Trio Nabs Roles in 'Providence'

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Trio Nabs Roles in 'Providence'

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) -- Calista Flockhart, Tim Blake Nelson and Toni Collette are in talks to join the cast of the mob feature "Providence" for the Walt Disney Co. and director Jeff Nathanson. The film, which also stars Alec Baldwin and Matthew Broderick, was inspired by the true story of a sting operation in Providence, RI. It revolves around a young filmmaker (Broderick) who is given millions of dollars to make his first movie by a mysterious benefactor (Baldwin) on the condition that he shoot it in Providence. But the filmmaker eventually discovers that his film's producer is an undercover FBI agent. Flockhart will play a wannabe actress with an on-again, off-again relationship with Broderick's character. Nelson will play a washed-up Hollywood writer, and Collette will play a gifted actress trying to rejuvenate her career. Nathanson, who is making his directorial debut on the project, also penned the script.

CDS Disney

Being a Resident of Rhode Island I would love to see this movie made. My home state and a mob movie what could be better.
Here's a poem I wrote about it when I was in school in VT.

Oh how I long for Rhode Island.
A place were the sun all ways shines,
the people are always are friendly,
and there's always a pair of cement shoes for you
if you get out of line.

PS There is no Mob here :lookaroun

DisJosh

What the hell do we need a movie for? It's happening right in front of us....the whole state is run by crooks.

CDS Disney

Originally posted by DisJosh
What the hell do we need a movie for? It's happening right in front of us....the whole state is run by crooks.
Come on now not everything is run by crooks. Every city says that about its government when there is a mob in town.

SirNim

Originally posted by DisJosh

You're very right... :D :lol:

Hmm... Haven't heard of this movie until just now...

SnowWhite5669

Ok- let's get something straight- 1. Rhode Island is not run by crooks. 2. My ex lived with Buddy and ran quite a few of his campaigns, believe me you don't want to know his life story. I feel very badly for Buddy, he has nothing left and deep down inside he is a great guy. What he supposedly did every elected official in the country is capable of doing and some have done a lot worse. 3. My entire life revolves around politics and there are plenty of decent officials that run this state and I have had the pleasure of working for them. 4. If you are from Rhode Island and you feel that your state is being run by crooks than get the hell out. 5. If you really feel that it is run by crooks why don't you vote against them? I guarantee anyone who feels that way doesn't even know how to cast a vote. 6. That's it- I am very offended by statements made on this thread by some Rhode Islanders and I feel that you should be ashamed of making such statements about your state. Have a great New Years!! I know I will celebrating with my new mayor and his friends!!!

Erika

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
Ok- let's get something straight- 1. Rhode Island is not run by crooks. 2. My ex lived with Buddy and ran quite a few of his campaigns, believe me you don't want to know his life story. I feel very badly for Buddy, he has nothing left and deep down inside he is a great guy. What he supposedly did every elected official in the country is capable of doing and some have done a lot worse. 3. My entire life revolves around politics and there are plenty of decent officials that run this state and I have had the pleasure of working for them. 4. If you are from Rhode Island and you feel that your state is being run by crooks than get the hell out. 5. If you really feel that it is run by crooks why don't you vote against them? I guarantee anyone who feels that way doesn't even know how to cast a vote. 6. That's it- I am very offended by statements made on this thread by some Rhode Islanders and I feel that you should be ashamed of making such statements about your state. Have a great New Years!! I know I will celebrating with my new mayor and his friends!!!

YOU'RE offended? You've said some pretty offensive things here yourself.

Seems to me that the things which offend you are all within the nature of Politics. If you can't stand the heat, why revolve your entire life around the kitchen?

SnowWhite5669

I become offended when bad things are implied about my friends and family. You see I was born into politics so there is no way to get away from it and in a crazy way I love it. It pays my bills and allows me to go to Disney at 4 times a year! lol

CDS Disney

Well any way I herd that Robert "bobby" De Niro said he would make a movie about "Buddy" if he were convicted. Well so far the conviction stands. I love movies about RI some how we just became so popular. :D

SirNim

Originally posted by CDS Disney
Well any way I herd that Robert "bobby" De Niro said he would make a movie about "Buddy" if he were convicted. Well so far the conviction stands. I love movies about RI some how we just became so popular. :D
Like overnight, some time late last century... Since then, all these Movies Movies (breakes out into that "Movies" theme song set to some classical Beethoven tune)...:lol:

CDS Disney

If you notice there aren’t any serious movies about RI and if there are there about the mom or something they need to make a historical movie. How about the Gaspee or the German U-boat in Narragansett Bay (RI saved us all from a NAZI invasion) and that’s just for starters.

Erika

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
I become offended when bad things are implied about my friends and family.
As would anybody- but it is not as if he said "Your friend Buddy..." When somebody is in the public eye, we are told constantly to remember that their personal lives are seperate from their public ones. Isn't that so? Telling somebody to get out of the state because his or her candidate didn't win is a little harsh. Can you imagine the country being run that way? LOL ~Where would we all go? And would they let us in after 4 or 8 years? :lol:

I honestly don't know anything about Rhode Island politics- I just felt that things were heating up a little too quickly in here! ;)

SnowWhite5669

But when you are in the public eye your personal life is not seperate from the public life. Least we forget Bill Clinton. I am just sick of hearing jokes about Rhode Island ie. mob connections, corruption in public office. My point is simply this if you don't like the way things are you can have a positive influence on change and the way you get change is to vote. Listen, I just lost a very good boss who I have worked with for six years because of a very nasty primary election. People don't care if a candidate spreads lies or not. They believe what the media tells them to believe. On the campaign trail I constantly heard that people didn't want to vote because they didn't want to vote another bad politician into office. Does that make sense? It is a shame, I have seen more marriages and careers destroyed by lies spread by the media that are then amplified by Hollywood. Providence is not a mob controlled city, once a long time ago it was but not now. Why must we always judge by past mistakes. I am a public official and as such I become an ambassador for my state. If people don't like what I have to say that's OK! and this my friends will be my last post on this thread or any other thread!! I wish you all peace and prosperity for 2003. I can honestly tell when I am not wanted!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom