Trip planning for summer time

ChrisDavis_23

My wife and I were planning on taking our niece and nephew sometime in September to avoid the crowds but that has not worked out.
We are looking to see if how bad it is around the first week in August or earlier? Any suggestions? I could really use some help.

howlin_mad

I've done several trips in August, and it isn't really that crowded compared to late June or all of July. The good thing is by that time most families have already had their summer vacation, and they'll be more concerned about getting the kids ready for school.

Upvote 0

ChrisDavis_23

Original Poster
Thank you very much this is the first time that my wife has gone or any of them in fact.. I want to make sure that they have a lot of fun. Does anyone know anything about the Amtrak train from San Antonio to Orlando? I am looking at it, but do not know the cost I am looking at.

Upvote 0

jcmayid

All I can say is it's gonna take forever, try to find a good rate on an airplane, you still have time. Look online, prices will be competetive to those of Amtrack, and the ride is gonna be much faster too.

Upvote 0

danamarie27

I have gone in August twice. You get extended hours at all the parks, but its very,very crowded. Definately stay on-site. You will need to take a break when the heat gets you. The way my daughter and I did it was......Early at all the parks...break around noon for lunch and a swim at the hotel (nap if you need to), then back to the parks for the afternoon parades. This is the hotest time of year and you will get ten min. showers here and there, but, hey! it's Disney and therfore its always worth it.:animwink:
Another suggestion might be, to join Disney Club to get some discounts on the hotels and admissions. It takes 2-3 week to get your membership packet (just joined) but it may save you some money. Discount airfare may be hard this late in the game, but again, you may get a discount through Disney if you join soon. Good luck and let us all know how you make out.

Upvote 0

raven

Originally posted by ChrisDavis_23
My wife and I were planning on taking our niece and nephew sometime in September to avoid the crowds but that has not worked out.
We are looking to see if how bad it is around the first week in August or earlier? Any suggestions? I could really use some help.

That's too bad. I believe that September is the best time of the year to go. No crowds, still very warm, and everything costs less! (hotels, air fare, etc.)

I remember going in August as a kid and we were misrable.:(

Upvote 0

Erika

Another suggestion might be, to join Disney Club to get some discounts on the hotels and admissions. It takes 2-3 week to get your membership packet (just joined) but it may save you some money. Discount airfare may be hard this late in the game, but again, you may get a discount through Disney if you join soon. Good luck and let us all know how you make out. [/B]

You also get a discount if you use your American Express card.

I learned that last time and got one just for that purpose! so I could use it on my next trip :lol: They lured me in with Disney promises, and it worked.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I would keep looking for some cheap airfare. We managed to get roundtrip, non stop flights from StLouis Mo. to Orlando for $90 per person Roundtrip price on SouthwestAirlines.com I kept checking daily at different airlines out of StLouis to see if we could get a good rate, otherwise it was another road trip! But the only way I found these prices was to actually fill out the screen work for reservations, then they showed me the best rates...came up at $39 each way (2 hours in a plane beats 18 hours in a van), when i called the 800 #'s they said the best rates were $200 per person but they did tell me to check online. So thats what I would do...if you aren't going until August you have loads of time to keep searching!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by ChrisDavis_23
Thank you very much this is the first time that my wife has gone or any of them in fact.. I want to make sure that they have a lot of fun. Does anyone know anything about the Amtrak train from San Antonio to Orlando? I am looking at it, but do not know the cost I am looking at.

We take the train from New York to Florida every year for our trip. Here is some information on your train route...

You will be riding the Sunset Limited. The train departs San Antonio at 5:25 AM. You will arrive in Orlando at 8:45 PM the next day. So if you left today (4/12) then you would get there on 4/13. This is train #2.

Then returning you would be on train #1. Which you depart Orlando at 1:45PM and then arrive in San Antonio 2:40AM the next morning. So if you were to leave today you would get to San antonio on 4/14.

The route is a little rough, and I would advise you to fly unless you really can't. The train can be a real nusiance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom