Trip 21-2/9 IM WORRIED!

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I keep reading that everything is sold out for first part of Feb. My very first trip is 2/1-2/9 and those dates were carefully selected. I thought that was a low travel time for WDW. What is going on that week that would cause it to be sold out? Or am I just reading things wrong?

EpcotGrl

For whatever reason, this seems to happen if you are booking in advance. Two years ago we tried to book a trip for late Jan around the end of November. Everything was booked. Even had my CM friend at the reservations center (what CRO is called now) and she couldn't find us a room. So we booked off-sight.

Then, right after Christmas, everything had rooms available. So we cancled our off-site and ended up at Riverside.

I've read a few other accounts of similar things happening to other on this site. I don't know if that's because they sell large blocks of rooms to the travel websites that then come back to Disney if not used by a certain time or if Disney holds rooms until a certain time before your trip.

So my advice is keep checking. Things may open up the closer you get to your trip time.

Thanks for this note! Monday a friend called to meet Jan 10-14, and when I tried to book at a Value, they were all "reserved"...guess I'll try again after XMas. Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I'm staying at ASMovies too! I'm going with my husband. (Yeah I know I'm called "FantasMICKEYm", but I am a girl.) Have you stayed at ASM before? We've only stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, that was just amazing.. But as we don't intend to spend much time at the hotel anyway I hope ASM will be good too:king:

This is my third trip, and the first time I've stayed on-site, so we'll both have new hotel experiences :animwink: I'm going with my boyfriend and our best friend, who are both first-timers.
I've planned our days out so much that we probably won't spend much time in the hotel either. Although I would absolutely LOVE to stay at AKL someday. If/when I ever get the chance to stay at a Deluxe it will definitely be there!

Upvote 0

FantasMickeyM

This is my third trip, and the first time I've stayed on-site, so we'll both have new hotel experiences :animwink: I'm going with my boyfriend and our best friend, who are both first-timers.
I've planned our days out so much that we probably won't spend much time in the hotel either. Although I would absolutely LOVE to stay at AKL someday. If/when I ever get the chance to stay at a Deluxe it will definitely be there!

Yeah, you absolutely should, AKL was fantastic:king: Probably my favourite hotel ever. Hope you'll enjoy staying on property, it's worth it just for the EMHours never mind everything else. Have a fantasmic trip!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Glasgow

You know, funny you mention that (OP). I was on checking resort availability for Feb 07 and every time I selected a resort (I tried AKL, WL, CBR, CS, etc) it choose Fort Wilderness for me instead. I was wondering why everything was booked as well ...

My last two trips have been in Feb (03 and 06) and the parks have been relatively quiet and the weather has been fantastic. I'm sure everything will be fine but I too would like to know why Disney's website says that everything is booked.

Upvote 0

keri150107

I'm staying at ASMovies too! I'm going with my husband. (Yeah I know I'm called "FantasMICKEYm", but I am a girl.) Have you stayed at ASM before? We've only stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, that was just amazing.. But as we don't intend to spend much time at the hotel anyway I hope ASM will be good too:king:

we are going to be at AKL at similar times to you...1st time in disneyworld and florida

Upvote 0

InstImpres

The National Association of Homebuilders have a Convention in Orlando Feb 7-10 but I wouldn't think that would affect it much.

Actually the Homebuilders Convention has a huge block space at many of the Disney resorts. So while the resorts may be a little more crowded, many of those people are headed to the Orlando Convention Center during the day

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Our first visit to WDW (summer, 2003) saw us stay at ASM and we enjoyed it very much. We have since been back and stayed at POP Century and The Wilderness Lodge. I can tell you that you will find major differences between a deluxe and value, but you typically pay 3 times the cost at a deluxe so you would expect many more amenities. Our 2 next trips are planned and are booked for POP again and, next Christmas, at Port Orleans (a moderate). We actually enjoy the theming at the value resorts, the room exiting outside and all we need in terms of on site service is a pool, food court and gift shop. We tend to leave for the parks early each day and go back to the parks in the evening. Sometimes we relax at the resort and swim in the afternoon, but we are only in the rooms an hour or so each day. Because of this, we have no plans to ever stay at a deluxe again. We'll 'splurge' for a moderate, which is similar to a value in some ways, but has more amenities, slightly larger rooms, etc. Our family would much rather use the 'extra' money that would be spent on a deluxe, to add a few more days to each trip and give us more spending money for meals, etc. The wonderful thing about WDW is the selection of resorts and prices, so everyone can find something that suits their values and budget. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

FantasMickeyM

Thanks for the info! We'd normally rather use the extra money on other stuff too, like better food or more fun Disney stuff, rather than staying at a delux hotel. Last time was an exception though, as we were on honeymoon and wanted all the luxury we could get :king: :D

Our first visit to WDW (summer, 2003) saw us stay at ASM and we enjoyed it very much. We have since been back and stayed at POP Century and The Wilderness Lodge. I can tell you that you will find major differences between a deluxe and value, but you typically pay 3 times the cost at a deluxe so you would expect many more amenities. Our 2 next trips are planned and are booked for POP again and, next Christmas, at Port Orleans (a moderate). We actually enjoy the theming at the value resorts, the room exiting outside and all we need in terms of on site service is a pool, food court and gift shop. We tend to leave for the parks early each day and go back to the parks in the evening. Sometimes we relax at the resort and swim in the afternoon, but we are only in the rooms an hour or so each day. Because of this, we have no plans to ever stay at a deluxe again. We'll 'splurge' for a moderate, which is similar to a value in some ways, but has more amenities, slightly larger rooms, etc. Our family would much rather use the 'extra' money that would be spent on a deluxe, to add a few more days to each trip and give us more spending money for meals, etc. The wonderful thing about WDW is the selection of resorts and prices, so everyone can find something that suits their values and budget. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom