Trip Report 11/15, 11/19, and 11/20

RU42

Original Poster
Well, a triple hitter this week. Let's see what I can chat about.

BELIEVE - I have viewed the firework show from 4 locations. Here they are in order of best to least favorite

#1 - Middle of Main Street, End (between Photo and Coke Corner) They put up a rope at this spot. Get on the rope. The music is awesome, you are between 2 speakers. The fireworks are almost perfectly centered. The Hub plays a nice foreground. The Castle fireworks are close but not in your face. And turn around and you have all of Main Street full on covered in snow. A rank of 10 I give this spot a solid 10.

#2 - The Hub/Castle side. The Castle fireworks are in your face, and that is not a bad thing. Talk about take your breath away stunning. The music is strong. The only thing that knocks this spot down is the lack of snow.I rank this spot a 9

#3 - New Orleans/Rivers Of America. Get on the River as if you wanted to see Fantasmic from dead center. This is a nice alternate view instead of the Castle. Music is nice and there will be snow off to your right. If you have seen the show from the above 2 locations, give this one a try. You even get to view the Castle fountains. Rank 7

#4 - It's A Small World Corridor. I view this at the bend, one level up, right outside the entrance to IaSW. The colorful Small World is in view. The fireworks are closer and the booms are powerful. The snowfall here is also plentiful. The biggest minus is complete lack of the Castle effects. Do this one once you visit the above spots. Rank 6

CHRISTMAS AT THE PARK
Hmmm, I guess the 50th has zapped the decorations this year. One of my goal of the 11/19 was to do nothing but take pictures. I noticed the decorations have been limited, but the 'kick-off' of the holiday season as the park isn't all done up yet.

Plus: Main Street looks good. New Orleans is awesome.

Then I walked the park. For this analysis I am eliminating red/white plants and Christmas merchandise in stores.

Critter Country - not a lot but not completely bare. It is done well. Some cute signs, character area done up well. The stores look good. Overall a A- area.

New Orleans - WOW!

Frontierland - Hmm, a few lights and garland. But the whole back area (MT/BTMRR to Fantasyland) has nothing.

Fantasyland - besides plants and merchandise - nothing (Exception is IaSW Holiday Corridor.)

Tomorrowland - Not even the plants.

Hub - What is going on here. 4 trees has white lights. That's it. Where are all the colorful ornaments, lights, ice scultures. The area is just plain.

Catle:
11/5 - decorations on the Castle
Soon thereafter they were removed
11/19 - still no Christmas deco
11/20 - well, now there is some garland and a big wreath (see pics)

AROUND THE PARK

Bengal still closed and boarded up tight. 2 plywod walls and the tarp. They must be ripping the whoel thing out.

Frontierland buildings starting to get their facelifts.

Buzz Lightyear has the fastpass area up. The entrance is now colored and signage is up (see pics)

Holiday Parade is back. It is really nice; nothing majorly different but a definite owrth see.

Well, enough rambling for now. See pics in my gallery.
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/gallery/album26

RU

xfkirsten

Great pics!!!! :sohappy: I like how the one of me wth Al, Jas, and Genie came out. :D

I took soooooooo many pictures today. I had well over 100 on the card when I got home, but I cut it down to around 60 or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom