Trip Postponed....damn gall bladder.

Dads 2 Boys

As I recover from having my gall bladder removed yesterday, I now have to reschedule our family trip from October of this year to February '14. Sad but at least I'm fortunate (and thankful) enough for it to be postponed and not canceled. I have to use a week of personal time for this, I took a week in Feb for my trip to WDW and have a week with my kids in the summer so something had to give. While I have 5 weeks of time from my job, the other time is either accounted for or held ofr emergencies (kids, etc...)

Since I went this Feb with my best friend (see Mancation 2013 trip report) it won't be too bad of a wait but I was looking forward to going twice in one year.

foreverbelle

I had three emergency surgeries back in 2011 for colon, believe me it was torture to postpone plans, but Disney will be there. Get well so you can enjoy the time back at one of our favorite places.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Glad to hear you are on the mend and that your trip is only postponed, not cancelled. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a wonderful trip a little further down the road!

Upvote 0

James Barker

I had my gall bladder removed in Feb. I wish you a speedy recovery!
5r.jpg

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I hate to read about trip cancellations or postponments. Being able to do twice in a year visits are special. Sorry it had to happen to you. Hoping the recovery goes well. Better to have it taken cared of than have a bad attack while at Disney. With the extra delay, save and plan something extra special to do to make up for the lost trip.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

As I recover from having my gall bladder removed yesterday, I now have to reschedule our family trip from October of this year to February '14. Sad but at least I'm fortunate (and thankful) enough for it to be postponed and not canceled. I have to use a week of personal time for this, I took a week in Feb for my trip to WDW and have a week with my kids in the summer so something had to give. While I have 5 weeks of time from my job, the other time is either accounted for or held ofr emergencies (kids, etc...)

Since I went this Feb with my best friend (see Mancation 2013 trip report) it won't be too bad of a wait but I was looking forward to going twice in one year.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!! Disney will always be there, take care of your health and have a terrific time when you return :) Sending mounds of pixie dust your way!!

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
Thanks everyone very much for the well wishes....it's sincerely appreciated. I didn't know what it was at the time but I had a minor attack one of the nights while there in February...thank goodness it passed. That pain is what made me begin to find out what it was when we returned.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom