Trip planning advice needed

raven

If your six year old thrill seeker doesn't meet the minimum height requirements, here's a tip. One year, my youngest didn't meet the minimums for some of the rides that his older brother and sister could ride. We bought him a thick-soled pair of sneakers; I believe they were Sketchers. When we got into the lines for rides, we would then add a thick, dense piece of foam into the heel of my son's sneakers to add another half inch to his height. He got onto all of the rides.
As far as your visit dates, it sounds like you're prepared. To be honest, I couldn't do it. I was frustrated in early December when the crowds were a little more than mediocre. Good luck to you and your family. I hope your trip is very memorable.
Understand that height requirements are not calculatedly by the theme parks, but by the ride manufacturers. It’s designed as a minimum safety requirement so individuals cannot slip out of the restraints. By altering someone’s height you are putting your own child at risk of serious injury. You also forfeit all agreements you (probably unknowingly) agreed to when purchasing your ticket and an accident will be blamed solely on the guest.

Having worked as an attraction host I can tell you that I’ve witnessed a few emergency stops to evacuate guests that have fallen out of their restraints for this exact “tip.” Video surveillance is everywhere and is easy to provide instant proof in these cases if guests detest. It’s also extremely easy to tell when a child’s height is being altered by an accompanying adult. Pigtails on top of the head to add inches or refusal to remove hats for a proper measurement are a dead giveaway.

Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. Just making sure you understand you aren’t putting your child at risk of serious injury.

DRD

You could also check out the Unofficial Guide for Universal Orlando. I borrowed my local library's new copy before my trip last year.

-Rob

Thanks...I ordered a copy a few weeks ago and have skimmed through it. It's pretty extensive. And the touring plans in it seem like finely tuned machines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom