TrenD boutique gets exterior signage and window displays

KittKat

Darn

Ugh.... I thought I was going to get away with not buying a lot of merchandise on my next trip. Just looked at some of the photos...I want it all!

WDWFigment

Like the Mr. Toad t-shirt available in the Magic Kingdom I noticed that Disney is starting to do some retro fit for men but not much. That was a good point that Figment brought up with the influx of International Males that come to WDW it would be nice to offer them something like they're used to finding in Europe. Also with all the gay men who work in WDW those t-shirts are more appealing to wear to the clubs than the typical WDW tee.

It's not just international and gay males, most mainstream 'young' stores and/or brands (Polo by Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie & Fitch, J.Crew, etc.) are exclusively tailored/muscle/custom fit, or at least have lines of clothing that have more tailored fits. I really think Disney is behind the curve on this.

WDW1974

It's not just international and gay males, most mainstream 'young' stores and/or brands (Polo by Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie & Fitch, J.Crew, etc.) are exclusively tailored/muscle/custom fit, or at least have lines of clothing that have more tailored fits. I really think Disney is behind the curve on this.

I think this place may be popular with male CMs ... just saying ...

~Not that there's anything wrong with it~

WDWFigment

I think this place may be popular with male CMs ... just saying ...

~Not that there's anything wrong with it~

Did you just out yourself as a Seinfeld fan?

In all seriousness though, you raise a good point about cast demographic. Given that demographic, and that so many males generally like trendy clothing, I am a bit surprised that they'd make this store for both males and females. Is Vault 28 exclusively female clothing?

lpet11984

I am pleasantly surprised with this store...after looking at the photos, the merchandise looks a lot nicer than I had anticipated. I love that mickey purse in the first picture, and some of the mickey icon jewelry. Finally something to get the shopper in me excited about DTD! Goodness knows that WoD doesn't quite do it for me anymore, as most of their stuff is the same as in the parks.

SoccerMickey

Did you just out yourself as a Seinfeld fan?

In all seriousness though, you raise a good point about cast demographic. Given that demographic, and that so many males generally like trendy clothing, I am a bit surprised that they'd make this store for both males and females. Is Vault 28 exclusively female clothing?

Vault 28 sells men's clothing as well. However they also sell non-Disney pieces as well and they also merchandise non-clothing like designer Cheshire Cat figurines within the men's line.
I think it will be a matter of time before lines like the Bloc28 4 Disney t-s (which are for men) will be sold at Tren-D.
And if you are a fan of fitted clothing, J. Crew just adjusted the way their dress shirts fit. They are not as boxy and they come down a little longer so they are easier to stay tucked in. As for the graphic t-s...if it doesn't say "Ringspun" on the tag then it is a little more fitted as well, other than that it will be a little more of a relaxed fit. However if you like your jeans a little more slim fitting you will still only be able to get those online.

WDWFigment

Vault 28 sells men's clothing as well. However they also sell non-Disney pieces as well and they also merchandise non-clothing like designer Cheshire Cat figurines within the men's line.
I think it will be a matter of time before lines like the Bloc28 4 Disney t-s (which are for men) will be sold at Tren-D.
And if you are a fan of fitted clothing, J. Crew just adjusted the way their dress shirts fit. They are not as boxy and they come down a little longer so they are easier to stay tucked in. As for the graphic t-s...if it doesn't say "Ringspun" on the tag then it is a little more fitted as well, other than that it will be a little more of a relaxed fit. However if you like your jeans a little more slim fitting you will still only be able to get those online.

Maybe it's just the stuff I've seen, but Bloc28 looks a little too close to Ed Hardy crap for me. I hope that's not the general case, so maybe what I've seen is just the exception?

Thanks for the J.Crew info. I mostly stick to 7FAM, R&R, or Diesel for denim, but J.Crew had some good looking selvedge this past fall (if I recall correctly).

SoccerMickey

Maybe it's just the stuff I've seen, but Bloc28 looks a little too close to Ed Hardy crap for me. I hope that's not the general case, so maybe what I've seen is just the exception?

Thanks for the J.Crew info. I mostly stick to 7FAM, R&R, or Diesel for denim, but J.Crew had some good looking selvedge this past fall (if I recall correctly).

I personally don't like the Bloc28 either. To me some of the images are just a bit too disrespectful to Mickey. I know that sounds strange but I don't like to see Mickey in the images they show on their products.
One of my best friends is DYING for a slim fit vintage Mickey Mouse destroyed t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off like Emilio Estevez wore in The Outsiders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom