the Deluxe resorts? That should give really good chances

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Tron Newbie quetion.

Try at the 1pm drop. I'll post some tips I posted before:
For the 1pm drop, you can always join the VQ and see what BG you get. From that, you can calculate around what time you will be called at.

For example, say you get BG 95 right at 1pm. If the current BG being called is say BG 60, given the average of 4-5 mins/BG, your BG 95 will be called in about 175 mins, or ~3 hours. So around 4pm-5pm at the latest. Obviously this is still sunny out, so you can leave the VQ and grab another BG.

My recommendation is to use the BG average to then calculate your return window, also remembering you are given 1 hour to return.

Basically you can join and leave the VQ, depending on the BG you get. If you want to ride at night, I would aim around BG's 120+. If you get an early BG, you could always leave and rejoin. Do note that this could be risky as the VQ could close while you're in the process of re-joining.

If the ride had some extended downtime earlier in the day, you'll need to recalculate the BG range for later in the night. The way I recommend is to use the BG average, which is about 4-5 mins/BG.

So say they're currently at BG 50 at 1pm, at 7pm they should be in the BG 120's. And say you got BG 100. This would be called around 4pm, which isn't ideal, so I would leave and rejoin the queue to get a later BG.

Bocabear

The Tron commercial was great....and very stylish... but longer than the actual attraction , and of course, they didn't show the vehicle stopping for the trim breaks...lol

erasure fan1

waiting for the 6pm drop on the night of extended evening hours generally works well.
The 6pm drop for guardians we couldn't get but we did get the 6pm drop for tron. Of course it went down so we didn't get to ride. At least we rode it once. We had the best luck with the 7am drops.

I will say, outside of the launch, Tron is a major fail in my book. I thought mine train was a disappointment from a ride length. At least it is well themed. Trons just a bunch of neon. No substance to the coaster and I was flabbergasted as to how short it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom