Trip in December

NIU EE

I plan on going to WDW sometime in the first few weeks of December. My family always stays in Hawaii at the Polynesian but we're ready to break the tradition and try something else. Where should we stay?!

gary_flower

Im getting married at the YC on the 5th and staying there for 2 weeks.
Its a excellent hotel. Wicked pool and so close to EPCOT and MGM. Great bus service and boardwalk for when the parks close

Upvote 0
we are going for Christmas this year we have stayed almost everywhere and we love POR just as good as the deluxe hotels we find it is very quiet and so much more to do granted the monorail isn't there but besides that there is everything else we love the bost trip down the river to downtown Disney:xmas:

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

we'll be there dec 14-19 and alex picked WL because he liked the idea of staying at a lodge for our christams trip. he said it felt wintery. also, we have heard it's beautifully decorated for christmas.

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Wilderness Lodge does have a very Chrismassy feel (even for Florida) and you can get "sleigh rides".

AKL is similar in a lot of ways. Both Boardwalk and Y&B have neat displays and are in walking distance to Epcot if you plan on spending a lot of time there for all the Christmas festivities offered.

It's truly a great time of the year to go, enjoy!

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Wilderness Lodge if you want to spend the money. Its gorgeous. POR if you want to save some money. It has beautiful surroundings and a neat boat ride to DTD. for saving more money, POP is the best value resort. Lots of fun things to look at and the bus only goes to POP. great food court,too. dont forget MVMCP. cant miss that. and Osborne lights. have a magical stay.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

gary_flower

I agree if money is a big thing POR is far the best for that money area.
I went in April and loved it. So quirt but so much to do at the same time.
i tried the fishing and caught 3 fish :king: lol.

Upvote 0

SamatBCV

Hmmmm

There are so many good choices. If you've stayed at the Poly, then I would guess that money is not your top concern, so definately avoid the All Stars and Pop (we've stayed at All Stars out of necessity before and I think I'd rather stay offsite at a better hotel for the same money in the future if we had to). I'd recommend any of the Epcot resorts. We've had a DVC membership for a while and have stayed at the Boardwalk and Beach Club and I stayed at YC when I was younger. They are all great and have an excellent location. YC and BC have some special Christmas decorations too like the chocolate carosel.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Our last two December trips we stayed at WL and loved it. Really makes you feel like it's Christmas in Florida. I was doing laundry late one night and when I was returning to our room the lobby was competely empty. It was really nice to take in the lobby all decorated with no one by the CM's at the front desk. I got my daughter and we took some nice pictures in the lobby of the decorations. We have also taken the "sleigh ride" which is very quiet and relaxing after a busy day in the parks.

Upvote 0

snakeislandboy

I want to chime in for AKL. I stayed there last December, and it was beautifully decorated and the fireplaces around were great to sit around on those more chilly nights. The castmembers also sing African Christmas Carols in a tree lighting ceremony every night. It was great.

Upvote 0
POR,WL(with the exception of concierge) as well as all the all-stars are already booked for the first week of December. POR is where I wanted to stay:cry: Not sure why it is booking so quickly. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

casconi

Hey everyone....My family and I have recently booked a week long stay at Ft. Wilderness resort in one of the cabins Dec. 21-28...We have never left home for Christmas time (which is just two hours south of WDW), but are huge disney fans and wanted to experience the holidays there....has anyone ever stayed in that area during this time frame...and "honestly" how is it? Its not too late to change...Our only problem is that there are five in our family, so it would mean booking two rooms anywhere else...this is why we chose the cabins...someone let me know what they think...thanks

Upvote 0

Dagger

I have heard amazing things about Ft. Wilderness cabins, and for Christmas, that is many people's favorite place. I myself have never been there at Christmas time... Your question is sort of hijacking someone else's thread so no one probably saw it.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Dagger said:
I have heard amazing things about Ft. Wilderness cabins, and for Christmas, that is many people's favorite place. I myself have never been there at Christmas time... Your question is sort of hijacking someone else's thread so no one probably saw it.

:lol: I just noticed your avatar. That's great!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
casconi said:
Hey everyone....My family and I have recently booked a week long stay at Ft. Wilderness resort in one of the cabins Dec. 21-28...We have never left home for Christmas time (which is just two hours south of WDW), but are huge disney fans and wanted to experience the holidays there....has anyone ever stayed in that area during this time frame...and "honestly" how is it? Its not too late to change...Our only problem is that there are five in our family, so it would mean booking two rooms anywhere else...this is why we chose the cabins...someone let me know what they think...thanks

There is nothing wrong with the Fort Wilderness area with the possible exception of transportation and the feeling that it is so remote. There are many places available to you with five people in a room (althought it would be rather cozy), including Poly, GF, Y&B and POR. You also have the option of deluxe guest rooms at AKL and WL that can accomodate 5 or Vacation Club 2 BR Villa's that also includes much more room, a kitchen, jacuzzi and more.

We know of a number of people that stay at the cabins as well as the campgrounds, they bring down their own decorations, trees etc and have a grand time. Seems to be a lot of regulars so there is a real community feel.

PS: You may want to get in touch with Kingdom Konsultants (link on the home page ad here). They can give you all your pricing options for a party of 5. There is no additional fee for that information, in fact they can sometimes get you a better price than is generally available.

Upvote 0

casconi

Thanks a bunch Clemson....sorry if u see a new thread on this topic, but I didnt wan't to be interfering with someone elses topic which I did on accident...I will be sure to contact Kingdom Konsultants....thanks again.

Upvote 0

NIU EE

Original Poster
Well after much discussion, we decided to stick with the Polynesian. We never use the concierge services enough to make it worthwhile so we're staying 3rd floor Tahiti Magic Kingdom View. Hopefully the rennovation is done by then and its really nice(I've seen that its supposed to be done oct-nov timeframe) Since we're staying 7 days this time we plan to go check out some other hotels and maybe stay elsewhere in June.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom