News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't care if they serve Starbucks coffee, I just wish they didn't have the Starbucks logo plastered all over everything. It's a distraction from theme to have the Starbucks logo on the signage and windows of the Main Street Bakery, for example.

Admittedly it could be worse than it is.
Sadly, you're right - It could always be worse, just look at the merchandise guy/crap peddler in charge of the company.

IMDREW

Those stairs were a pretty sweet shortcut for those able to use them. Now everyone's got to walk all the way back to space to get to Fantasyland. Oh well.

ToTBellHop

Those stairs were a pretty sweet shortcut for those able to use them. Now everyone's got to walk all the way back to space to get to Fantasyland. Oh well.
I will have earned a Gaston’s cinnamon roll, though.

Also, new Disney cuts and adds later. They will rediscover the need for the stairs and add them in 2030!

dmw

In the Parks
No
If I had my way with it, they'd all be spending their time waiting in line somewhere off-property. Of course, I'm not a coffee drinker, so I don't understand what the absurd addiction/obsession is with SB. Over-hyped, over-priced. Wait... that fits perfectly with the Bob-era Disney.

Anyway, I don't want coffee to derail this thread.
/TROFF Starbucks

sedati

Is that a balcony on the upper level of the locker building? Exclusive Fireworks viewing? Corporate lounge? Sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it.

sedati

It’s a parapet tall enough to function as a guard, thus satisfying fall protection requirements.
There's a difference between a roof and a balcony. Unfortunately the best image of what I'm talking about is on a site I can't credit. There is a cantilevered platform jutting from the castle-facing side. Here's a pic that got my attention a while ago, but you can see it much more clearly elsewhere:
1643839652827.png

Could just be a design feature, but I'm curious.

James Alucobond

Pretty sure it's just an awning for folks below entering the locker area. Note the ladders in your picture that are being used to climb over the lip of the main roof to access the space. There will be no door or gate to get to it once complete. Additionally, views from it would be awful. It looks straight into the canopy.

sedati

Pretty sure it's just an awning for folks below entering the locker area. Note the ladders in your picture that are being used to climb over the lip of the main roof to access the space. There will be no door or gate to get to it once complete. Additionally, views from it would be awful. It looks straight into the canopy.

Here's a pic from Bioreconstruct. It only juts out a few feet, so it won't make for much of an awning or shade structure. You are correct about access. Seems an odd feature though.
Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.37.05 PM.png

No Name

I don't care if they serve Starbucks coffee, I just wish they didn't have the Starbucks logo plastered all over everything. It's a distraction from theme to have the Starbucks logo on the signage and windows of the Main Street Bakery, for example.

Admittedly it could be worse than it is.
I’m not fan of Starbucks and wish it was just the original bakery, but I really think it’s very subtle. The main signage still says Main Street Bakery (DHS is also subtle with its Trolley Car Cafe). Quite honestly I can’t think of a chain location with less overt signage.

lazyboy97o

There's a difference between a roof and a balcony. Unfortunately the best image of what I'm talking about is on a site I can't credit. There is a cantilevered platform jutting from the castle-facing side. Here's a pic that got my attention a while ago, but you can see it much more clearly elsewhere:
View attachment 618375

Could just be a design feature, but I'm curious.
That’s all roof. Being cantilevered doesn’t really matter. It just provides additional protection from water directly at the opening to the building and visually reducing the mass of the building when looked at directly.

UNCgolf

I’m not fan of Starbucks and wish it was just the original bakery, but I really think it’s very subtle. The main signage still says Main Street Bakery (DHS is also subtle with its Trolley Car Cafe). Quite honestly I can’t think of a chain location with less overt signage.

That's why I said it could be worse.

It's still featured in multiple places, though. It's on the windows and hanging under the awning at the entrance. It's admittedly more visible at the Animal Kingdom location, though (and the EPCOT one was essentially just an outright Starbucks).

The menus on the wall in interior are pretty bad too. They are basically just standard Starbucks menus that you'd see at any location.

Casper Gutman

Sometimes, when playing Roller Coaster Tycoon, you’d just drag-and-drop a ride into a location it didn’t fit without thinking about it. Then, to get it running, you’d have to create an ugly, convoluted tangle of walkways and queues that meandered endlessly, crossed over one another on bridges or underpasses, and took lots of annoying counter-intuitive twists and turns.

I don’t know what made me think of all that…

jaxonp

Where are lockers in Shanghai?
I was just going to ask about where/if the lockers are. There is a small area of outside lockers under the canopy but I remember them being outside not in a building. In addition, there is a small compartment on the ride vehicles itself to store stuff but no backpacks will be allowed. I can’t remember if there are metal detectors in Shanghai or not. Been too long since I was there.

lazyboy97o

Sometimes, when playing Roller Coaster Tycoon, you’d just drag-and-drop a ride into a location it didn’t fit without thinking about it. Then, to get it running, you’d have to create an ugly, convoluted tangle of walkways and queues that meandered endlessly, crossed over one another on bridges or underpasses, and took lots of annoying counter-intuitive twists and turns.

I don’t know what made me think of all that…
What’s crazy is that thanks to the magic of SketchUp that actually happens now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom