Tron 3 Reportedly Filming This Fall

sreautwyh

Loved the first two and will gladly pay to see a third film.
3n.jpg

draybook

No Olivia Wilde. Please leave the romance piece out of the story. The original wasn't that sappy and we don't need the third film watered down either.

tribbleorlfl

Hehe, when we were talking about the Tron coaster in Shanghai a few month's ago, Mr. Spirit insisted there was no way it was a sign a new movie was in the works and that Disney had no interest in making another film as the franchise was a failure and disappointment.

tribbleorlfl

Apologizes if this belongs elsewhere. The news is all over the net today that Tron 3 will film this fall in Vancouver. Considering Tron: Legacy, is this good news or bad news? I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything at all (concept, script, cast) and all of a sudden filming is only 6 months away. Thoughts?
There have been updates over the past year or so, mostly confirmations from Wilde and Hedlund that they were returning and from Kosinski that the script was going through rewrites.

I also believe Wilde and Kosinski have stated the basic concept is going to revolve around the technical/biologic/philosophical implications of Quora existing in the real world, and that they intend the antagonist to be Dilinger's son (Cillian Murphy's uncredited role in TL).

tmstephe

Original Poster
I also believe Wilde and Kosinski have stated the basic concept is going to revolve around the technical/biologic/philosophical implications of Quora existing in the real world, and that they intend the antagonist to be Dilinger's son (Cillian Murphy's uncredited role in TL).

Interesting premise - thanks for the update!

Figments Friend

Big *Tron* fan here.
Loved the unique original film, loved *Legacy*.
Still scratching my head as to why Disney seems so trigger shy to put this IP into one of it*s US Parks on a permanent basis.
Such a visually exciting look and contemporary theme....seems like a excellent addition.
At the very least, retheme a existing Park arcade into a neon paradise called *Flynn*s*!
While i can appreciate the Tron-esque retheming of Epcot*s *Test Track* and thought Disneyland*s *Elec-TRON-ica* night events were a cool plus, the franchise really should be used more fully.
Where is a epic, multi-sensory experience involving a visit to the Grid...!

Glad to see the plans for a *Tron 3* moving forward.
Lots of talk over the last couple of years in the Tron fan community about this happening, but always nice to see it hit the press officially.

For those who may not be aware of it, *Tron Sector* is a excellent and informative website for all aspects of the world of Tron.
The forum there is quite good...lots of good discussions and many serious fans.
Worth a look if you have the interest!

tribbleorlfl

Big *Tron* fan here.
Loved the unique original film, loved *Legacy*.
Still scratching my head as to why Disney seems so trigger shy to put this IP into one of it*s US Parks on a permanent basis.
Such a visually exciting look and contemporary theme....seems like a excellent addition.
At the very least, retheme a existing Park arcade into a neon paradise called *Flynn*s*!
While i can appreciate the Tron-esque retheming of Epcot*s *Test Track* and thought Disneyland*s *Elec-TRON-ica* night events were a cool plus, the franchise really should be used more fully.
Where is a epic, multi-sensory experience involving a visit to the Grid...!

Glad to see the plans for a *Tron 3* moving forward.
Lots of talk over the last couple of years in the Tron fan community about this happening, but always nice to see it hit the press officially.

For those who may not be aware of it, *Tron Sector* is a excellent and informative website for all aspects of the world of Tron.
The forum there is quite good...lots of good discussions and many serious fans.
Worth a look if you have the interest!
As am I! Still have my Epcot variant poster from the original and Video Game History poster from the TL arg hanging up in my house.

ItlngrlBella

^^^ Yes to the romance comment and I'm not happy either about Daft Punk bowing out. I'm not a dubstep fan and less a fan of Skrillex - take your Tylenol before going in to see the movie. Dude gives me migraines.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
^^^ Yes to the romance comment and I'm not happy either about Daft Punk bowing out. I'm not a dubstep fan and less a fan of Skrillex - take your Tylenol before going in to see the movie. Dude gives me migraines.
From what I am hearing, Skrillex will be doing a re-mix of the Legacy soundtrack.

Fingers crossed that it will at least be OK or just melt into the background.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom