News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DonaldDoleWhip

smoking and rude guests are a problem at DLP but those things are bad at SHDL maybe worse. So many people try to cut you and they stand on top of you in China which I know is more of a cultural thing. The worst thing about DLP is the food. It’s bad like, real bad which is embarrassing considering they’re 30 min away from the city with the best food on the planet. The second park isn’t great but neither Chinese park have a second one. Disney town is horrible and outdated. That said, Disneyland is incredible and better since Disney took over in 18
Those points are all fine and all, but my personal experience is that DLP overall was incredibly disappointing in 2014, and my visits to both HKDL and SDL were more positive.

(In terms of Shanghai overall, I have less desire to go back, but I had a great time at SDL.)

Of course, the summer 2014 highlight in Paris was supposed to be Ratatouille, and after all the pre-opening hype, it didn't particularly impress me. Enjoyed Tron in Shanghai much more and am happy MK is receiving it.

None of those opinions are crimes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
48C1E99F-F238-4999-8EE2-84B9487DB762.jpeg

slowly….slowly

8/30/21

jaxonp

Those points are all fine and all, but my personal experience is that DLP overall was incredibly disappointing in 2014, and my visits to both HKDL and SDL were more positive.

(In terms of Shanghai overall, I have less desire to go back, but I had a great time at SDL.)

Of course, the summer 2014 highlight in Paris was supposed to be Ratatouille, and after all the pre-opening hype, it didn't particularly impress me. Enjoyed Tron in Shanghai much more and am happy MK is receiving it.

None of those opinions are crimes.

i agrée parc Disneyland was a mess before sometimes around 18. I’ve been going there since 2009 and it was sad for awhile. It’s much improved these days. Still has a lot of work especially at the studios but yea. The only thing that was better before the Disney takeover was the merchandise. It was unique and had French flair. Now it’s just more of the same ole

J4546

Never been to DLP but it looks great in pics. I really like the way pirates and indiana jones areas are presented, and tomorrowland. Sucks that dsp is pretty much the worst disney park but that will hopefully change in a couple years when the massive expansions are open. Also the massive expansion of the Downtown Disney area is notable, its complete change of theming as well. When all is said and done in the next 3-5 years, Disney Paris resort should be really top notch.

matt9112

When Gringotts was announced, they made a big deal out of the ride system, and how anything would be possible in terms of motion. The very first scene with Bellatrix feeds into that as well, completely upending expectations.

Then bam, boredom all the way through until the music swells.

Tron isn’t trying to be anything besides a zippy coaster with cool glowing lights and a unique vehicle. Yes, most wish it were longer, but that’s because what you get is so enjoyable. RnRC is really the best parallel, and most guests leave it smiling.

I wish i could be bored fighting dragons. Impressive. RNRC is legitimately garbage...its essentially cloned in several non disney parks as well. This isn't to say its not a fun experience but in the realm of coasters its crap. It has ancient trains with ancient restraints. Its rougher than it needs to be because....vekoma. its only saving grace is ithat its in disney world. Theres nothing else like it in the bubble so it comes off novel.

Trons biggest issue is its capacity or lack there of. If disney wants to make 60 second rides thats on them. Make 60 second rides designed for a park thay sees 20 million people.

matt9112

It's the same ride as SDL, so we know how it works.

That being said, I think people are often very extreme in their labeling of rides when they say things like "embarrassingly low". No, Tron is not a high capacity Omnimover taking on over 2000 people an hour, but it something like 1400-1500/hour. Not great, but pretty decent for a roller coaster. ROTR has a similar capacity as well (and I think it's ideal if it was working smoothly is supposed to be closer to 1800/hr) and gets bemoaned as have bad capacity. I think it is understandable that many new rides will fall in that range if they want to do more unique experiences and ride vehicles.

"Embarrassingly low" to me would be something like sub-1000/hr.

So your saying....a company with a market cap like disneys has no idea how to build rides that can handle the annual attendance? That theres no possible way? That we legitimately would not get rides of this caliber without that?

Snake

It is just me or does anyone else feel Tron had a missed opportunity? While Tron was still being built the peoplemover was also under construction, they should have extended the people mover to enter Tron the same way it enters Space Mountain. But they could use that Tron sequence where Flynn is entering the computer world and it would actually work perfectly for you entering the Tron ride. How awesome would that have been? I miss those rides that used the Tron sequence projected onto those IMAX screens on the omnimovers. I forgot which rides did this, I think there were several? The old tomorrowland rides? World of motion?

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

I wish i could be bored fighting dragons. Impressive. RNRC is legitimately garbage...its essentially cloned in several non disney parks as well. This isn't to say its not a fun experience but in the realm of coasters its crap. It has ancient trains with ancient restraints. Its rougher than it needs to be because....vekoma. its only saving grace is ithat its in disney world. Theres nothing else like it in the bubble so it comes off novel.

Trons biggest issue is its capacity or lack there of. If disney wants to make 60 second rides thats on them. Make 60 second rides designed for a park thay sees 20 million people.
You have every right to enjoy Gringotts for what it is—I’m very happy for you!

As for me, I’m happy with both Tron and RnRC as they are. Neither one is Primeval Whirl levels of atrocious, and both are significantly more fun.

Can’t wait to ride Tron again, and I expect it to be popular because most who ride it will like it. As with Ratatouille (not my favorite, but it’ll probably be well-liked), that’s really what matters.

GimpYancIent

As for me, I’m happy with both Tron and RnRC as they are. Neither one is Primeval Whirl levels of atrocious, and both are significantly more fun.

Can’t wait to ride Tron again, and I expect it to be popular because most who ride it will like it. As with Ratatouille (not my favorite, but it’ll probably be well-liked), that’s really what matters.
Court has not convened on the TRON case and the jury is still out on the Ratatouille case.

matt9112

ROTR is liked by everyone who wins the lottery? Does that make it an awesome ride? Seems as if you do not factor in anything except the singular ride experience. Primeval whirl wasn't a bad ride it just dosen't belong in a disney park. Genuinely funner than SDMT for example.

DonaldDoleWhip

ROTR is liked by everyone who wins the lottery? Does that make it an awesome ride? Seems as if you do not factor in anything except the singular ride experience. Primeval whirl wasn't a bad ride it just dosen't belong in a disney park. Genuinely funner than SDMT for example.
Weird example, because RotR is an awesome ride? It’s easily the best trackless attraction at WDW.

Mine Train has long waits more than it’s well-liked. Much of the reaction from first-timers remains “that’s it?”, whereas the reaction to something like RnRC is more of a “that’s cool!” Tron will easily be more of the latter.

Court has not convened on the TRON case and the jury is still out on the Ratatouille case.
Correct - all I can do is give my informed opinion having experienced both. Weird how in one case, I’ve been insulted for not being impressed, and in the other case people are put off by me actually liking it.

Can’t please everyone, and these attractions are proof!

BaymaxFan

The issue is that instead of designing new rides for WDW that have high capacity, they are just cloning rides from other countries. Tron and Remy are the two examples here, both are good rides but I personally don't think they're meant for our parks. Disney could have taken their own ride and changed it a little to fit in better, but they didn't. Remy is getting the flawed boarding pass system and is being labeled as an E-Ticket, but I really don't think it's going to be that popular after about a month of being open. Tron on the other hand will probably be the new SDMT in terms of popularity and wait.

BaymaxFan

Weird example, because RotR is an awesome ride? It’s easily the best trackless attraction at WDW.
It's only competition is a projection box.

But I do think RotR is one of the best attractions in general at WDW. It's capacity isn't the best but it's one of those rides that wows you no matter how many times you've ridden it.

DonaldDoleWhip

It's only competition is a projection box.

But I do think RotR is one of the best attractions in general at WDW. It's capacity isn't the best but it's one of those rides that wows you no matter how many times you've ridden it.
Ratatouille also counts as competition at this stage, and RotR is easily the best of the three.

DoleWhipDrea

It is just me or does anyone else feel Tron had a missed opportunity? While Tron was still being built the peoplemover was also under construction, they should have extended the people mover to enter Tron the same way it enters Space Mountain. But they could use that Tron sequence where Flynn is entering the computer world and it would actually work perfectly for you entering the Tron ride. How awesome would that have been? I miss those rides that used the Tron sequence projected onto those IMAX screens on the omnimovers. I forgot which rides did this, I think there were several? The old tomorrowland rides? World of motion?

Unfortunately something like that has to be factored in ahead of construction. Disney didn't plan for the PeopleMover to be closed for as long as it was...they had to sort out several technical problems. And perhaps management didn't want to have both the PeopleMover and the railroad down at the same time for several years. It definitely would have been really cool.

I'm not sure about WDW in terms of TRON projections, but on Disneyland's PeopleMover there was something like that.

The TRON section begins at 4:45

Incomudro

The issue is that instead of designing new rides for WDW that have high capacity, they are just cloning rides from other countries. Tron and Remy are the two examples here, both are good rides but I personally don't think they're meant for our parks. Disney could have taken their own ride and changed it a little to fit in better, but they didn't. Remy is getting the flawed boarding pass system and is being labeled as an E-Ticket, but I really don't think it's going to be that popular after about a month of being open. Tron on the other hand will probably be the new SDMT in terms of popularity and wait.

What portion of park goers will/have also visited those other counties rendering cloning a problem?
I wish they'd give us more of the features they have in other parts of the world.
Bring us the Nautilus!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom