News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Sharon&Susan

There's a season on moderators?
Modse.png

MurphyJoe

Easy (and relatively cheap comparatively speaking) solution to the show building being seen is give it a data center paint job. It's not very exciting, but at least it's something.

MurphyJoe

Step 1: Paint it a blueish-gray.
Step 2: Tell everyone who complains about it looking like a warehouse the Disney imagineers painstakingly recreated the look of a 21st century Internet computer center after much research. Maybe toss a picture out there of people standing beside one in WDI hardhats or something.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Why not just paint an Monster's Inc. Logo on one side (It's a factory!) a Buy-n-Large logo on the other (It's a Wall-E warehouse) and for good measure (and because it would somewhat work) an "ENCOM" logo on the side facing Tomorrowland and the queue for Tron?

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Hey! Since outlandish is the order of the day just paint it to match the castle, yeah, that ridiculous pink w nice blue accents. On a serious note the steel bluish / gray concept with some futuristic (very large) logos may just work.

mergatroid

You know what makes more sense is to stop trying to hide coaster track in warehouses. It worked for Velocicoaster.
Probably because those who ride the Velocicoaster are there for the adrenaline rush as opposed to anything else. The scene from Tron the ride is attempting to mimic requires a dark backdrop which would be hard to pull off in the daylight.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
You know what makes more sense is to stop trying to hide coaster track in warehouses. It worked for Velocicoaster.
On the flip side Velocicoaster has completely ruined the Magic in Harry Potter land, with screaming riders careening past the Three Broomsticks every 45 seconds, so probably not the best example of ideal roller plaster integration into a highly themed park

EricsBiscuit

On the flip side Velocicoaster has completely ruined the Magic in Harry Potter land, with screaming riders careening past the Three Broomsticks every 45 seconds, so probably not the best example of ideal roller plaster integration into a highly themed park
Oh please! It’s a theme park! Who cares about screaming guests on roller coasters? Hagrd’s with the jet launch motorbikes is worse.

EricsBiscuit

You’re missing the point. I think intentionally?
At some point you have to accept you’re in a theme park. You’re not actually in Pandora. You’re not in Hogsmeade. You’re not in a galaxy far far away. When you ask what time the fireworks are and the give you something about how “well I heard about a battle in the sky around 0 900 hours” there’s a problem. When a theme park takes its theme too seriously it’s annoying. I want Coca Cola. No I don’t care Harry Potter doesn’t drink it on screen. What do you mean they can’t just call it “Wizard Cola?” Seriously? Sorry for the rant lol

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
At some point you have to accept you’re in a theme park. You’re not actually in Pandora. You’re not in Hogsmeade. You’re not in a galaxy far far away. When you ask what time the fireworks are and the give you something about how “well I heard about a battle in the sky around 0 900 hours” there’s a problem. When a theme park takes its theme too seriously it’s annoying. I want Coca Cola. No I don’t care Harry Potter doesn’t drink it on screen. What do you mean they can’t just call it “Wizard Cola?” Seriously? Sorry for the rant lol
I’m not sure what that has to do with whether or not Velocicoaster is more of an intrusion on Harry Potter Land than the Tron Box is on Tomorrowland.

You can not care, that’s fine, but that wasn’t what the question was.

BubbaisSleep

So we changed Dragon Challenge screams for Velocicoaster ones.
One thing is for sure, theme parks are full of people screaming on rides so I don't think you'll ever escape it unfortunately.

I for one find this "intrusion" very dramatic and nitpicky. You've always been able to see other rides from the back of eatery. I consider the giant Guardians box & the old Fry's warehouse coaster an actual intrusion to the environments around them.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I consider the giant Guardians box & the old Fry's warehouse coaster an actual intrusion to the environments around them.
At least for now, the inability to get close to the Energy pavilion, Wonders of Life, and the center of the park means the Cosmic Rewind box isn't actually all that intrusive in the environment immediately around it. It's just utterly heinous when viewed from the World Showcase and is obviously horrendous from the parking lot. Curious to see how bad it will actually be once Cosmic Rewind, PLAY!, and World Celebration open, though.

EricsBiscuit

I’m not sure what that has to do with whether or not Velocicoaster is more of an intrusion on Harry Potter Land than the Tron Box is on Tomorrowland.

You can not care, that’s fine, but that wasn’t what the question was.
How about: neither is intrusive, both are great coasters, and, at some point, one must accept there’s constraints preventing someone’s precious perfect immersion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom