Trip Report Trip Report

Day One...

The night was sultry. Bags were packed. Gas tank was full. Wife was asleep. I sipped on an ice cold seltzer while pondering how @lostpro9het would judge me for not drinking a donut chocolate stout, but moreso I pondered an appropriate time to leave in the morning and head to Orlando.

Several hours later we were on the road.

Screenshot_20210324-150447.png

Pit stop in Gainesville at Maple Street Biscuit.

Screenshot_20210324-150529.png

We left Maple Street and we're getting quite amped up to be arriving at WDW soon and C decided to crank some tunes. @Zipitidoda aptly pointed out our music choice in my PTR. We'll done, ma'am.

Screenshot_20210324-151025.png

Fun fact. C got a little too "turnt" and turned the radio up quickly and the speakers in the truck sounded as if they had blown. It's a new truck and warranty would cover it so we weren't worried but it still sucked. Kid N Play is our jam. Either way, we were in good spirits because shortly after, this was the view.

Screenshot_20210324-150912.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MickeyCB

I hope everybody appreciates the crossover we are creating. It's like Avengers teaming up with X-Men!! FYI, I'm Thor.
I'm getting whiplash trying to keep up! And it's a good thing I was reading both of your reports, has made it a teeny bit easier to follow!
And @lostpro9het, I'll say it again, I don't really drink too much but I love the can colors and graphics, they are like works of art!

And how about, I had to edit this because I just realized I thought I was commenting in @lostpro9het TR!!:banghead:

slipperalwaysfits

She said she wanted to get one with me. Then she decided to have some fun at my expense. She kept saying, "it's almost here, hold the pose", but it wasn't anywhere near. I was just standing there like an idiot with my hands up, smh.
It's probably payback for ....something! :bored: 😍
We acted normal and took a few sips and I told C let's hightail it outa here, but casually.
How can you "hightail it...but casually?" That's a funny story but I agree that the carbonation doesn't 100% mean alcohol. You're lucky the CM didn't check! :geek::jawdrop:
But seriously, I remember the old New York Seltzers as a kid. They were awesome.
THOSE WERE THE BEST after-school drink!

mmnw

ah, thanks for thinking of me - been away for a while as I have “Disney I can’t get on a plane as none of them are flying” blues

but just noticed this tag.
Will need to find time to read as I always enjoy your reports (and photos). Hoping the phone makes an appearance somewhere. :D
I came on to see if you had a chance to return. I haven’t read the boards in forever, but have been thinking of you.

Longers

I came on to see if you had a chance to return. I haven’t read the boards in forever, but have been thinking of you.
Ah thank you, that’s so kind. Due to there being no flights we’ve been unable to return through Covid. But…….. as flights have now resumed we’ve booked for the end of Feb. I am excited but not allowing myself to get ahead of myself. I literally am dancing inside but the sensible part of me keeps telling myself to stay calm. Until we are on the plane on our way it won’t seem real or possible. There will I am sure be a lot of tears as the thought just makes me tear up of actually being there. Keep everything crossed for me!,,,

meggo819

Ah thank you, that’s so kind. Due to there being no flights we’ve been unable to return through Covid. But…….. as flights have now resumed we’ve booked for the end of Feb. I am excited but not allowing myself to get ahead of myself. I literally am dancing inside but the sensible part of me keeps telling myself to stay calm. Until we are on the plane on our way it won’t seem real or possible. There will I am sure be a lot of tears as the thought just makes me tear up of actually being there. Keep everything crossed for me!,,,
Ooh! I will be looking forward to this trip report for sure! Hope it all works out for you.

Tiggertoo56

I know how you feel and so glad you've managed to book. Are you going to your favourite Riverside? We wanted to be there Oct 21 but no flights & no entry for Brits put an end to that. Booked for 3 weeks in October/November this year instead, but not getting too excited as we want to make sure we can actually get on a plane and get there!

Longers

I know how you feel and so glad you've managed to book. Are you going to your favourite Riverside? We wanted to be there Oct 21 but no flights & no entry for Brits put an end to that. Booked for 3 weeks in October/November this year instead, but not getting too excited as we want to make sure we can actually get on a plane and get there!
Tell me about it - we’ve all waited so long to be allowed entry. I actually had tears when the Virgin and BA flights left together.

No this trip we are off site but also have a trip booked for Sept staying in Coronado - Riverside wasn’t on the meal plan (for Sept) and was £2500 each without flights etc and like Chris said let’s just get there!

our Feb trip was booked after we watched those planes go and decided We couldn’t wait until Sept! We just booked whatever we could - was still over £4200 but we’re going (or at least we hope so)

Hope you are well and fingers crossed for both our trips

Tiggertoo56

Tell me about it - we’ve all waited so long to be allowed entry. I actually had tears when the Virgin and BA flights left together.

No this trip we are off site but also have a trip booked for Sept staying in Coronado - Riverside wasn’t on the meal plan (for Sept) and was £2500 each without flights etc and like Chris said let’s just get there!

our Feb trip was booked after we watched those planes go and decided We couldn’t wait until Sept! We just booked whatever we could - was still over £4200 but we’re going (or at least we hope so)

Hope you are well and fingers crossed for both our trips
Glad to hear from you on the forum again, was hoping you were both ok. We booked our trip without meal plan as there are 11 of us going together and couldn't book the times when offer dates were available, and couldn't all afford to go moderate this time. Going back to ASM (instead of FQ, unless we can get a deal to upgrade later). Last time we stayed there kids were all teens - now married with kiddos (😀). So looking forward to it, but still hoping nothing 🙏 stops us from getting there. Fingers crossed 🤞 for both of your trips too.

mmnw

Aww. I understand you wanting to be excited, but being cautious. I will keep everything crossed. Will look for any trip reports too. I was trying to think of your user name. Was doing various random key word searches based on what I could remember. Nothing. Know what finally worked? Ice cream. 😁

Longers

Aww. I understand you wanting to be excited, but being cautious. I will keep everything crossed. Will look for any trip reports too. I was trying to think of your user name. Was doing various random key word searches based on what I could remember. Nothing. Know what finally worked? Ice cream. 😁
So nice to know people are thinking of me - and I literally laughed that you found me under ice cream! Can’t wait to get me some of those!

mmnw

So nice to know people are thinking of me - and I literally laughed that you found me under ice cream! Can’t wait to get me some of those!
Glad to make you laugh. I love to read your trip reports - - especially when I can’t be there’s myself. Here is hoping February works for you (and that Disney doesn’t run out of ice cream. 😉)

Longers

I seriously LOVE that this trip report has become a destination for the folks in Europe to chat! Please continue to use this for conversation as it takes away from me not completing this TR yet 😁😁😁🤣

well thank you kind sir - I nearly quoted your last update as being April but thought better of it

I did think of starting a Pre trip report so as not to use yours (might still do it!)

thanks for letting us use your TR to chat :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom