Trip Delay and reschedule..?

Journey

Our family was scheduled to go April 10-16, and we still are going, BUT it may be the next week.

We have a family member with cancer and she has taken a turn for the worse, and not expected to live another day or two.

We booked our trip through AAA and also purchased travel insurance. I consulted with the agent and she said she didnt think there would be a problem switching dates.

My question is will we be penalized in any way by rescheduling so close to the date of travel ?

Any advice you may offer will be appreciated, thanks ahead of time!

tigsmom

You have insurance so that should cover any fees. I say go for it.

I'm sorry for your family's troubles, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

tigsmom said:
You have insurance so that should cover any fees. I say go for it.

I'm sorry for your family's troubles, I'll keep you in my thoughts.
I would agree with Tig's Mom good call on the trip insurance!!!!!! My prayers are with you. Belle

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I doubt you will be charged any fees. Usually there is a charge when you cancel but not when you reschedule and if there is a charge your trip insurance should take care of it.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Technically, you will be charged change fees by Disney and by the Airline if you are using one. Since you are canceling and rescheduling due to a family illness, you should be reimbursed for any penalties and fees from all travel components booked by AAA. Assuming you purchased your Traveler's Insurance from Disney, contact Insure America at 1-800-826-3899 as soon a possible.

My sympathies to your family member’s condition.

Upvote 0

Journey

Original Poster
Thank you for all your responses!
We did reschedule April 17-23, Disney was wonderful as usual, no extra charges, and our trip insurance was not needed!
Thanks for your kind words! Losing a loved one is never easy and ultimately family is the most important.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom